Discussion: Potential Pellegrini Replacements {merged}

• Thread starter Deleted member 58678
  • Start date
Re: If Not Manuel Pellegrini then who?

Rijkaard is out of the question imo. His last season at Barcelona isn't a million miles away from what happened with Mancini and Pellegrini at City. If we are going down that route then Ancelotti. providing he leaves Real Madrid is top of my list. The only downside is age.

What made me angry yesterday even more than the result was why was Dzeko playing off Aguero and why were we playing long ball after long ball?

robbieh said:
FantasyIreland said:
I'd be looking towards Paddy too.....we're obviously aiming for Pep so why not appoint his possible number 2 in advance,he may even surprise a few and negate the need for the Bayern incumbent.
Given the shambles we currently are,i cant see how he could do any worse?

Wilcox could take the reigns at youth level.

Fantasy. You Blueinsa and Mister Appointment seem to have had Damascene conversions after the weekend. You have been defending Pellegrini up to now. What was it that finally did it for you?

First and foremost my concern is the club,not the individual.....so,as much as I wish Pellegrini was doing better,the fact is....... his one dimensional approach and stubborn tactics are now damaging our standing......he is showing nothing to suggest that he recognises our problems or that he has the answers to address them.
The team looks lost,the players demotivated and frustrated,some even angry.......I believe this is purely down to his unwillingness to change or his lack of awareness......its not a kneejerk reaction......this situation has developed over the past few months,it simply cant go on any longer or else we will be in real danger of losing our champions league place.

Shaelumstash said:
ABP - Anyone But Pellegrini.

I'd sack him tomorrow morning and put Viera in charge. Look how it worked out for Chelsea with Di Matteo, untested at that level, talented squad who lost faith in the manager and downed tools, league is over, going in to the second leg of a Champions League tie with seemingly no hope (I think they were 3-0 down against Napoli) and went on to win the Champions League.

The players have completely lost faith and respect in this manager for quite obvious reasons. All of those players, to a man have the upmost respect for Viera, they will play for him. Could you imagine Viera sitting on his hands and accepting a performance like that? Or the one against Liverpool, or Leicester, or Barca? No chance.

The likes of Kompany and Yaya both said they grew up idolising Viera, our captain and vice captain should be inspiring those around them, instead they look lost, dejected, confused, disinterested. They don't believe in this manager or his busted philosophy. Viera is a man that commands their respect, a man they believe in.

More than that, Viera has shown as a player and in his short time as a manager that he understands the game, in the PL especially, and in Europe. It would be impossible for him to be tactically worse than Pellegrini. It would be impossible for his game management to be worse.

The only thing that Pellegrini brings to the table is his apparent nice guy persona and man management. When that stops working what's left? Nothing. The emperor is clearly sat there bollock naked, probably sitting on his hands looking confused.

I agree. Vieira is risky but no more risky than sticking with Pellegrini.

I think they will wait until Wednesdays final nail in the coffin but they shouldn't. In fact they should have done it last night after that ridiculous fucking post match interview.

He seems to be a very stubborn guy who sticks to what he knows, quite how he persists with his 442 formation is beyond me, the only time we have looked convincing for a run of games was when we had no strikers and were forced to pack the midfield.
I cant help but like the guy but his time is up, it's all well and good being a nice guy but at the moment that isnt what we need. I cant imagine Simione or Klopp just sitting there doing nothing like this clown did yesterday.
he is a lucky guy to have landed this job and got very lucky in his first season.

Watching Southampton here, I'd be tempted to go for Koeman, they are battering Chelsea.

Atletico-Simeone-Ancelotti-Primera-Division_LNCIMA20150207_0094_27.jpg

Has he been called yet?

With that way of thinking laurent blanc would be better

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.