Discussion: Potential Pellegrini Replacements {merged}

• Thread starter Deleted member 58678
  • Start date
Re: Discussion: Potential Pellegrini Replacements

chris85mcfc said:
Pep can fuck off the way he cheered practically everything Barcelona did the other night

Yeah. Smug face and punching did spring to mind.

BobKowalski said:
chris85mcfc said:
Pep can fuck off the way he cheered practically everything Barcelona did the other night

He may have been there under the guise of supporting Barca but really meeting Soriano and Txiki thrashing out his deal for next season with the list of players for them to buy him.

Have a feeling if Guardiola would leave Bayern in 2016 summer and joined PSG for 3 season Txiki would make us wait another 3 years.

I can accept this whole waiting for someone saga if its 100% sure he would come but can see easily that when his contract expires he will be getting other options maybe back to Barca, maybe United, maybe Arsenal, maybe PSG. Maybe an extension is on the cards as well for him at Bayern. We are just of his options and not the only one.

We should make sure we have other options as well and he isnt the only one.

And right now let Pelle+Txiki sign 4-5-6 new players while Pelle certainly will only work with them for one season and no more, I dont really like that. They need to be very clever signings to fit Pelle's 442 mania, but also any next coach playing system as well thats coming in 12 months.
Maybe Txiki will choose the next one accordingly, which is something that I believe given all the holistic, attacking style etc...
But still all this transition works perfectly in theory and not in practice.

If we wanted to build a high pressing team, why we got players like Jovetic, Fernando, and why was our main target Mangala last summer? When it wasnt even sure he will displace an old Demichelis?

I hope we really will have the money we need in the summer to rebuild the squad. But even if we have I cant trust Txiki 100% that he spends it well. I mean he could spend it another Jovetic, another Fernando etc. Players that hardly ever start games for us 4 times in a row. Either because they dont match our style, or not good enough or played in bad position whatever.

chris85mcfc said:
Yeah, what a twat, enjoying seeing the side he's supported and been employed by for most of his life, including his finest student, do well. Sickening.

BigOscar said:
chris85mcfc said:
Yeah, what a twat, enjoying seeing the side he's supported and been employed by for most of his life, including his finest student, do well. Sickening.

Yeah it's a bit pathetic how now Pep's a twat for having the temerity to admire his childhood team playing so well.

He should've been blowing raspberries at the pitch whilst sitting on Txiki's lap. ;)

Mister Appointment said:
OB1 said:
Mister Appointment said:
Seems Pellegrini will almost certainly be manager again next season and is going to get serious backing from the board with regards transfers in the summer. You can't really fault Khaldoun, Soriano, and Txiki, if that's the decision they've made. It's the right call under the circumstances and with the lack of obvious suitable replacements.

I still don't think Guardiola will come to City in the summer of 2016 but it at least gives the club and the board a year to decide on who they want to succeed the gaffer.

I have serious doubts about whether Pep will ever come to City; much as I would love him to and would be happy to wait one (more) season for him. I must say that if Txiki is waiting for him and does not have as cast iron guarantee, as you can unofficially have, from his buddy that he will pitch up at City, he needs to be fired.

My own take is its not about waiting for Pep. It's about feeling very honestly Pellegrini deserves another season with a squad which he has more input into the make up of. Especially key first teamers.

You seem to be implying that Pellegrini has little input into recent signings. Why is he going to have any more input this summer? You seem however to be a fan of the manager and Txiki. In my book that doesn't stack up. Pellegrini has either been given players not fit for purpose which is stopping him achieving what he wants OR Txiki has uncovered decent players but the manager is not using them properly.

I am guessing that Khaldoon and Mansour saw the game the other night and were deeply embarrassed by the gulf in class. Angry too as despite FFP they have spent plenty in the last 3 years. And they will be looking for answers.

Ironically the two Porto players Txiki spent so long chasing didn't play against Barca. What's more Porto don't seemed to have missed them. They are in the last 8 yet again.

Mister Appointment said:
OB1 said:
Mister Appointment said:
Seems Pellegrini will almost certainly be manager again next season and is going to get serious backing from the board with regards transfers in the summer. You can't really fault Khaldoun, Soriano, and Txiki, if that's the decision they've made. It's the right call under the circumstances and with the lack of obvious suitable replacements.

I still don't think Guardiola will come to City in the summer of 2016 but it at least gives the club and the board a year to decide on who they want to succeed the gaffer.

I have serious doubts about whether Pep will ever come to City; much as I would love him to and would be happy to wait one (more) season for him. I must say that if Txiki is waiting for him and does not have as cast iron guarantee, as you can unofficially have, from his buddy that he will pitch up at City, he needs to be fired.

My own take is its not about waiting for Pep. It's about feeling very honestly Pellegrini deserves another season with a squad which he has more input into the make up of. Especially key first teamers.

What do you mean 'more input'? Has he been fucking mute for the past two seasons? Took last summer off? Not given his opinion on the squad that he works with on a day to day basis when it came to dishing out new contracts? Did Txiki not think to ask that bloke in the corner for his view? Is this the squad that Pellers said last year was the best in the PL and we have now added around £65m of talent to it if you include young Wilf and is now 'magically' not fit for purpose?

Its not as if we are asking him to win the fucking title every year just manage to beat teams like Hull, Burnley and CSKA Moscow at home and make a reasonable stab at winning some shiny silver things. More input. If he wants more input then I would suggest working on set pieces and defensive shape when we lose the ball for starters.

BigOscar said:
chris85mcfc said:

He looked smug and seemed to enjoy watching his boyhood side put us to the sword

Pretty sure I saw him grinning at watching Messi meg everyone in our side as well

chris85mcfc said:
BigOscar said:
chris85mcfc said:

He looked smug and seemed to enjoy watching his boyhood side put us to the sword

Pretty sure I saw him grinning at watching Messi meg everyone in our side as well
What a twat. A true fan sits in silence when he team is brilliant, eagerly awaiting a misplaced pass and the chance to yell abuse at someone

flb said:
BobKowalski said:
chris85mcfc said:

He may have been there under the guise of supporting Barca but really meeting Soriano and Txiki thrashing out his deal for next season with the list of players for them to buy him.

Yeah because that's how it works. Thrash out a deal when the entire focus is on you and most of the world's media is there. Mind you its how Txiki landed Pellers so you may have a point.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.