Discussion: Potential Pellegrini Replacements {merged}

• Thread starter Deleted member 58678
  • Start date
Re: Discussion: Potential Pellegrini Replacements

BigOscar said:
To be honest, I really wouldn't mind giving Vieira a go. We know he will play the right sort of football, we know he will command the respect of the dressing room and we know he'll promote some of the young players (managers always do when they get promoted from the youth team). He might just be the kick up the backside that this team needs. All the possible candidates have flaws and he is no different, but I'd trust him to give it a real go

Wouldn't mind seeing him being given a shot if our situation at this point wasn't so dire in getting top 4.

Klopp for me. I want to see a manager with passion on the touchline and one that openly encourages his players!

we need to do something quick because at this rate we wont even make champions league ,
we need a vibrant manager who kicks every ball and is not afraid to make changes ,why wait to 60 mins before changing!!!!
sack him now and temp put viera in charge then in the summer chase a younger modern day manager who wont take any shit

steph said:
we need to do something quick because at this rate we wont even make champions league ,
we need a vibrant manager who kicks every ball and is not afraid to make changes ,why wait to 60 mins before changing!!!!
sack him now and temp put viera in charge then in the summer chase a younger modern day manager who wont take any shit

That'll be Viera then.... put him in charge... leave him in charge and give the guy a chance, he has the pedigree to make it / us.
It would be a travesty to let him go to prove himself elsewhere and Wenger has not got long left

I'm surprised people want Simeone. He's a truly volatile character and at odds with the #holistic stuff previously mentioned. He's also been found out at Atletico. Valencia are above them in the table.

I'd seriously struggle to get behind him.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=brian+horton&FORM=HDRSC2#view=detail&id=1588D6BAB01E0CBD880D9E8E4E34804103A5C1D8&selectedIndex=7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=bri ... tedIndex=7</a>

Time for the return of the messiah ......

richards30 said:
Klopp for me. I want to see a manager with passion on the touchline and one that openly encourages his players!

I like Klopp but your criteria could be used to describe Stuart Pearce!

Putting PV in charge until the summer would be ok.
Giving him the full time job would be a mistake IMO. He's completely unproven, and whilst the idea of him turning into our own Guardiola is wonderful, the chances of it happening are slim.

If City don't do particularly well under him, we'd be forced to change manager yet again, and in all likelihood he'd leave the club too. I just don't think it's worth to the risk, nor does he deserve that sort of thing to happen to him.

It's quite upsetting all in all, that 1 year on from Mancini's league title, we make a shambles of a cup final, fail to capitalise on our league dominance, and have to bring in a new man.
The get back to winning ways with a double, then fail to capitalise again, and once again, we put in a shoddy season.

All in all, we've come a long way from 6 years ago, but we still have such a long way to go get us into a seriously credible European force. I fear for next season that we could end up roughly where we were 5 years ago (on the pitch). We must not let that happen. We really mustn't because it won't be so easy to dominate again now other teams have caught up.

Think its obvious the top guys want Pep but i'd rather have Klopp, think he'd be the perfect fit for us and would trust him with the money we've got available

For me I'd take Klopp over Pep at this moment,

our squad:

a) needs a rebuild and Pep is yet to prove that he is capable of rebuilding, whereas Klopp has spent 7 years at Dortmund so has had to rebuild.

B) is more suited to Klopp's style of play , a fast counter attacking style can be used, Navas can be used to more effect with him than Pep and another fast winger (like Reus) will really make that effective, with Pep's style of play we need a whole team that can keep the ball, at the moment we only got, Yaya, Silva and Nasri, Aguero and possibly Fernandinho who can keep the ball like Bayern do, it would take a lot of transfers to make us utilise Pep fully.

And C) I think it would be better to have a manager like Klopp to improve us and maybe get us to the QF or semis of the champs league every year,and give us a mentality that we deserve to be in that competition, once we do that we can get Pep and he can take us to the level of reaching finals, it's too much of a task to take us (who struggle to get out of our group) to winning the thing, we need a manager like Klopp (who has reached a final) to take us to the semis before we can then make the most of Pep, we need to do this in stages, we can't expect instant success.

Also I think Klopp would give the kick up the backside that the players need, I would say he's in the middle of Pellegrini and Mancini in terms of man management, he isn't to harsh on his players so much that they start sulking but won't let happen what's happening now, he also said that he wants to come to the premier league and looking at our rivals, they don't seem to be looking for a new manager so we might not have much competition.

Would be nice to see a bit of passion as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.