Discussion: Potential Pellegrini Replacements {merged}

• Thread starter Deleted member 58678
  • Start date
Re: Discussion: Potential Pellegrini Replacements

blueinsa said:
chris85mcfc said:
bondsman said:
Haha you accuse people of sarcasm, lack of intelligence and yet you and others on here naively ignore what's happening on the pitch. Can only mean you don't actually watch the games or don't understand football. If you Damocles Ray marvin and the rest who ignore the facts of what is happenning where it really matters on the pitch, and claim that is not the managers responsibility then you need help.

They backed the wrong horse mate, and unlike some other posters, they simply aren't big enough to admit that they called it wrong

All this after ridiculing those posters that have seen it coming all season

It's sheer arrogance, and its laughable :)

Oh Chris, you're doing it again.

We didn't back any horse, we enjoy backing the manager of Manchester City, especially when he won a league and cup double and got us further in the CL than anyone else has ever done.

Seriously mate, it does you no favours coming out with such shite!

Not aimed at you mate, just those that can't bring themselves to admit what is going on right in front of their eyes.

I've seen it happen before, some posters are that arrogant and are so adamant that their opinion is correct that they simply can't hold their hands up when they've called it wrong.

chris85mcfc said:
blueinsa said:
chris85mcfc said:
They backed the wrong horse mate, and unlike some other posters, they simply aren't big enough to admit that they called it wrong

All this after ridiculing those posters that have seen it coming all season

It's sheer arrogance, and its laughable :)

We didn't back any horse, we enjoy backing the manager of Manchester City, especially when he won a league and cup double and got us further in the CL than anyone else has ever done.

Not aimed at you mate, just those that can't bring themselves to admit what is going on right in front of their eyes.

I've seen it happen before, some posters are that arrogant and are so adamant that their opinion is correct that they simply can't hold their hands up when they've called it wrong.

The season is NOT over yet. No one is right and no one is wrong.

robbieh said:
Mister Appointment said:
hilts said:
We could do this all night, lets accept you will always think you are right and i know that i am

That or you are desperate not look foolish

don't normally go in for this sort of stuff, but fuck me you and Rob'Eh have been pwned by Damo so many times in the last few pages yet you still keep coming back for more. Back away with what remains of your dignity mate. There's times where simply being loud won't cut it, and arguing with Damo is one of those times.

Let's get this right. A few posters reckon Pellegrini's not doing such a great job. Damocles comes on here and says we are not qualified to comment. He then offers his opinion that PV might not be the answer thus begging the question has Damocles the right to comment on Vieira.

Damocles then twists himself into a linguistic black hole trying to show that somehow he'd been misquoted. Bollocks. It's a forum. Some rate the manager like yourself, others don't. We can all have our say without the pseudo intellectual nonsense Damocles was spouting.

Jesus Christ, Ive now explained that 6 separate times and you are still struggling with it and still have completely misunderstand what I actually wrote.

This is starting to become uncomfortably awkward

blueinsa said:
chris85mcfc said:
blueinsa said:

I think some people have convinced themselves Pellegrini is definitely gone this summer. I reckon even though it doesn't look good for him, it's premature to talk as if he's definitely gone. Counting your chickens isn't a smart move when your trying to second guess someone like Txiki.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/564498/Ronald-Koeman-Manchester-City-Southampton-Manuel-Pellegrini-job" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football ... egrini-job</a>

Koeman........

He told Spanish radio station Cadena COPE: "The entire world knows what I have with Barcelona and what Barcelona have with Ronald Koeman, so if I could become Barcelona coach one day, I would be delighted.

When asked about City, he added: "I am friends with Txiki, there is contact with him and he has my telephone number."

Sergi0 Na5r1 said:
Jurgen Klopp - yes. Likes playing "attractive football", changes his tactics around and may involve the youth players. Has some bad luck recently at BVB so getting him to move now might be easier.

Let me just put this quote here from a Dotmund forum which sums up his style. .

Gegenpressing is his only dimension, that's the whole point; he knows one style, and when that style declined in effectiveness, he hasn't shown an ability to adapt. This year was a perfect demonstration of that IMO; if you can't defeat the defence quickly, then you play a risky pass and then either make a connection or drive upfield to attack the ball to keep pushing the tempo up, that's what Klopp did. And when the players are demoralized and unmotivated, that risky pass becomes a lazy boot the ball up and hope it takes a lucky bounce. Its demonstrative of the inherent impatience within his system, and against properly organized defences, it becomes rarer and rarer to be able to defeat the defence quickly.

The same habits to boot the ball up when you can't beat the defence quickly by playing it on the ground were on show last season as well, only last season we had Lewandowski bringing the ball down on a lot of those aerial balls, sometimes singlehandedly holding the ball up against one or two defenders, and then passing it off to an on rushing player, masking the flaws to a great degree. Now this season we've also, to Klopp's credit, sometimes seen the slowing of the tempo and an attempt at a more patient approach, suggesting that Klopp sees the problem, but this is often impotent, just passing without purpose. My theory is that Klopp doesn't really know how to draw up or teach effective possession football that doesn't neccessarily look to the quickest route to goal, but the best one.

So Klopp is stuck in a dilemma; his instincts that propose a style of constant pushing of up-tempo gegenpressing, find the quickest route, wherein his players struggle to play the ball on the ground and end up too often playing aerial ping-pong, a bad habit carrying over from Lewandowski, when the system started to break downs last season, but he's also looking for an alternative he seemingly can't implement in the form of a slower more methodical system. Therefore, on the contrary, this season is the ultimate indictment of Klopp's one-dimensional outlook, and I don't understand how its anything but.

Mister Appointment said:
blueinsa said:
chris85mcfc said:

I think some people have convinced themselves Pellegrini is definitely gone this summer. I reckon even though it doesn't look good for him, it's premature to talk as if he's definitely gone. Counting your chickens isn't a smart move when your trying to second guess someone like Txiki.

He will stay for the reason that the man they really want as manager isn't available at this moment in time, all I give a shit about is for whom will be signing players for in the summer,is it Pellegrini or the man who will succeed him.

I fully expect him to get a contract extension tbh

flb said:
Mister Appointment said:
blueinsa said:

He will stay for the reason that the man they really want as manager isn't available at this moment in time, all I give a shit about is for whom will be signing players for in the summer,is it Pellegrini or the man who will succeed him.

I don't think it's quite that cut and dried. The club will plan alternatives to Pep IMO whether it be this summer or next.

Mister Appointment said:
flb said:
Mister Appointment said:

I don't think it's quite that cut and dried. The club will plan alternatives to Pep IMO whether it be this summer or next.

I just see the interview as has been endorsed by Txiki, wasn't it done at the training ground?

Mister Appointment said:
flb said:
Mister Appointment said:

So who will we be spending the money for? Manuel knows his players and will know who will be peddled, surely a new manager will assess his squad then make decisions on changes-hardly leaves a lot of time to recruit new players?

Or are we buying blind for someone to come in 2016-17 season?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.