Discussion: Potential Pellegrini Replacements {merged}

• Thread starter Deleted member 58678
  • Start date
Re: Discussion: Potential Pellegrini Replacements

BobKowalski said:
Mister Appointment said:
OB1 said:
I have serious doubts about whether Pep will ever come to City; much as I would love him to and would be happy to wait one (more) season for him. I must say that if Txiki is waiting for him and does not have as cast iron guarantee, as you can unofficially have, from his buddy that he will pitch up at City, he needs to be fired.

My own take is its not about waiting for Pep. It's about feeling very honestly Pellegrini deserves another season with a squad which he has more input into the make up of. Especially key first teamers.

What do you mean 'more input'? Has he been fucking mute for the past two seasons? Took last summer off? Not given his opinion on the squad that he works with on a day to day basis when it came to dishing out new contracts? Did Txiki not think to ask that bloke in the corner for his view? Is this the squad that Pellers said last year was the best in the PL and we have now added around £65m of talent to it if you include young Wilf and is now 'magically' not fit for purpose?

Its not as if we are asking him to win the fucking title every year just manage to beat teams like Hull, Burnley and CSKA Moscow at home and make a reasonable stab at winning some shiny silver things. More input. If he wants more input then I would suggest working on set pieces and defensive shape when we lose the ball for starters.

Hahaha you've got to laugh haven't you Bob :)

BigOscar said:
chris85mcfc said:
BigOscar said:
Yeah, what a twat, enjoying seeing the side he's supported and been employed by for most of his life, including his finest student, do well. Sickening.

He looked smug and seemed to enjoy watching his boyhood side put us to the sword

Pretty sure I saw him grinning at watching Messi meg everyone in our side as well
What a twat. A true fan sits in silence when he team is brilliant, eagerly awaiting a misplaced pass and the chance to yell abuse at someone

I might be wrong but I think being a professional in the game is slightly different to your average Joe in the stands

He won't be coming here anyway, so his reactions are perfectly normal

This waiting for Pep story is bollocks. What sort of business model sets up on the expectation of having a manager arrive in a few years? That's not something you could keep secret. It wouldn't help get the best out of the current manager and it would be a weird thing for Pep himself to do.

I think it's obvious Txiki wants him at the club. It completes the Barca jigsaw that he seems to be totally enshrined in doing with the club. That's fine by me because it's built on the Ajax system that De Boer took to Barca and it's been proven to work with the talent the two clubs have produced. Football isn't a game you can do too much planning with. If we were looking at getting Pep in post-Pellegrini's three year contract then we should have been signing completely different players to those we have. Pep likes possession football and I think Wednesday showed how poor we are at keeping the ball at the top level.

supercity88 said:
This waiting for Pep story is bollocks. What sort of business model sets up on the expectation of having a manager arrive in a few years? That's not something you could keep secret. It wouldn't help get the best out of the current manager and it would be a weird thing for Pep himself to do.

I think it's obvious Txiki wants him at the club. It completes the Barca jigsaw that he seems to be totally enshrined in doing with the club. That's fine by me because it's built on the Ajax system that De Boer took to Barca and it's been proven to work with the talent the two clubs have produced. Football isn't a game you can do too much planning with. If we were looking at getting Pep in post-Pellegrini's three year contract then we should have been signing completely different players to those we have. Pep likes possession football and I think Wednesday showed how poor we are at keeping the ball at the top level.

If you want my take on it fella then Txiki will fuck off back to Spain a very rich man within the next two years anyway, the whole way of doing things at Barca from elections to managers is that they believe in the three year cycle, so i wouldn't expect Txiki to buy a house over here just yet.

Lets just hope PV and Marwood are still here come that time to have some English based input as we may need it if all this goes tits up- doubt it as the rumour is even the tea ladys from Barcelona are coming over to fully complete the copy and paste job.

Its all about hoping Pep is going to roll up-the knight in shining armour.

Mister Appointment said:
Seems Pellegrini will almost certainly be manager again next season and is going to get serious backing from the board with regards transfers in the summer. You can't really fault Khaldoun, Soriano, and Txiki, if that's the decision they've made. It's the right call under the circumstances and with the lack of obvious suitable replacements.

I still don't think Guardiola will come to City in the summer of 2016 but it at least gives the club and the board a year to decide on who they want to succeed the gaffer.

I think that he is toast myself even if we finish off the season well and secure a top three finish preferably finishing second and not falling further behind Chelsea points wise than we are now ( lets assume 9 points ).

They know we won't progress in Chumps League not only with the squad we have which is woefully short of competing with the majority of the last 16 sides over two legs and they know it won't happen under MP.

i don't think they will give him a third crack at it.

The chances of that are not as good as most pundits still think anyway.

We need 6 wins from these 9 games I reckon to secure our status.

Maybe 16/17 points will be enough but I wouldn't bet on it.

Some of our players are playing for there future at the club and whether there professionalism comes through will largely determine MP's fate.

Stuff up tomorrow and it could already be over for him.

Decisions on managers tenure are usually made over a relatively short period of time.

We have won 3 of our last 12 games which was enough to seal the fate of the likes of Leslie and notwithstanding RM's poor man management skills and attitude towards the Spanish duo and others even his run in his last season didn't quite reach these levels of poor outcomes.

BobKowalski said:
chris85mcfc said:
Pep can fuck off the way he cheered practically everything Barcelona did the other night

Yeah. Smug face and punching did spring to mind.

I did wonder what Bayern's fans thought of that

mancity1 said:
Mister Appointment said:
Seems Pellegrini will almost certainly be manager again next season and is going to get serious backing from the board with regards transfers in the summer. You can't really fault Khaldoun, Soriano, and Txiki, if that's the decision they've made. It's the right call under the circumstances and with the lack of obvious suitable replacements.

I still don't think Guardiola will come to City in the summer of 2016 but it at least gives the club and the board a year to decide on who they want to succeed the gaffer.

I think that he is toast myself even if we finish off the season well and secure a top three finish preferably finishing second and not falling further behind Chelsea points wise than we are now ( lets assume 9 points ).

They know we won't progress in Chumps League not only with the squad we have which is woefully short of competing with the majority of the last 16 sides over two legs and they know it won't happen under MP.

i don't think they will give him a third crack at it.

The chances of that are not as good as most pundits still think anyway.

We need 6 wins from these 9 games I reckon to secure our status.

Maybe 16/17 points will be enough but I wouldn't bet on it.

Some of our players are playing for there future at the club and whether there professionalism comes through will largely determine MP's fate.

Stuff up tomorrow and it could already be over for him.

Decisions on managers tenure are usually made over a relatively short period of time.

We have won 3 of our last 12 games which was enough to seal the fate of the likes of Leslie and notwithstanding RM's poor man management skills and attitude towards the Spanish duo and others even his run in his last season didn't quite reach these levels of poor outcomes.

With you on this one fuckup this weekend he is gone

Pep or Lowe would suit what the owners are looking for.

Mister Appointment said:
NQCitizen said:
Mister Appointment said:

We'd better keep Pellegrini because T&F are too worried Ancelotti might come in and win some things playing effective football and people might decide we don't need their mate Pep (who at this rate we'll have spent longer waiting for than he'll even manage us if he even did).

Well Pellegrini has won some things playing effective football. In fact your post seems another one which should be filed under "hate those bastards they sacked my hero".
In fairness it was mostly joking.

Nevertheless I wouldn't understand overlooking Ancelotti and letting the club stagnate just in case Pep fancies us one day. He's not famed for his long spells in charge either.

If we're waiting for our "dynasty" style manager surely someone like De Boer would be a more forward thinking option anyway?

If it is really Pep or nothing as is often presented that seems a huge mistake.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.