Discussion: Potential Pellegrini Replacements {merged}

• Thread starter Deleted member 58678
  • Start date
Re: Discussion: Potential Pellegrini Replacements

CityFan94 said:
Heavily rumoured that Ancelotti will leave Real Madrid at the end of the season.

He'd make a great improvement IMO.

Any of Simeone or Klopp would be brilliant.

Fixed that for you.

Damocles said:
Anthony_18 said:
@richaskam: Info from v well connected source in Italy suggests Carlo Ancelotti is making preparations for possible approach from City #mcfc

How do you "make preparations" for "a possible approach"?

Like checking his fax machine has paper in it and that?

LOL!

NQCitizen said:
...and people might decide we don't need their mate Pep (who at this rate we'll have spent longer waiting for than he'll even manage us if he even did).

Not sure whether to laugh or cry...may settle for both

NQCitizen said:
Mister Appointment said:
Seems Pellegrini will almost certainly be manager again next season and is going to get serious backing from the board with regards transfers in the summer. You can't really fault Khaldoun, Soriano, and Txiki, if that's the decision they've made. It's the right call under the circumstances and with the lack of obvious suitable replacements.

I still don't think Guardiola will come to City in the summer of 2016 but it at least gives the club and the board a year to decide on who they want to succeed the gaffer.
We'd better keep Pellegrini because T&F are too worried Ancelotti might come in and win some things playing effective football and people might decide we don't need their mate Pep (who at this rate we'll have spent longer waiting for than he'll even manage us if he even did).

Well Pellegrini has won some things playing effective football. In fact your post seems another one which should be filed under "hate those bastards they sacked my hero".

BobKowalski said:
pudge said:
sam-caddick said:
CAfneMFWoAAbwsu.jpg:large
What a ringing endorsement that is.

The board either strongly back Pellers or they sack him. Leaving him twisting in the wind for his final year while they hang around for Pep is just another year wasted.

The inference that F&T prefer Pellers to remain whilst Abu Dhabi would prefer Ancelotti is reminiscent of Hughes in the summer of '09 with Cook arguing Hughes be left in place and ADUG wanting him gone. Khaldoon admitted later that not sacking Hughes in the summer was a mistake and one I assume they would be wary of repeating. In any event if the manager has lost the backing of the owners then its only going to end one way. That said if F&T want to make a case for Pellers I would suggest that all three thrash out why its gone wrong this season and take steps to sort it and quick. A strong and positive end to the season means we all win.

The other factor is if you are employing F&T to run the show then you let them run it. If you don't trust their judgement then why are you employing them in the first place?

I think T might be more bothered about making the case for T

Mister Appointment said:
Seems Pellegrini will almost certainly be manager again next season and is going to get serious backing from the board with regards transfers in the summer. You can't really fault Khaldoun, Soriano, and Txiki, if that's the decision they've made. It's the right call under the circumstances and with the lack of obvious suitable replacements.

I still don't think Guardiola will come to City in the summer of 2016 but it at least gives the club and the board a year to decide on who they want to succeed the gaffer.

I have serious doubts about whether Pep will ever come to City; much as I would love him to and would be happy to wait one (more) season for him. I must say that if Txiki is waiting for him and does not have as cast iron guarantee, as you can unofficially have, from his buddy that he will pitch up at City, he needs to be fired.

OB1 said:
Mister Appointment said:

I have serious doubts about whether Pep will ever come to City; much as I would love him to and would be happy to wait one (more) season for him. I must say that if Txiki is waiting for him and does not have as cast iron guarantee, as you can unofficially have, from his buddy that he will pitch up at City, he needs to be fired.

My own take is its not about waiting for Pep. It's about feeling very honestly Pellegrini deserves another season with a squad which he has more input into the make up of. Especially key first teamers.

Pep can fuck off the way he cheered practically everything Barcelona did the other night

OB1 said:
Mister Appointment said:

I too have reservations that Pep will show up here and even if he has given 'guarantees' for 2016 these guarantees are subject to what ever else he may be offered in 2016 which may ultimately trump ours. I do not favour waiting around like some love sick teen and another year like this one may not see Txiki lasting until 2016 to welcome home the prodigal son.

chris85mcfc said:
Pep can fuck off the way he cheered practically everything Barcelona did the other night

Koeman or De Boer it is then, or perhaps Rijkaard fancies coming out of retirement-or perhaps Cruyff?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.