Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the greatest will in the world. We're 6 points off the top of the league in December. We've won leagues from further behind. And even if the disaster strikes and we don't win it. We know what comes next.

But please feel free to carry on the absolute fucking mard fest that this forum has become this season. If it weren't quite so tragic it'd be hilarious.
Mard fest? It's called wanting to win. I honestly don't believe you go to games. If you did you couldn't help but feel frustrated by what is happening on the pitch. Bore off with your 'what happens next' line. Makes you sound like some guy waiting for a girl to dump her boyfriend so you get seconds. Even if pep does arrive it won't change the fact that mp has taken us backwards.

The mistakes are in the main down to him, just not in the way you think. He's the manager so he ultimately carries the can for poor performances, and even for individual errors if they lead to poor results. But the idea that Pellegrini's coaching is the reason Mangala inexplicably cleared the ball to an Arsenal player is really quite absurd.

I don't think we'll be chasing an automatic CL place. We'll be chasing the title. It's a fucking crazy season in which anyone can beat anyone, so I'm not overly worried that Arsenal are suddenly going on a long unbeaten run or that we can't overhaul a six point gap on them and Leicester.
I'm more concerned with the way he allows our players to let the opposition come onto us without applying any kind of pressure. The result is passes being played from deep, unchallenged and resulting in goals. It happened against Swansea for their goal and last night for their first.
I wouldn't blame him for individual errors - I wouldn't even blame him for picking Mangala as that was the best option from what we had available.
Us chasing the title is entirely dependent on having a full squad to choose from.

The moment you realise that this isn't us attacking and it's actually us trying to defend...

CW0LauJXIAAuKzA.jpg

Fucking hell

I'm more concerned with the way he allows our players to let the opposition come onto us without applying any kind of pressure. The result is passes being played from deep, unchallenged and resulting in goals. It happened against Swansea for their goal and last night for their first.
I wouldn't blame him for individual errors - I wouldn't even blame him for picking Mangala as that was the best option from what we had available.
Us chasing the title is entirely dependent on having a full squad to choose from.

I thought we did a really good job last night of trying to pressure Arsenal from the front. The issue for me is the complete dereliction of duty from our midfield in terms of chasing Arsenal's runners. It's not really related to the two goals as I'm not sure what you can do about a worldy from Walcott and then Mangala's error. Think I said last night at the highest level, make a mistake like the one he did, and it can cost you because of the technical quality a side like Arsenal have.

I actually agree with Pellegrini. I thought we bossed them to some degree in the second half. What worries me considerably is the paucity of our attacking play in recent weeks. Obviously the Bony experiment hasn't worked. I'm not convinced we're getting the best out of De Bruyne either by playing him almost exclusively as a right winger. However there isn't a good way to fit him and Silva into the side without curtailing the freedom of one of them.

I'd have chosen a very different team last night. Personally I think Pellegrini should go out this season sticking to his principles in terms of playing his best attacking players in front of Toure and Fernandinho. It's how we started the season so well, it's how we beat Chelsea so comfortably. Delph/Dinho/Toure outside the CL isn't working for me at all.

In a way lady luck has smiled on us this season at least until now with Chelsea and Manure struggling but not surprisingly despite getting off the blocks we have managed to ensure it will be another battle for any success we might obtain in the premier league this season.

The mistakes are in the main down to him, just not in the way you think. He's the manager so he ultimately carries the can for poor performances, and even for individual errors if they lead to poor results. But the idea that Pellegrini's coaching is the reason Mangala inexplicably cleared the ball to an Arsenal player is really quite absurd.

I don't think we'll be chasing an automatic CL place. We'll be chasing the title. It's a fucking crazy season in which anyone can beat anyone, so I'm not overly worried that Arsenal are suddenly going on a long unbeaten run or that we can't overhaul a six point gap on them and Leicester.
I'll wager we finish closer to 4th on points than we do to first.

From the pretty sizeable group of City supporting mates and colleagues of mine, the clamour for wanting Pellegrini binned is much greater than back when Mancini was on the brink, which to me speaks volumes about the general faith in Pellegrini's ability, both tactically and man-management.

From a neutral POV, I actually think the players are more to blame than the manager, and tbh an element of that is also aimed at Mancini's exit.

Too many times have I seen your side stroll through games looking almost uninterested, and whether that's down to a lack of belief in the manager or simply the mental state of certain members of the squad I'm not sure.

Let's be honest here - the squad you have, with the money you've invested, on paper is leagues ahead of United, and certainly better than Arsenal & Chelsea, so there's absolutely no reason why you should be putting in the performances you are, as regularly as you have been of late, unless something else is going on.

With all that being said however, I still don't believe getting rid of Pellegrini now would be of benefit. You've just got to hope that you can get Kompany, Silva & Aguero match fit ASAP, and they can help you climb back up the league.
Mate. Manuel needs to fuck off ASAP. He's not a good manager, he's fucking wank. It pisses me off even listening to him and his excuses.

I thought we did a really good job last night of trying to pressure Arsenal from the front. The issue for me is the complete dereliction of duty from our midfield in terms of chasing Arsenal's runners. It's not really related to the two goals as I'm not sure what you can do about a worldy from Walcott and then Mangala's error. Think I said last night at the highest level, make a mistake like the one he did, and it can cost you because of the technical quality a side like Arsenal have.

I actually agree with Pellegrini. I thought we bossed them to some degree in the second half. What worries me considerably is the paucity of our attacking play in recent weeks. Obviously the Bony experiment hasn't worked. I'm not convinced we're getting the best out of De Bruyne either by playing him almost exclusively as a right winger. However there isn't a good way to fit him and Silva into the side without curtailing the freedom of one of them.

I'd have chosen a very different team last night. Personally I think Pellegrini should go out this season sticking to his principles in terms of playing his best attacking players in front of Toure and Fernandinho. It's how we started the season so well, it's how we beat Chelsea so comfortably. Delph/Dinho/Toure outside the CL isn't working for me at all.
The original pass to Ozil for the first was played without any pressure on the ball whasoever and Yaya had decided to not follow the run into the pocket of space leaving us exposed. The next passage of play was very well done and the finish was exceptional. Overall I'd say both teams had 45 minute spells of domination. Us the first 30 and last 15 and them the minutes in between. Our forwards weren't up to task though and once again that was the real difference come full time.

We collectively don't defend as a team from front to back, until we do you can wave bye bye to the PL and CL.

No pressing-we are relying on timing tackles to win the ball back-Otimendi will get sent off real soon because of it.

Right now I'd take the CC and a piss up at wembley !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.