Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we are to win the league this year we can probably afford no more than 3 more defeats...yes were only 2 pts off top and everyone seems to be having odd results but someone will make a run of 10/12 games without defeat before long and i cant for the life of me see that being us....we are every game carrying 4 players who refuse to track back and fight and scrap when we lose the ball...MP just aint watching the same game as everyone else....how else can you explain the awful gung ho tactics which lead to teams picking us off? Build from the back...give the eds lads a 15/20 min run when games allow rather than just sitting there hoping for the best and being stubborn to a philosphy that doesnt wash any more with the fans! With the talent we have within the squad as mentioned on many other posts on here we are massively under achieving....need to make a decision quick on supposed pep appointment...temp manager till then or full time appointment....either way mp has to go...no passion in the team at the mo and his excuses are wearing very thin!

We have won games by huge score lines this season so not sure why you claim we haven't?

We have also won far more games than we have lost so again, i stick by my post and we have everything still to play for.

I dont disagree that its a shit period of form by our own high standards over all but its not the doom and gloom many want to portray either.

tell me a game we've played really well in other than Sevilla away since we came back from the first international break?

Sure we got big wins v Newcastle and Bournemouth, but the former, if they'd been Spurs or Dippers would have pulled off a 4-1 style win, as they could have been 2/3-0 up easily before we got going, we played really well for 15 minutes in that game. Bournemouth we defended sloppily, and if it weren't for the fact Bournemouth were relying on the likes of Distin and tried to come and play against us, in their naivety leaving huge holes, it would have been a closer game again, as we didn't play that well if we're honest.

None of the truly swashbuckling style we're expecting or been promised, and it definitely hasn't been teamed with defensive solidity. Not had any of the Rags 4-1/6-1, Norwich 7-0, Spurs 6-0, Spurs 5-1 kind of victories which we should be pumping out with regularity at this stage of our development. It shouldn't be the reverse with teams thrashing us 4-1. Sure the occassional loss and dropped points are inevitable, but we should be far more imperious and dominant than we are.

tell me a game we've played really well in other than Sevilla away since we came back from the first international break?

Sure we got big wins v Newcastle and Bournemouth, but the former, if they'd been Spurs or Dippers would have pulled off a 4-1 style win, as they could have been 2/3-0 up easily before we got going, we played really well for 15 minutes in that game. Bournemouth we defended sloppily, and if it weren't for the fact Bournemouth were relying on the likes of Distin and tried to come and play against us, in their naivety leaving huge holes, it would have been a closer game again, as we didn't play that well if we're honest.

None of the truly swashbuckling style we're expecting or been promised, and it definitely hasn't been teamed with defensive solidity. Not had any of the Rags 4-1/6-1, Norwich 7-0, Spurs 6-0, Spurs 5-1 kind of victories which we should be pumping out with regularity at this stage of our development. It shouldn't be the reverse with teams thrashing us 4-1. Sure the occassional loss and dropped points are inevitable, but we should be far more imperious and dominant than we are.

Mate we have won scoring 3 or more goals in no less than 9 games this season so far in all comps.

What more do some folk want?

Yes the defeats have been shit performances and hard to take but fuck me, there isn't a manager on this planet that could satisfy some of the ridiculous demands on here right now.

The fact that this thread has 115 pages is a sad indictment of how fickle our fans have become. It also amuses the Mancini love in when we replaced him with a better manager in Pellegrini.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.