Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man City response proves we are title contenders - Pellegrini

"I am thinking about the future not the past," the Chilean told reporters afterwards. "We have 63 points more to win. I think the way we played in the second half we are going to be an important team in fighting for the title.

"In the second half we took more risks, we created a lot of chances, we had more possession, we had lots of shots but in a match this important you can’t make mistakes.

"We played better than Arsenal but for the second goal we made a mistake and that was decisive. I am very proud of the attitude of the team though. We kept fighting until the end and never gave up."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896...-are-title-contenders-pellegrini?ICID=HP_BN_9

Unfortunately the mistakes he talks about are common occurrences and are in the main down to him and how he sets us up as a team.
I know he's not going anywhere yet but I honestly don't see much inspiration coming from him that'll steer us to the title. The best we can hope for is our big guns returning and playing the majority of the second half of the season. If they do I can see us putting in a decent challange to the end. If not, we're gonna be also rans chasing an automatic CL place.

Unfortunately the mistakes he talks about are common occurrences and are in the main down to him and how he sets us up as a team.
I know he's not going anywhere yet but I honestly don't see much inspiration coming from him that'll steer us to the title. The best we can hope for is our big guns returning and playing the majority of the second half of the season. If they do I can see us putting in a decent challange to the end. If not, we're gonna be also rans chasing an automatic CL place.

The mistakes are in the main down to him, just not in the way you think. He's the manager so he ultimately carries the can for poor performances, and even for individual errors if they lead to poor results. But the idea that Pellegrini's coaching is the reason Mangala inexplicably cleared the ball to an Arsenal player is really quite absurd.

I don't think we'll be chasing an automatic CL place. We'll be chasing the title. It's a fucking crazy season in which anyone can beat anyone, so I'm not overly worried that Arsenal are suddenly going on a long unbeaten run or that we can't overhaul a six point gap on them and Leicester.

Seems our £500 million squad is just relying on one player bought 6 years ago to make us click, crazy to think but game aft game it seems we need vinnie more than anyone.

He continues to play yaya and refuses to change him when he clearly isn't up to this work rate required, whether that's by choice or just due to age I don't know, but pelle is paid to make tough decisions but only seems to make them for certain players (hart and kompany). Last night was crying out of delph and fernandinho in the middle with loads of energy and trying to turnover and break at pace because everyone knows, like city, arsenal over commit. But we played into their hands, too apparent in big games under pelle I'm afraid.

Think we should change his monicker to "This Stubborn Man" he's either can't see it or is in denial that his philosophy is not working. Regardless of Pep coming or not, he will fail to achieve the target set of 5 trophies in 3 years when he signed his contract. Can't wait to get the season over with and wish him and his staff farewell and good luck

The moment you realise that this isn't us attacking and it's actually us trying to defend...

CW0LauJXIAAuKzA.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.