Discussion: Potential Pellegrini Replacements {merged}

• Thread starter Deleted member 58678
  • Start date
Ray78 said:
fbloke said:
How popular would Jurgen be if the first decision he makes if to sell Kompany?

To be honest we could do with some fresh ideas and he is a key player with serious injury issues.

No-one is above the chop. He'd suit Italy maybe.

[Don't tell Carla I said that]

OrigamiNinja said:
If this isnt 2 + 2 = 5 and City are involved then MP surely cant see out the next 24 hours? Even if Klopp says he is leaving at the end of the season MP is effectively a lame duck and we cant have this with 6 games to go when we need CL qualification.

No alternatives to take over on an interim basis. If they did want to sack him they would of done it a couple of months back.

I won't lie that this is a turn of events that I've been wanting to see for a few years, and Klopp has always been my number one choice. However, if we speak to him and he isn't interested then I wouldn't mind hijacking a move for Tuchel before Dortmund get there.

Oh and the "Klopp isn't holistic/won't work in our structure" thing is total bollocks from people who literally don't understand what they are talking about. Klopp has never worked in a single job without a Director of Football above him and holisitc isn't about lack of passion, it's about respect for people around you working towards a common goal. He'd be perfect for "our system".

People don't seem to understand that we are literally the only country in world football who questions this model and it's mostly by the same "just clear it FFS!" brigade who have held back English football for the past 50 years and allowed us to slip into mediocrity due to their inane need to distrust any foreign ideas or ideas introduced by a foreigner.

Like "the Spanish Imposters"

Summerbuzz said:
Hi Tolm. *waves* You have any of that 3/1 action while it was on?

supercity88 said:
. I don't like Pep, I don't want him here, he wouldn't want to come anyway so personally I think it's always been a pipe dream. Klopp and City go together perfectly.

When I saw him at our game in Barca, something about his manner told me he would either never come, or I'd never connect with him. I hate the idea of copying another club. Hughes tried to copy Chelsea - disaster. To me, despite what he'd done with Inter, Mancini always felt like he was ours, for some reason. Klopp would be the same. He could connect with us - and that disconnection between club and fans has been a theme on these boards for some time.

I agree, and I know this is unpopular on this forum because some of the heavy hitters want Pep.

Watching Pep cheering on Barcelona made me wonder whether he would be the right fit for City. In contrast someone like Klopp has a touch of the working class madman, with his general casual appearance and zealotry on the sideline.

What I think we really need is a manager who shows passion. Not someone who diminishes when the going gets tough. I say this because City fans (and players) need re-energising. For too long we the fans and even the players have been lulled into sleepy land, the land of the lotus eaters. If we have a manager who shows passion, the fans at the games will identify and feed off that energy. Mancini had that quality and that was part of the reason why he connected so well.

This is why it's imperative that the Board get this decision right. It's important because the Board need to understand that the fans want and need a leader they can connect with. We don't have that type of leader at the moment, and I believe that it's absolutely vital for the future of this great club.

Damocles said:
I won't lie that this is a turn of events that I've been wanting to see for a few years, and Klopp has always been my number one choice. However, if we speak to him and he isn't interested then I wouldn't mind hijacking a move for Tuchel before Dortmund get there.

Oh and the "Klopp isn't holistic/won't work in our structure" thing is total bollocks from people who literally don't understand what they are talking about. Klopp has never worked in a single job without a Director of Football above him and holisitc isn't about lack of passion, it's about respect for people around you working towards a common goal. He'd be perfect for "our system".

People don't seem to understand that we are literally the only country in world football who questions this model and it's mostly by the same "just clear it FFS!" brigade who have held back English football for the past 50 years and allowed us to slip into mediocrity due to their inane need to distrust any foreign ideas or ideas introduced by a foreigner.

Haha, yeah, right, anyone who has any single one of those viewpoints must fit that stereotype (that you've obviously been nursing for a while!)

back in your cave, thou pasty white, over-invested nerd!

Just got a text from a red and I thought it was another Derby wind up, but no a Text with the news about Klopp and "Oh Shit we did you a favour"

Lets see if he resigns, and if he does then make it happen City. I'll take back everything I said about you guys. Maybe you really do know what you are doing after all.

I'll shut up now. Clearly I don't have a clue what's going on, but it looks like something is which is good news.

Summerbuzz said:
Damocles said:

Haha, yeah, right, anyone who has any single one of those viewpoints must fit that stereotype (that you've obviously been nursing for a while!)

back in your cave, thou pasty white, over-invested nerd!

People who hold the view that the footballing executive model that almost every single club that every single country in the world successfully uses apart from a couple in England is wrong are complete idiots.

People who believe that a holistic approach means not having a strong manager are complete idiots. They literally don't seem to know what the word holistic means. As in they have never read a dictionary.

I'm sorry that you seem to be offended by implication that you fit under one of these categories. Have you considered that you might be a complete idiot? So much of an idiot that you cannot actually see that you're an idiot? Just a thought.

Would be happy with this.
Got 6/4 on pellegrini next to go and 16/1 on klopp next manager.

Seemed to constantly get shafted at Dortmund with best players getting sold.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.