Discussion: Potential Pellegrini Replacements {merged}

• Thread starter Deleted member 58678
  • Start date
Summerbuzz said:
BlueDejong said:
Txiki go for it, must do it.

It would be pretty unethical if Klopp had asked to be released on the understanding he would take a sabbatical, and then walked straight in the manager's chair here.

Somehow, I'd live with it, tho.

My gut feeling is that if health issues are mentioned in any statement he makes, he wont be Citys manager come the beginning of next season. He has been loyal to Dortmund especially when his stock in European football was sky high, I doubt he would leave them in such a underhand way.

Yep seems like Klopp is the only high profile manager that is free in the summer. Maybe Ancelotti too but that is not guaranteed yet.

I am not sure Klopp's style is exactly what Soriano was talking about last week. Klopp's Dortmund got found out in Bundesliga, and he cannot really change. Btw he never played a dominant, possession based football. His Dortmund in their prime was about immense counter attack football with immense pace to turn defending into attacking.

So if we are very serious about the style of play we may cant even go for Klopp.

Also Klopp seems to have lost bit of magic. He fucked up big time with Dortmund this season, gets ripped apart tactically a lot and also cost Dortmund the CL status.
Despite all this imo he still will have big success somewhere else but imo a year break would be good for him instead of jumping into the Premier League instantly.
But what do I know...

CityFan94 said:
Interesting.

You'd imagine Klopp is leaving with a destination in mind.

I could see this happening, he'd definitely be an upgrade on Pellegrini.

Tolmie did say we were chasing a manager who is currently in a job. I was scared it was fat spanish waiter, but Klopp I would be happy with. However, may just be adding 2 and 2 to get 5. He is now favourite on oddschecker to take over though.

Wonder if we have insisted that Klopp makes the first move, before we are prepared to sack MP?

Surely though, there would be some form of compensation due unless he's managed to sort out a mutual consent?

mancity dan said:
Klopp to come and bring Hummels, Gundongan and Reus with him?

Interestingly the first two have been heavily linked with Utd this week. Klopp even said Hummels had an offer from Utd.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.