Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we now put to bed the ridiculous notion that we can't continue next season with this man in charge

The Sheikh has made his decision to back him and support him with the funds required to improve the squad

I think as supporters we should do the same.......i can't wait for next season!

I can't wait for next season either.

I am totally pissed off with the continued shambles of a defence.
I thought "Clueless'" defensive tactics were crap but MP has exhausted my patience with him not fixing this problem.

A new day.

Full of hope and optimism.

Until I realise Pellegrini is neither sacked nor dead yet.

Obviously not, I'm mentioning the fact that under Mancini we were absolutely awful to watch at times.
Every team can be 'absolutely awful at times', so you need to look at everything as an average and taking the differences in squads, the managerial support situations at those specific times and the strength of the teams around us, your assertions don't stack up I'm afraid.

For the first time since we were shit prior to the takeover I am going into every game fearing the worst, which considering the money we have spent and the talent we have says it all.

I just want a good defensive display, a bore draw, anything. I bet the defenders in training make Navas look like Figo.

We have a wealth of players. Poor poor management. I would be happier if Pellegrini left today. I'm getting sick of the sight of him.

It isn't just the defenders though is it.
The Premier League at the moment is an oddity in that teams with lower possession are winning. And that's our problem, home and away, we're too easy to play against and every Tom, Dick and Harry of a manager has worked it out, pack the midfield, deprive us of space, get plenty of men behind the ball(which we make easier for them by our slow approach play) then hit fast and hard on the counter. Even Wenger has worked it out, he who is lauded for his possession based football realised that's not how to beat us.
Unfortunately Manuel is stuck in a Barcelonesque thinking and even before the match yesterday when asked how he was going to win the game he said by having more possession!! He hasn't adapted to how the Premier League has adapted and that's not only a big concern for the remainder of this season but also if Pep comes then he will need to adapt as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.