Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the pretty sizeable group of City supporting mates and colleagues of mine, the clamour for wanting Pellegrini binned is much greater than back when Mancini was on the brink, which to me speaks volumes about the general faith in Pellegrini's ability, both tactically and man-management.

From a neutral POV, I actually think the players are more to blame than the manager, and tbh an element of that is also aimed at Mancini's exit.

Too many times have I seen your side stroll through games looking almost uninterested, and whether that's down to a lack of belief in the manager or simply the mental state of certain members of the squad I'm not sure.

Let's be honest here - the squad you have, with the money you've invested, on paper is leagues ahead of United, and certainly better than Arsenal & Chelsea, so there's absolutely no reason why you should be putting in the performances you are, as regularly as you have been of late, unless something else is going on.

With all that being said however, I still don't believe getting rid of Pellegrini now would be of benefit. You've just got to hope that you can get Kompany, Silva & Aguero match fit ASAP, and they can help you climb back up the league.

He shops at B&M so that's alright for me.
And also he ain't going anywhere until the end the season, so get behind the the players, manager, club.
FFS be supporters FFS.
There's no point coming on here and all pretending there aren't some real problems running through the team at the moment.
The Blues at the game sounded like they were offering plenty of support which is what the players need - a few rants on a forum aren't going to do any damage.

Read the article of how Rummenigge and Hoeness pissing Heynckes off about Guardiola coming in, made him more motivated and lead to their treble. Made me wonder if Txiki and Ferran can try pissing Pelle off and seeing if that gets a reaction? Clutching at straws.

Yep.

In a year we should be well ahead of the pack we are having our worst season under MP in the premiership.

The saving grace is that other sides have fallen off as well at least so far if you can take solace in that.

Personally I don't and while he should have gone last summer we have to make do unless we go from bad to worse in the coming months.

A number of players that should have been replaced as well will have to go in the summer as well.

Yep.

In a year we should be well ahead of the pack we are having our worst season under MP in the premiership.

The saving grace is that other sides have fallen off as well at least so far if you can take solace in that.

Personally I don't and while he should have gone last summer we have to make do unless we go from bad to worse in the coming months.

A number of players that should have been replaced as well will have to go in the summer as well.
It's really a talent issue. We don't have the quality at CB, and we are average at RB.

From the pretty sizeable group of City supporting mates and colleagues of mine, the clamour for wanting Pellegrini binned is much greater than back when Mancini was on the brink, which to me speaks volumes about the general faith in Pellegrini's ability, both tactically and man-management.

From a neutral POV, I actually think the players are more to blame than the manager, and tbh an element of that is also aimed at Mancini's exit.

Too many times have I seen your side stroll through games looking almost uninterested, and whether that's down to a lack of belief in the manager or simply the mental state of certain members of the squad I'm not sure.

Let's be honest here - the squad you have, with the money you've invested, on paper is leagues ahead of United, and certainly better than Arsenal & Chelsea, so there's absolutely no reason why you should be putting in the performances you are, as regularly as you have been of late, unless something else is going on.

With all that being said however, I still don't believe getting rid of Pellegrini now would be of benefit. You've just got to hope that you can get Kompany, Silva & Aguero match fit ASAP, and they can help you climb back up the league.

I would agree with most of that but I would argue that it will happen to most groups of talented players at times if they are better than the manager, & that is the case with both Mancini & Pellegrini.

Even Ferguson has had years where his bunch of brainwashed cunts has failed to respond to him. He then relied on signings & dumpings to turn it round. But when it reached the stage that his act was wearing thin amongst modern day players, he retired, twice.

There's no point coming on here and all pretending there aren't some real problems running through the team at the moment.
The Blues at the game sounded like they were offering plenty of support which is what the players need - a few rants on a forum aren't going to do any damage.

Ate talking about at the game or on this forum

I thought this was a forum for opinions.

Best get back to to being crushed in the Kippax.

Genuinely believe now that he had very little to do with us winning the league. He lucked into a bunch of talented players on a mission.

Every major test in the last year he has failed. Miserably.

Sadly we're stuck with him.
Ha. That is a little silly. I guess all those goals were luck and the teams form in the last months under Mancini was nothing.

Speaking of major tests, didn't we win the champions league group of death this year?

He has also managed to keep us in the top 4 and in all competitions while dealing with a major injury crisis.

But, my guess is that there is very little he could do that would sway you and others. Too bad we can't all support our manager, instead of pinning for another for the past two years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.