Discussion: Potential Pellegrini Replacements {merged}

• Thread starter Deleted member 58678
  • Start date
Re: Discussion: Potential Pellegrini Replacements

cibaman said:
BobKowalski said:
chris85mcfc said:
Pep can fuck off the way he cheered practically everything Barcelona did the other night

Yeah. Smug face and punching did spring to mind.

I did wonder what Bayern's fans thought of that

Which was pretty much my original point.

If he does take over City one day, I wouldn't be particularly pleased watching him cheerlead for one of our European rivals.

chris85mcfc said:
cibaman said:
BobKowalski said:
Yeah. Smug face and punching did spring to mind.

If he does take over City one day, I wouldn't be particularly pleased watching him cheerlead for one of our European rivals.
Wonder if he wants back in at Barca under his old president?

NQCitizen said:
chris85mcfc said:
cibaman said:

Wonder if he wants back in at Barca under his old president?

Not sure mate, but I just don't think he is heading for Manchester.

supercity88 said:
This waiting for Pep story is bollocks. What sort of business model sets up on the expectation of having a manager arrive in a few years? That's not something you could keep secret. It wouldn't help get the best out of the current manager and it would be a weird thing for Pep himself to do.

I think it's obvious Txiki wants him at the club. It completes the Barca jigsaw that he seems to be totally enshrined in doing with the club. That's fine by me because it's built on the Ajax system that De Boer took to Barca and it's been proven to work with the talent the two clubs have produced. Football isn't a game you can do too much planning with. If we were looking at getting Pep in post-Pellegrini's three year contract then we should have been signing completely different players to those we have. Pep likes possession football and I think Wednesday showed how poor we are at keeping the ball at the top level.

I agree with much of what you post and I have no qualms about saying that we need to raise the technical standard within our squad but we had 42% possession in Barcelona; which is rather better than most clubs do against them, certainly more than Ajax or PSG managed there; in fact I wouldn't be surprised if that was the least possession they have had in any home game this season or even any game (Real Madrid also had 42% possession at home to Barca earlier this season).

We do need to start signing a different type of player to fit the model to which we aspire too; regardless of whether we hope to get Pep or not.

I assume you mean Cryuff not De boer, BTW!

Literally anybody who will implore us to press high up the pitch as a unit. Anybody. We look awesome whenever we sporadically do this for 10 minutes. We need a manager who demands it for 90 minutes every week.

Kippax Street 1880 said:
Literally anybody who will implore us to press high up the pitch as a unit. Anybody. We look awesome whenever we sporadically do this for 10 minutes. We need a manager who demands it for 90 minutes every week.

A definite requirement.

How about something crazy like two coaches, one for the Premier League and one for the Champions League? No-one's done it before as far as I know so why not pioneer it. There is already a CL squad separate from PL, and the tactics are different, the style of play from the opposition is different, so why not?

Kippax Street 1880 said:

I don't really care whether we press high or not but I do agree that whatever we do we need to do it as a unit. Our thinking and execution seems muddled right now and I am not sure whether this muddled thinking is the cause of us not playing well or a symptom.

Then again I am not sure whether the root cause is a total lack of belief in what we are doing. To be really honest I don't have a bleeding clue as to what has lead to this fall off in our season. I keep bumping up against the 3 wins from 12 stat and going WTF?

Then again this could answer my own question...

' Burnley covered 11.9km more than Man City in their 1-0 win last Saturday; the biggest difference in a PL game this season'

A bit of effort lads. It ain't hard.

BobKowalski said:
Then again this could answer my own question...

' Burnley covered 11.9km more than Man City in their 1-0 win last Saturday; the biggest difference in a PL game this season'

A bit of effort lads. It ain't hard.

The gap won't be as big but I am sure that you will find Barca ran further than City on Wednesday.

The team does not run far enough or quick enough; the question is: how much can the manager do about that?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.