Discussion: Potential Pellegrini Replacements {merged}

• Thread starter Deleted member 58678
  • Start date
Re: If Not Manuel Pellegrini then who?

grim up north said:
Rammy Blue said:
Watching Southampton here, I'd be tempted to go for Koeman, they are battering Chelsea.

Lauren Blanc they battered Chelsea to

I'm not just saying it based on today, you're such a pedant.

They play a very nice brand of football.

Simple... We are losing against mourihno.... Bring mourihno

Rammy Blue said:
grim up north said:
Rammy Blue said:
Watching Southampton here, I'd be tempted to go for Koeman, they are battering Chelsea.

What's wrong with Blanc if we're plucking names out the air, he allegedly in trouble a t PSG

Rammy Blue said:
grim up north said:
Rammy Blue said:

Plue he would probably bring some very useful players with him.

There are 3 ways you can fix a team:

1)Change the players
2)Change the coaching methodology and set up of the team
3)Change the psychology of the team

IMO we need all three to be done and we lack in all three areas. MP is not the man to do this and I sincerely hope he is not here next season let alone getting a contract extension.

Change the players
-Our team composition and depth is lacking when compared to other top teams
-Our core players need real competition in their position
-Some just need moving on

Change the methodology and set up of the team
-MP is great at coaching certain aspects as I've seen before but we lack that bit "Percentage Play" that other teams can produce along side merely dominating the ball
-There needs to be more focus on managing game by game based our opponents weakness, our weakness and what we did well right now we are predictable and not improving
-Our model of play shows no development no real direction as to what we should be aiming at which was I believe one reason we employed MP in the first place

Change our psychology
-Players too comfortable in their position
-We are not a team as much as we are a collection of individuals when compared to how we conducted ourselves last season
-MP is too nice to tell them that the league titles we have had have been by narrow margins so we still have something to prove he needs to ask them and call them out why are one of the best teams in Europe not winning league titles as easy as we could be
-They need calling our on champions league performance they have still proven anything yet so there no reason they can take a view of themselves as team of top players in a European sense. This needs hammering if they don't respond or cant then change the players. As individuals yes we have some very good players but as a team there needs to be pushing here. They need pushing on the of what they have not done yet.
-He needs to make clear to whatever players do stay they are on constant evaluation as to whether they will stay or not at the club on a game by game basis. Other managers in Europe have no problem with this.
-Players need to be forced to take control of their own participation in the team. I learnt from Mourinho that 50-60% of a players chances of being in the team are down to and individual program each player has. They either do it or they don't train with the squad after that performances count its not an either or situation. Each player is tested on this. From my understanding we lack something similar there needs to be a more direct and demanding approach to force our players to take some charge of themselves. If they don't then change the players.

Those are always just my opinions and anyone can agree or disagree. As a coach that's what I'd do but there are probably a lot of deeper problems than those.

Who should take over?

I would sound out Rijkaard who has experience of doing something similar to what I see we need doing. He has been quiet because for some reason he retired from football management. Maybe he has a new motivation after time off it's worth a shout for me.Benitez for me would be another good shout. I've seen him coach seen his management style and I believe he would be a culture shock to what we have now. Another option I'd be happy with is Antonio Conte who another good coach and would for me be something like a shake up. If we want massive experience and Real sack him then I also see no reason why we should ignore Ancelotti.

Nothing wrong with other managers selected but after my experience there would be my selections:

1-Rijkaard
2-Benetiz
3-Conte
4-Acelotti

The criterea imo

a) play good, attacking football
b) have the balls to make big decisions on big players
c) have the balls to give youth players a chance
d) be tactically flexible when need be

the_special_one said:
There are 3 ways you can fix a team:

1)Change the players
2)Change the coaching methodology and set up of the team
3)Change the psychology of the team

IMO we need all three to be done and we lack in all three areas. MP is not the man to do this and I sincerely hope he is not here next season let alone getting a contract extension.

Change the players
-Our team composition and depth is lacking when compared to other top teams
-Our core players need real competition in their position
-Some just need moving on

Change the methodology and set up of the team
-MP is great at coaching certain aspects as I've seen before but we lack that bit "Percentage Play" that other teams can produce along side merely dominating the ball
-There needs to be more focus on managing game by game based our opponents weakness, our weakness and what we did well right now we are predictable and not improving
-Our model of play shows no development no real direction as to what we should be aiming at which was I believe one reason we employed MP in the first place

Change our psychology
-Players too comfortable in their position
-We are not a team as much as we are a collection of individuals when compared to how we conducted ourselves last season
-MP is too nice to tell them that the league titles we have had have been by narrow margins so we still have something to prove he needs to ask them and call them out why are one of the best teams in Europe not winning league titles as easy as we could be
-They need calling our on champions league performance they have still proven anything yet so there no reason they can take a view of themselves as team of top players in a European sense. This needs hammering if they don't respond or cant then change the players. As individuals yes we have some very good players but as a team there needs to be pushing here. They need pushing on the of what they have not done yet.
-He needs to make clear to whatever players do stay they are on constant evaluation as to whether they will stay or not at the club on a game by game basis. Other managers in Europe have no problem with this.
-Players need to be forced to take control of their own participation in the team. I learnt from Mourinho that 50-60% of a players chances of being in the team are down to and individual program each player has. They either do it or they don't train with the squad after that performances count its not an either or situation. Each player is tested on this. From my understanding we lack something similar there needs to be a more direct and demanding approach to force our players to take some charge of themselves. If they don't then change the players.

Those are always just my opinions and anyone can agree or disagree. As a coach that's what I'd do but there are probably a lot of deeper problems than those.

Who should take over?

I would sound out Rijkaard who has experience of doing something similar to what I see we need doing. He has been quiet because for some reason he retired from football management. Maybe he has a new motivation after time off it's worth a shout for me.Benitez for me would be another good shout. I've seen him coach seen his management style and I believe he would be a culture shock to what we have now. Another option I'd be happy with is Antonio Conte who another good coach and would for me be something like a shake up. If we want massive experience and Real sack him then I also see no reason why we should ignore Ancelotti.

Nothing wrong with other managers selected but after my experience there would be my selections:

1-Rijkaard
2-Benetiz
3-Conte
4-Acelotti
Do you still have that coat from Matalan?

Re: Is Txiki building the platform for Pep's arrival?

chicagoblues said:
Nope he is building his own coffin.

This. He was sacked by Barca and he'll be sacked by Mansour.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.