Discussion: Potential Pellegrini Replacements {merged}

• Thread starter Deleted member 58678
  • Start date
Re: Discussion: Potential Pellegrini Replacements

blueinsa said:
Mister Appointment said:
hgblue said:
Nobody is disputing that. The discussion is centred around why this is happening. They are all lazy? They can't be arsed? The club cat has just died? Kompany has given them all the flu? They've all mysteriously lost form at the same time? In other words, nothing to do with the manager? Really?

So we're clear - Pellegrini is ABSOLUTELY responsible for both our performance against Burnley and our overall level of performance over the season. That doesn't mean the players are absolved of all responsibility. Just that the ultimate can is carried always by the manager. Although as I said to you earlier I expect big changes on the first team squad in the summer for various reasons including the inconsistency and unreliability of one or two of them.

I'm cringing at the backing the wrong horse comments.

Now that's what you call an edit pmsl.

I preferred the original version.

Haha yeah. Don't want to feed the troll. He's just the monkey. The organ grinders will be watching and wishing they weren't all perma banned! ;)

Mister Appointment said:
blueinsa said:
Mister Appointment said:
So we're clear - Pellegrini is ABSOLUTELY responsible for both our performance against Burnley and our overall level of performance over the season. That doesn't mean the players are absolved of all responsibility. Just that the ultimate can is carried always by the manager. Although as I said to you earlier I expect big changes on the first team squad in the summer for various reasons including the inconsistency and unreliability of one or two of them.

I'm cringing at the backing the wrong horse comments.

Now that's what you call an edit pmsl.

I preferred the original version.

Haha yeah. Don't want to feed the troll. He's just the monkey. The organ grinders will be watching and wishing they weren't all perma banned! ;)

Indeed.

I've seen it written in quite a few threads these last couple of weeks, 'don't throw the baby out with the bath water'

What if the actual bath needed replacing?

And who the hell takes baths? Dirty pastime, anyhow, lying there in cold water, dead skin cells.

This club has needed a state-of-the-art glitzy wet room since FFP came to the fore.

The baby grew up after our first title win.

Whatever the fate of Pellegrini, it needs to be decisive and with real purpose towards the next couple of years.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
I've seen it written in quite a few threads these last couple of weeks, 'don't throw the baby out with the bath water'

And who the hell takes baths? Dirty pastime, anyhow, lying there in cold water, dead skin cells.

This club has needed a state-of-the-art glitzy wet room since FFP came to the fore.

Whatever the fate of Pellegrini, it needs to be decisive and with real purpose towards the next couple of years.

What on earth are you going on about?

tolmie's hairdoo said:

Screen-Shot-2014-11-05-at-22.46.19.png

Did he fuck :)

it's been an interesting discussion, certainly there are multiple factors causing our current struggle.

Some people are stating that we need to change the players, and keep the manager. However, with such a squad overhaul seeming the most popular course of action at this juncture, we do have to consider Pellegrini in all of this. Simply put, when Txiki goes out and buys him a load of shiny new players, is Pellegrini going to follow through on the greater plan put forward that involves those signings, or is he going to do what he's done this season, and put square pegs in round holes to suit his own narrow minded view on how we line up? I can't begin to believe that Txiki bought the likes of Fernando for the purpose Pelle has used him for, so is this going to be repeated next season?

Furthermore, if we keep Pelle, are we then going to have to buy players that suit his style, or is Txiki going to follow the long term plan and the plan leading to his successor, whoever that may be? If the latter, then we have the above problem, if the former then we're tying our hands in the hope that Pelle finds a spark and delivers again. At the moment he's completely lost his way and the players as yet haven't put the shift in to suggest they fully back him, and it's nigh-on impossible for a manager to get that back. His lack of desire to change from his ways, evidenced by the way the Rags bought on a lad 3-0 up yesterday that you never see Pelle do, to give them experience, just highlights how there are too many things stacking up against him.

Ultimately though, what's the point in spending vast sums on players if the manager isn't going to use them properly, and in the right way? Txiki will buy well or poorly irrespective of Pellegrini, but if he buys well he deserves for his signings to be used in the most effective way by the manager, and therefore, I can't see why you keep Pellegrini unless he becomes the front for Txiki, which is really unlikely to happen.

aguero93:20 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Screen-Shot-2014-11-05-at-22.46.19.png

Did he fuck :)

Forgot about that one!

blueinsa said:
chris85mcfc said:
hgblue said:
Nobody is disputing that. The discussion is centred around why this is happening. They are all lazy? They can't be arsed? The club cat has just died? Kompany has given them all the flu? They've all mysteriously lost form at the same time? In other words, nothing to do with the manager? Really?

Its the final clutch of straws fella, they've backed the wrong horse.

Boring. Serious discussions going on, feel free to contribute.

Only discussions I can see going on are ones that I was having with people a few months back

Old news now mate, guess we've just got to see what the fallout will be at the end of the season

Has to be Klopp, he's a better version of Simeone

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.