Discussion: Potential Pellegrini Replacements {merged}

• Thread starter Deleted member 58678
  • Start date
Gladstonian Liberal said:
dasblues said:
He will be taking a year out , it seems to be de rigueur for these zen like manager types.....

Dont be suprised to see him ending up at Arsenal after his sabatical

Possibly but why wouldn't he wait until the season end?

The sudden departure suggests an offer he couldn't refuse.

or compassionate medical grounds

Barry Conlons wig said:
dortmund are 10th in an uncompetitive bundesliga, we are 4th in an extremely competitive premier league!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Theres an difference when ur best players gets buyed out each season! Still he took them to final to CL, and won Trophies.

I think he will take a break

dasblues said:
He will be taking a year out , it seems to be de rigueur for these zen like manager types.....

Maybe, or maybe it's just that Bild breaking the story forces Dortmund's hand.

Leaving at this stage of the season indicates there's a move there.

If Klopp was just leaving to take a year's sabbitical, why not wait another few weeks until the end of the season?

He's coming though I would have preferred us to sack our current manager first if this is the case. Could be another PR fuck up.

If he comes, I can't see it before next season, if he asks to be released for a break he won't walk into another job, tomorrow, but could agree to take over in time for the players coming back in July.

he's the new favourite on the betting market, but not odds on. best priced 3/1 at betfair.

dasblues said:

This is the part that gives me an inkling that City may be involved.

Summerbuzz said:
dasblues said:

Maybe, or maybe it's just that Bild breaking the story forces Dortmund's hand.

He is waiting until the end of the season according to reports

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/apr/15/jurgen-klopp-asks-leave-borussia-dortmund" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... a-dortmund</a>

Jürgen Klopp has asked to leave Borussia Dortmund in the summer and the club have called a press conference at 1.30pm (12.30pm BST) on Wednesday. The 47-year-old has a contract until 2018 but has asked the Dortmund CEO Hans-Joachim Watzke to leave three years early.

It has been a difficult season at Dortmund with the team in the bottom half of the table for long periods of the campaign and they were eliminated – and outplayed - by Juventus in the Last 16 of the Champions League.

More on this topicHead-butts, lost teeth and a dressing room fight: Bundesliga kicks off | Raphael Honigstein

Klopp arrived from Mainz seven years ago and has won the Bundesliga title twice, the German Cup once and reached the Champions League final against Bayern Munich in 2013, a game they lost 2-1.

German newspaper Bild suggest that Thomas Tuchel, who replaced Klopp at Mainz, is the frontrunner to take over in the summer. Tuchel was offered the Hamburg job this week but turned it down.

Dortmund are currently 10th in the Bundesliga and there have been signs of Klopp’s frustration in recent months. After a recent home defeat against Bayern Munich – who have signed several Dortmund players in recent years – the manager was dismayed by Sky Germany’s request to interview him in front of the travelling fans.

“I’ve got to say I think that’s a fantastic idea from Sky to interview me here and give those [Bayern] lads every opportunity to do what they want,” he said. “But I guess this is just something else I’ve got to stomach.”

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.