Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
But your opinion is we shouldn't be on here a bit pissed off after a defeat and I disagree with it.
Not sure what the relevance of being crushed on the kippax has to do with anything.

Maybe, but it's all relative to expectations.
In 2012 & 2014 the records show that we were Champions, but did we actually win them or other teams lose it ie rags 4:4 against Everton, or slippery Steve against Chelsea. Let's not also forget the rags loss against Wigan (fecking pie eaters) or the Scouse draw v Palace.
So, as I m listening to AC/DC at this moment, I'm not despondent, just thinking, it ain't the Jack
Believe.

Claiming lack of quality at CB is fairly ludicrous considering we have devoted more resources to that position than any team in football over the last 4-5 years.
And we've done a shit job at it. Frankly I think Otamendi might be the only capable CB we've purchased in that period.

From Toure to Lescott to Boateng to Savic to Nasty and on to Mangala. They've all been very expensive and often average to poor.

I exclude Kompany as he was originally purchased as a DM. So we really lucked out it became a great defender.

We need to scout better and get better defenders and cheaper too.

The returns on that position has been anemic to say the least.

In 2012 & 2014 the records show that we were Champions, but did we actually win them or other teams lose it ie rags 4:4 against Everton, or slippery Steve against Chelsea. Let's not also forget the rags loss against Wigan (fecking pie eaters) or the Scouse draw v Palace.
So, as I m listening to AC/DC at this moment, I'm not despondent, just thinking, it ain't the Jack
Believe.
I want to remain positive about the season, I generally am regards most things City, I'm just finding it hard to remain upbeat after seeing us make the same mistakes on the pitch time and time again.
The season is far from over but the improvement has to start sooner rather than later.

Believe.

Yes we won them. We won them because we had more points/better GD. It's not a difficult concept because it's being like that since 1880 or something.

And we've done a shit job at it. Frankly I think Otamendi might be the only capable CB we've purchased in that period.

From Toure to Lescott to Boateng to Savic to Nasty and on to Mangala. They've all been very expensive and often average to poor.

I exclude Kompany as he was originally purchased as a DM. So we really lucked out it became a great defender.

With Lescott & Kompany from our title winning sesason, tonight is a comfortable clean sheet. Both cbs were shite tonight & acomplished no examples of intelligent, qualiy defending in 94 mins.

Agree our scouts have let us down so far.

We need better scouts and the owners know it.

For the so called best squad in the league we continue to struggle to get it right on match days.

Not sure where you got that nugget from.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/7574920.stm

Well he did play his first few games for us. I remember Mark Bowen saying a while after he left, that they bought him as a CB and always intended he would move there... but I don't remember him actually playing there under Hughes. Maybe once or twice. I've erased most of that season and a half from my memory. Hopefully I'll be able do the same this time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.