Discussion: Potential Pellegrini Replacements {merged}

• Thread starter Deleted member 58678
  • Start date
There is an almost fanatical belief amongst many on here that our hierachy are the fount of all wisdom. This near religious doctrine that they are sitting on their golden thrones out thinking all comers is dangerously skewed.
Just try questioning their infallible strategic planning and you will be subjected to self righteous rage at your blasphemy.

Personally I think they may just have fucked up quite a bit this past year.

sam-caddick said:
City Watch ‏@City_Watch 4m4 minutes ago
Reports in Argentina that Sabella has turned down Estudiantes because he's waiting on City's plans. Has until tomorrow to answer São Paulo.
If we pick him over Klopp I'm going to create a #TxikiOut banner and take it to West Ham game on sunday

Damocles said:
Thaksinssoldier said:
Here's a thought-what if Klopp has spoken to someone above the barca lads and they aren't in the loop?

The chances of that are even less than us not speaking to Klopp at all.

The idea that the Director in charge of the entire footballing division and the person in charge of the entire company including all divisions not "being in the loop" is an incredibly ludicrous idea.
It baffles me how some believe that Soriano and Txiki have this plan to destabilise the club and are allowed to run amok with this plan without the Sheik or Khaldoun noticing or having any control over it. Can people know so little about our owner?

McfcMK said:
sam-caddick said:
Reports in Argentina that Sabella has turned down Estudiantes because he's waiting on City's plans. Has until tomorrow to answer São Paulo.
If we pick him over Klopp I'm going to create a #TxikiOut banner and take it to West Ham game on sunday

I wouldn't mind Sabella as I think he is a very good tactical manager and a strong tournament coach, but for me I really hope we go for Klopp.

I will be left infuriated if we keep Pellegrini or appoint someone like Benitez, in fact I think I might just have a season off.

We need to scrap this Pep dream and stop treating him as if he is bigger than the club and some absolute saviour.

-We need a new manager for 1 year AT LEAST
-Klopp is definitely going to be available this summer
-He said the only country he would manage in outside Germany is England
-Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool don't need new managers
-That leaves us as the only club in the only league he wants
-We need a squad rebuild, he took Dortmund from 13th to champions league finalist on a small budget
-We need a manager with champions league pedigree
-We need a manger with passion to install energy and fight into the players
-We want to have a pressing style of play, Klopp will implement it
-No 4-4-2

Please Txiki

sam-caddick said:
Not taking anything away from Sabella but its a down grade if we bring him to city.

Txiki is following the same path as Marwood, scapegoat for everything.

Begiristain offered Klopp the job when he first arrived and was turned down.

He has a decent relationship with the guy, having been a virtual ever-present visitor to the club when scouting Gotze and Reus.

There was absolutely no reason for what Klopp decided to do today, unless he felt it necessary to send a message or cede to a request.

nellyonthewing said:
There is an almost fanatical belief amongst many on here that our hierachy are the fount of all wisdom. This near religious doctrine that they are sitting on their golden thrones out thinking all comers is dangerously skewed.
Just try questioning their infallible strategic planning and you will be subjected to self righteous rage at your blasphemy.

Personally I think they may just have fucked up quite a bit this past year.

That actually applies to managers too... that they are somehow blessed with a knowledge that we 'mere fans' can't comprehend.

Truth is, many are just ex footballers, who moved in the right football circles and ended up managing, with varying levels of success. Only a handful ever exhibit sustained success, or repeat it at multiple clubs.

They do get to see players day in day out, and we don't. They're privy to attitudes, and contractual issues that we aren't, so some of their decisions are based on factors we don't know about, but there's an awful lot of 'emperor's new clothes' with these so called football gurus.

It's no different than the countless CEO's that gain a fantastic reputation at one firm, then nosedive at the next.

chicagoblues said:
sam-caddick said:
Not taking anything away from Sabella but its a down grade if we bring him to city.

He isn't a downgrade on Pellegrini, he is far superior.

I still want Klopp though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.