Discussion: Potential Pellegrini Replacements {merged}

• Thread starter Deleted member 58678
  • Start date
Re: Discussion: Potential Pellegrini Replacements

Cannot see Pep coming here in the summer.

Benitez, Klopp or Klinsmann?

Re: If Not Manuel Pellegrini then who?

Dax777 said:
BigOscar said:
The criterea imo

a) play good, attacking football
b) have the balls to make big decisions on big players
c) have the balls to give youth players a chance
d) be tactically flexible when need be
a) Guardiola at Barca and Bayern
b) Guardiola benched or sold the following at their peaks Ibrahimovic, Mueller, Shweinsteiger, Gotze, Eto'o, Ronaldihno etc.
c) Guardiola, promoted youth players a lot at Barca, not as much at Bayern. If you are good enough, you'd play.
d) Guardiola at Barca and Bayern- He adjusts his tactics like no mans business.
So in short, Guardiola is the man.
Yup, he's the obvious first choice, but the question then has to be who else comes close if Guardiola isn't available? Most of the people linked have some large defect or another.

adrianr said:
Short of the most mind blowing summer transfer window the world has ever seen, I have no idea why Pep would want to leave Bayern for us either this summer or the next. We are quite a ways away from being the sort of level Pep would risk his reputation on.

Thing is though he has been at two of the biggest, and most ready, clubs in Barca and Bayern.

Where else offers the same or similar kind of proposition?

He's done Spain and Germany so we are left with England, France and Italy. Can't see Italy being viable, France is only PSG, so the Prem is most likely.

City could well be his next destination, if we can get the timings right.

Ancelotti might be available by the summer so I'd go for him. He's a good character and experienced throughout Europe. Guardiola is the obvious name but, as others say, the time isn't right.

Pep is not coming to us in the near future. He is 2 years into 3 year contract at Bayern that Bayern want to renew for a further 3 seasons. He certainly won't be coming this summer and he is enjoying life in Germany and is open to the renewal. In addition, anyone reading his autobiography will know he is only really interested in playing for teams with an 'istory.

So if Pep is out of the running, who if anyone is coming?

I believe that the decision to discontinue with Pellers was taken after the CSKA games and I am fairly sure there are legs in todays press stories (and City fan rumours) about Pellers wanting to know at Christmas if he had to look for another job.

I believe that there are two candidates to replace Pellers - Diego Simeone and Rafa Benitez. And of the two Simeone is the favourite.

It is fairly common knowledge in Spain that Simeone won't sign a new contract for Athletico and has been taking English lessons all season. He has met Txiki on multiple occasions (2 or 3 occasions in November & December) . The assumption was made at the time that we were looking to bring Koke and possibly Giménez (Uruguayan CH) / Mandžukić (striker) to City. But if that is the case why have multiple meetings with Simione? Jose Luis Caminero is Athleico's DOF and surely he would be the person Txiki would have talked to about player transfers?
I for one would be delighted if Simeone rocks up at City. If the pampered players thought Mancini was bad just wait for this fella. If he says "jump" then you jump or say "how high boss?" - seriously you will hurt if you don't do what he wants as your training regime will be a real woman rather than just difficult. Quite simply he makes the best out of what he has.
Look it all up in Google.

Rafa has come into the equation fairly recently and was only mentioned in the press in connection with City last week - though it was as a result of Pellers agent touting him for the Napoli job. That said I have heard rumours that some on the City board were impressed with the way he picked Chelsea up and took them to a UEFA Cup so he is a possibility.

But all in all I think Simeone is the main man. Not for the football purist but for making the best out of what you already have.

BTW Simeone is still number one in the betting.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.skybet.com/football/manager-specials/event/15982402" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.skybet.com/football/manager- ... t/15982402</a>

I also reckon that Patrick Vieira will be offered the assistants job - but that is something else entirely,

BlueAnorak said:
Pep is not coming to us in the near future. He is 2 years into 3 year contract at Bayern that Bayern want to renew for a further 3 seasons. He certainly won't be coming this summer and he is enjoying life in Germany and is open to the renewal. In addition, anyone reading his autobiography will know he is only really interested in playing for teams with an 'istory.

I believe that the decision to discontinue with Pellers was taken after the CSKA games and I am fairly sure there are legs in todays press stories and City fan rumours that Pellers wanting to know at Christmas if he had to look for another job.

I believe that there are two candidates to replace Pellers - Diego Simeone and Rafa Benitez. And of the two Simeone is the favourite.

It is fairly common knowledge in Spain that Simeone won't sign a new contract for Athletico and has been taking English lessons all season. He has met Txiki on multiple occasions (2 or 3 occasions in November & December) . The assumption was made at the time that we were looking to bring Koke and possibly Giménez (Uruguayan CH) / Mandžukić (striker) to City. But if that case why have multiple meetings with Simione? Jose Luis Caminero is Athleico's DOF and surely he would be the person Txiki would have talked to?
I for one would be delighted if Simeone rocks up at City. If the pampered players thought Mancini was bad just wait for this fella. If he says "jump" then you jump or say "how high boss?" - seriously you will hurt if you don't do what he wants as your training regime will be a real woman rather than just difficult.

Rafa has come into the equation fairly recently and was only mentioned in the press in connection with City last week - though it was as a result of Pellers agent touting him for the Napoli job. That said the City board were impressed with the way he picked Chelsea up and took them to a UEFA Cup so he is a possibility.

But all in all I think Simeone is the main man. Not for the football purist but for making the best out of what you already have.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.skybet.com/football/manager-specials/event/15982402" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.skybet.com/football/manager- ... t/15982402</a>

I also reckon that Patrick Vieira will be offered the assistants job - but that is something else entirely,

Assuming Pep is out of the equation then Klopp would be my first choice, and then Simeone. I'd rather have fucking Rodgers than the Spanish waiter.

BlueAnorak said:

I believe that the decision to discontinue with Pellers was taken after the CSKA games and I am fairly sure there are legs in todays press stories and City fan rumours that Pellers wanting to know at Christmas if he had to look for another job.

It is fairly common knowledge in Spain that Simeone won't sign a new contract for Athletico and has been taking English lessons all season. He has met Txiki on multiple occasions (2 or 3 occasions in November & December) . The assumption was made at the time that we were looking to bring Koke and possibly Giménez (Uruguayan CH) / Mandžukić (striker) to City. But if that case why have multiple meetings with Simione? Jose Luis Caminero is Athleico's DOF and surely he would be the person Txiki would have talked to?
I for one would be delighted if Simeone rocks up at City. If the pampered players thought Mancini was bad just wait for this fella. If he says "jump" then you jump or say "how high boss?" - seriously you will hurt if you don't do what he wants as your training regime will be a real woman rather than just difficult.

Rafa has come into the equation fairly recently and was only mentioned in the press in connection with City last week - though it was as a result of Pellers agent touting him for the Napoli job. That said the City board were impressed with the way he picked Chelsea up and took them to a UEFA Cup so he is a possibility.

[/quote]

I hope it's Klopp if possible. I would like Carlo for his huge successes, but if it's someone who gives chance to youth and likes changing things around it has to be Klopp IMO. Not speaking English well and his anger are a concern for Simeone since he might give more stuff for the media to use against us. Rafa would be decent if none of those available.

Rammy Blue said:
Assuming Pep is out of the equation then Klopp would be my first choice, and then Simeone. I'd rather have fucking Rodgers than the Spanish waiter.
Me too. And Yes I'd like Klopp - but I can't see him leaving Dortmund.

BlueAnorak said:
Rammy Blue said:
Me too. And Yes I'd like Klopp - but I can't see him leaving Dortmund.

For a side in the Premier league with a huge transfer budget and the facilities we have?

I can.

To be honest, I really wouldn't mind giving Vieira a go. We know he will play the right sort of football, we know he will command the respect of the dressing room and we know he'll promote some of the young players (managers always do when they get promoted from the youth team). He might just be the kick up the backside that this team needs. All the possible candidates have flaws and he is no different, but I'd trust him to give it a real go

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.