Discussion: Potential Pellegrini Replacements {merged}

• Thread starter Deleted member 58678
  • Start date
Re: Discussion: Potential Pellegrini Replacements

hilts said:
Are you saying people don't try and understand why a manager makes a decision?

Nope.

If after this process it still baffles you it must mean that we are stupid?

Nope.

By this argument why did you even mention Paddy and his tactics by your own stupid logic you have failed

I'm not having that argument.

If certain pundits and the majority of city fans cannot understand MP not packing midfield against teams like barcelona then is that our failings?

Yes. Because the alternative is that there is no reason at all why he did so and that is ludicrous.

So in your world we play bad, we get beat, it happens over and over again

Nope.

, managers, pundits,coaches and fans all think it is a tactical problem then all these people have failed to understand

Nope.

give it a rest fella you posted shite and you know it

As I said, you cannot seemingly grasp this very very simple point I am making. Read the bit above again.

shevtheblue said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
shevtheblue said:
For me it has to be Klopp. Yes Dortmund have struggled this season, but what he's done with that club in his time there while constantly losing his best players every season is remarkable. Not only that, he's done it playing exciting attacking football while relying on youngsters and even reinventing some players (Lewandowski was a midfielder, I believe). His English is really good and for me he's the right blend between calm and fucking bonkers just like us blues (at times). What we need is someone who has the balls to give someone a go, and what he needs is a team that he can build without the fear of losing players to a 'bigger' club the following season. Sounds obvious to me.

no, Lewandowski was already a prolific striker in his Poznan days.
Fair enough, tip my hat to your greater knowledge there. Can't remember where I saw that, I think it was Eurosport. Regardless, I like Klopp.
You're talking about their RB Pisczek who used to be a striker in his Hertha Berlin days; Klopp converted him to a full back.

This is what I am going to say about this issue.

Accurate diagnosis of our problems, which include looking at the culture, attitude and mentality of the players, the competence of staff at key positions other than manager such as director of football, scouts and other executive positions and also the involvement and support of the fans need to be addressed particularly during games.

But the key is the players and their mentality and attitude with regards to how they view the club and thus how they apply themselves and approach every task. This is very important .If this issue is not at least addressed then I am afraid we will be going round in circles.

So there is no need joggling about with big European managerial names like Ancelini, Pavarotti, Garca guelermo Guaredila Reyes, Muller Koeman, Chinchilini, Wuge Buge- fans and the media seem to think that names bring real sustained transformation and success and that is not the case. OK the enthusiasm and novelty of a new manager might bring some good results for a year or maybe two. Then what happens after that?, the players get bored or find an issue with the manager, all the issues creep up again leading to players throwing manager under the bus, players not caring or not willing to put up a fight or thinking about playing their way out of the club and this leads to bad results on the pitch and then we repeat the same circle of calling big names as potential managerial replacements- Totacilli, Winkraad, Trandelenburg, Klopp- Silva the second , Ariva Mona Lisa Happiness, Martinez- Sanchez, Viera Obama Castro, Poopoolini etc and then we refer to the so and so record of the manager and how they will turn things around and guess what, the same circle repeats itself.

It happened with Mancini, It happened with Pellegrini and my assessment allows me to confidently conclude that it will happen again unless the inherent aforementioned problems especially the mentality of the players and their spirit and regard for the objectives of the club is addressed among other things such as adeptness in player transfers and competence of staff e.g medical staff.

You can say a manager will change the mentality and culture,but I say players, perhaps a new set of players might remedy that somewhat but that is going to take time.

Don't get me wrong, the managerial position is integral , absolutely, but my point is that it is not the only factor that really needs addressing in-order to divert from the path of unfulfilled potentials and erratic outcomes. Although two premier leagues in three years is not bad at all but we have to be looking to go further and ensure that we do what we can to really maximize our potential and mere managerial changes will not bring that achievement

Yes Pellegrini has not done well this season but he is not the only culpable factor. There are also other aspects not least (as I have said, a million times) player mentality that have played a major role to our shortcomings this season. If we do replace the manager, I call for something different, not just going for big names and thinking that will be the solution to our problems. I call for the executives to do something different akin to what Dean did in the 1990s by bringing an awkward unknown french man from Japan. That is just an example, I am not saying that we have to hire an awkward Frenchman from Japan, I am just saying that we really need to assess our situation as a whole, understand the state of the club and think out of the box. The worry is that the people running the club are not even going to think that far. They will probably go for the text book approach of going for a big name manager. Perhaps there is one out there that can really solve our problems but the case I am making is that we should really consider all the options and start making wise decisions.

It is high time we start thinking outside the box, we should not adhere to the belief that calling and linking big European managerial names to our club is going to be the key to success. It is more profound than that. So you can call all the big names as Pellegrini replacements but I reckon the bulk of the problem lie somewhere else.

This is my view on this issue of managerial changes.

Blueband Brother said:
This is what I am going to say about this issue.

Accurate diagnosis of our problems, which include looking at the culture, attitude and mentality of the players, the competence of staff at key positions other than manager such as director of football, scouts and other executive positions and also the involvement and support of the fans need to be addressed particularly during games.

But the key is the players and their mentality and attitude with regards to how they view the club and thus how they apply themselves and approach every task. This is very important .If this issue is not at least addressed then I am afraid we will be going round in circles.

So there is no need joggling about with big European managerial names like Ancelini, Pavarotti, Garca guelermo Guaredila Reyes, Muller Koeman, Chinchilini, Wuge Buge- fans and the media seem to think that names bring real sustained transformation and success and that is not the case. OK the enthusiasm and novelty of a new manager might bring some good results for a year or maybe two. Then what happens after that?, the players get bored or find an issue with the manager, all the issues creep up again leading to players throwing manager under the bus, players not caring or not willing to put up a fight or thinking about playing their way out of the club and this leads to bad results on the pitch and then we repeat the same circle of calling big names as potential managerial replacements- Totacilli, Winkraad, Trandelenburg, Klopp- Silva the second , Ariva Mona Lisa Happiness, Martinez- Sanchez, Viera Obama Castro, Poopoolini etc and then we refer to the so and so record of the manager and how they will turn things around and guess what, the same circle repeats itself.

It happened with Mancini, It happened with Pellegrini and my assessment allows me to confidently conclude that it will happen again unless the inherent aforementioned problems especially the mentality of the players and their spirit and regard for the objectives of the club is addressed among other things such as adeptness in player transfers and competence of staff e.g medical staff.

You can say a manager will change the mentality and culture,but I say players, perhaps a new set of players might remedy that somewhat but that is going to take time.

Don't get me wrong, the managerial position is integral , absolutely, but my point is that it is not the only factor that really needs addressing in-order to divert from the path of unfulfilled potentials and erratic outcomes. Although two premier leagues in three years is not bad at all but we have to be looking to go further and ensure that we do what we can to really maximize our potential and mere managerial changes will not bring that achievement

Yes Pellegrini has not done well this season but he is not the only culpable factor. There are also other aspects not least (as I have said, a million times) player mentality that have played a major role to our shortcomings this season. If we do replace the manager, I call for something different, not just going for big names and thinking that will be the solution to our problems. I call for the executives to do something different akin to what Dean did in the 1990s by bringing an awkward unknown french man from Japan. That is just an example, I am not saying that we have to hire an awkward Frenchman from Japan, I am just saying that we really need to assess our situation as a whole, understand the state of the club and think out of the box. The worry is that the people running the club are not even going to think that far. They will probably go for the text book approach of going for a big name manager. Perhaps there is one out there that can really solve our problems but the case I am making is that we should really consider all the options and start making wise decisions.

It is high time we start thinking outside the box, we should not adhere to the belief that calling and linking big European managerial names to our club is going to be the key to success. It is more profound than that. So you can call all the big names as Pellegrini replacements but I reckon the bulk of the problem lie somewhere else.

This is my view on this issue of managerial changes.
Theres only one thing for it. Right the wrong that was done all those years ago. Get Brian Horton back in.

Damocles said:
hilts said:
Are you saying people don't try and understand why a manager makes a decision?

Nope.

If after this process it still baffles you it must mean that we are stupid?

Nope.

By this argument why did you even mention Paddy and his tactics by your own stupid logic you have failed

I'm not having that argument.

If certain pundits and the majority of city fans cannot understand MP not packing midfield against teams like barcelona then is that our failings?

Yes. Because the alternative is that there is no reason at all why he did so and that is ludicrous.

So in your world we play bad, we get beat, it happens over and over again

Nope.

, managers, pundits,coaches and fans all think it is a tactical problem then all these people have failed to understand

Nope.

give it a rest fella you posted shite and you know it

As I said, you cannot seemingly grasp this very very simple point I am making. Read the bit above again.

We could do this all night, lets accept you will always think you are right and i know that i am

That or you are desperate not look foolish

Rafael Benitez
Patrick Vieira
Diego Simeone
Jurgen Klopp
Carlo Ancelotti
Pep Guardiola
Brendan Rodgers
Ronald Koeman
Frank de Boer
Unai Emery
Rudi Garcia
Marcelo Bielsa

Most likely? least likely? who would you pick if you could?

kun said:
Rafael Benitez
Patrick Vieira
Diego Simeone
Jurgen Klopp
Carlo Ancelotti
Pep Guardiola
Brendan Rodgers
Ronald Koeman
Frank de Boer
Unai Emery
Rudi Garcia
Marcelo Bielsa

Most likely? least likely? who would you pick if you could?
Brian Horton

kun said:
Most likely? least likely? who would you pick if you could

Ok said it before will say it again. In this order

Carlo Ancelotti - yes. He's a stable and very successful manager used to working with big name squads. Downside is I think we'll see a repeat of Pellegrini situation and players getting 'bored' of him if he's not hard enough on some of the players. Good thing is having him for a couple of years and helping us get European success can bring in some talented players.

Jurgen Klopp - yes. Likes playing "attractive football", changes his tactics around and may involve the youth players. Has some bad luck recently at BVB so getting him to move now might be easier.

Patrick Vieira - yes, temporarily but would he go back to current if he didn't work out?

Diego Simeone - maybe. Tough on players but they end up loving him apparently. His english and anger issues are a bit concerning.

Rafael Benitez - Yes if none of the other big names available.

No:
Ronald Koeman
Frank de Boer
Unai Emery
Rudi Garcia
Marcelo Bielsa

Brendan Rodgers (Bodgers) - FUCK no!! ok maybe I was a bit brash... Fucking no fucking way for fucks sake unless we want to be a fucking circus.

Guardiola would be the dream target.

Ancelotti would be a good target for the short term if we really wanted to just primarily focus on winning the Champions League with the current squad, long term I am not convinced Txiki and co would see him as a perfect fit.

Klopp won't be a City manager whilst Txiki and Ferran are running the club, hisd philosophy doesn't match theirs and I think he would be more suited to an Arsenal where could thrive off being an underdog like he was at Dortmund a few years ago.

Benitez is a no go for me, he was world class 10 years ago but not anymore, plus he isn't doing that well with Napoli despite spending 100m+ on the squad and like Klopp I don't think he fits Txiki's model.

I would not be surprised one bit to see Txiki appoint a coach who nobody is thinking of, someone like Unai Emery, Nuno Espírito Santo, De Boer, Tuchel, Vieira etc..

I wouldn't rule out Pellegrini having one more season so we can wait for Pep though, as mad as it sounds I think the whole plan all along was to wait for Pep and I can't see Txiki going against it.

hilts said:
We could do this all night, lets accept you will always think you are right and i know that i am

That or you are desperate not look foolish

don't normally go in for this sort of stuff, but fuck me you and Rob'Eh have been pwned by Damo so many times in the last few pages yet you still keep coming back for more. Back away with what remains of your dignity mate. There's times where simply being loud won't cut it, and arguing with Damo is one of those times.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.