Discussion: Potential Pellegrini Replacements {merged}

• Thread starter Deleted member 58678
  • Start date
Re: If Not Manuel Pellegrini then who?

From SKYBET ....if you had a free 50 quid bet who would it be on ?

Others on request.
Diego Simeone 11/4
Carlo Ancelotti 7/2
Patrick Vieira 5/1
Rafael Benitez 6/1
Pep Guardiola 6/1
Ronald Koeman 10/1
Jurgen Klopp 12/1
Unai Emery 25/1
Laurent Blanc 28/1
Roberto Martinez 40/1
Jose Mourinho 40/1
Andre Villas-Boas 40/1
Brendan Rodgers 50/1
Frank de Boer 80/1
David Moyes 250/1

fatbloke said:
Pellegrini is a good manager in so many respects. I love his attacking philosophy, I love the way he plays the media and I love the dignity and stability his management style brings to the club but his tactics are in desperate need of new ideas.

Me personally, I'd say to Pellegrini that his job was safe but on the condition that Vieira is brought in as his Assistant with a view to potentially taking over when Pellegrini's contract expires next summer.

Pellegrini benefits from a more youthful approach and new ideas, Vieira benefits by gaining experience without the pressure of being a manager. We benefits from the stability and a new tactical approach and hopefully with Vieira's influence more emphasis on bringing the younger players through from the EDS.

It might not work but we can't afford to let Vieira walk away without giving him a chance which I think is inevitable if a new manager is brought in on a 2/3 year contract. To me there's no outstanding candidates who would fit into the 'holistic' nature the club is aspirations of so we have nothing to lose.

That seems like too much sense for me, especially the first paragraphs. After today, it should be 'get Mancini back', 'Pellegrini is a naive tactical idiot, who've never won anything' etc.

Refreshing to see that there are still people who at least hold some respect for the man. He should be given at least this season, I'm sure we can maintain our a top 3 place in the league when the season ends, the situation is still not that bad.

Daz_Blue said:

Others on request.
Diego Simeone 11/4
Carlo Ancelotti 7/2
Patrick Vieira 5/1
Rafael Benitez 6/1
Pep Guardiola 6/1
Ronald Koeman 10/1
Jurgen Klopp 12/1
Unai Emery 25/1
Laurent Blanc 28/1
Roberto Martinez 40/1
Jose Mourinho 40/1
Andre Villas-Boas 40/1
Brendan Rodgers 50/1
Frank de Boer 80/1
David Moyes 250/1

The Barca boys will end up bringing Ronald De Boer in as the new manager thinking they have the Ajax boss.

Daz_Blue said:

Others on request.
Diego Simeone 11/4
Carlo Ancelotti 7/2
Patrick Vieira 5/1
Rafael Benitez 6/1
Pep Guardiola 6/1
Ronald Koeman 10/1
Jurgen Klopp 12/1
Unai Emery 25/1
Laurent Blanc 28/1
Roberto Martinez 40/1
Jose Mourinho 40/1
Andre Villas-Boas 40/1
Brendan Rodgers 50/1
Frank de Boer 80/1
David Moyes 250/1

Rather generous on the odds for Pep. Would have him, Klopp or Carlo. Simeone or Rafa if those not available.

Whomever it shall be, it needs to be someone who the players respect, and whose wrath they'd fear.
Someone who'd immediately let the player know his performance is not good enough, no matter the name on the back of the shirt.

We need a general Maximus (Russel Crowe; Gladiator) whom the soldiers (players) would follow until death.

I'm not sure that manager even exists, but that's the type we should be looking for.

I'm sick and tired of hearing about how "nice" the manager is, how controlled he is in interviews, training sessions, in the dugout. I want to see some fucking character! I want dynamite, not a glass of strawberry lemonade.

I want domination, I want opponents to give up even before they walk out on the pitch.

I want us to go for the kill right from the whistle, and when we score I want us to continue beating down on the wounded opponent, repeatedly and without mercy. Finish the job. Make them fear us. Make them want to go back home well before the final whistle.

Matt the Giant said:
Whomever it shall be, it needs to be someone who the players respect, and whose wrath they'd fear.
Someone who'd immediately let the player know his performance is not good enough, no matter the name on the back of the shirt.

We need a general Maximus (Russel Crowe; Gladiator) whom the soldiers (players) would follow until death.

I'm not sure that manager even exists, but that's the type we should be looking for.

I'm sick and tired of hearing about how "nice" the manager is, how controlled he is in interviews, training sessions, in the dugout. I want to see some fucking character! I want dynamite, not a glass of strawberry lemonade.

I want domination, I want opponents to give up even before they walk out on the pitch.

I want us to go for the kill right from the whistle, and when we score I want us to continue beating down on the wounded opponent, repeatedly and without mercy. Finish the job. Make them fear us. Make them want to go back home well before the final whistle.
The what would you rather be question loved or feared ?

Benitez according to the Star.

Mind you....they're also claiming Mancini will donate 45m for Jovetic,Kolarov and Yaya.

Matt the Giant said:

The issue though is that most modern players don't respond to this because the power dynamic in football has changed. Even Ferguson gave up his hairdryer treatment because he saw it didn't work and harmed more than it helped.

If you try to be a twat to players, they will eventually get you the sack - which is exactly what happened with Mancini. The "Death or Glory" analogy for sports just doesn't seem to work consistently. Its effectiveness is worn out quickly.

Inspiring loyalty doesn't just mean to run through walls; it takes loyalty to trust the manager's decision over what you want to do and numerous other things.

We really don't want to be in a situation where we keep throwing out managers and players are only loyalty to themselves as they understand that they can sack the manager if they want. This is what damaged Chelsea so badly and why they fell out of title contention until they turned it around

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.