Discussion: Potential Pellegrini Replacements {merged}

• Thread starter Deleted member 58678
  • Start date
Re: If Not Manuel Pellegrini then who?

Damocles said:
hilts said:
Damocles said:
If Pellers absolutely has to go at the end of the year, and I don't think we're at that point yet, then I wouldn't mind Rafa getting the job. Vieira with a full year and not just 9 games is certainly an option as we can bail out mid season if he hits disaster and still have time to recover. Wouldn't mind De Boer here or even Rodgers if others fall through. I still think Klopp is our best option personally if we decide not to go with Vieira.

What point do we have to reach before you get those splinters off your bottom and realise that the manager has to go, followed by the dof and a fair few of the players as well, this team as we know it are gone, it's over, the sooner our owners realise this the better

We have had a good few years, probably should have done better, could have been one of the great teams but still won more than we would have ever thought as city fans, time to move on, no point in wasting anymore time

Only the deluded or those who couldn't bear to be proved wrong will not admit this

I don't believe that sacking half of the footballing staff at the club because we've had a poor half season is really the way to go.

As I said earlier on, for the sacking of the manager to be even an option we'd have to literally be fighting for fourth/fifth with a danger that we'll drop out. Not sat in second.

So when you look at our players, the investment made, the wages we pay to the players, manager and dof you think

fa cup out to poor opposition

league cup out to poor opposition

Champions league struggled through group after being shit and about to be kicked out again

not played well in the league for the vast majority of the season in fact been utter shit in many games

you actually think we have had a poor half a season, get a calender and look at the table and note games played

mansour's tow ropes said:
If our 'top' target isn't available this summer then I wouldn't be against Rafa on an interim role for a season. Better than sticking around with Pellegrini for another year until Pep (supposedly) becomes available.

Do you really think some of our "wonderful" players would put up with an interim manager, surely it would be beneath them to play for him

bluechampion7891 said:
Damocles said:
If our 'top' target isn't available this summer then I wouldn't be against Rafa on an interim role for a season. Better than sticking around with Pellegrini for another year until Pep (supposedly) becomes available.

If Pellers absolutely has to go at the end of the year, and I don't think we're at that point yet, then I wouldn't mind Rafa getting the job. Vieira with a full year and not just 9 games is certainly an option as we can bail out mid season if he hits disaster and still have time to recover. Wouldn't mind De Boer here or even Rodgers if others fall through. I still think Klopp is our best option personally if we decide not to go with Vieira.

this would be especially appealing if he could bring the only two world class players remaining at dortmund with him

Suppose you mean Reus and Gundogan, but Hummels would be nice too, and it also opens up possiblities for other players currently in the Bundesliga, like De Bruyne, and if MP is right in that we can spend big again, we could be finally back on track after 3 dismal years in the transfer market.

Klopp is also prepared to bring in/promote youth and would provide a faster style of play, his players are also prepared to run through a brick wall for him, something which is obviously not happening with Pellegrini.

Damocles said:
hilts said:
Damocles said:

What point do we have to reach before you get those splinters off your bottom and realise that the manager has to go, followed by the dof and a fair few of the players as well, this team as we know it are gone, it's over, the sooner our owners realise this the better

We have had a good few years, probably should have done better, could have been one of the great teams but still won more than we would have ever thought as city fans, time to move on, no point in wasting anymore time

Only the deluded or those who couldn't bear to be proved wrong will not admit this

I don't believe that sacking half of the footballing staff at the club because we've had a poor half season is really the way to go.

As I said earlier on, for the sacking of the manager to be even an option we'd have to literally be fighting for fourth/fifth with a danger that we'll drop out. Not sat in second.

We are now in a fight for top 4. I really hope the players have the fight. The only thing that gives me any hope is that they are now on performance related pay.

BenLlewellyn said:
bluechampion7891 said:
Damocles said:

this would be especially appealing if he could bring the only two world class players remaining at dortmund with him

Suppose you mean Reus and Gundogan, but Hummels would be nice too, and it also opens up possiblities for other players currently in the Bundesliga, like De Bruyne, and if MP is right in that we can spend big again, we could be finally back on track after 3 dismal years in the transfer market.

Klopp is also prepared to bring in/promote youth and would provide a faster style of play, his players are also prepared to run through a brick wall for him, something which is obviously not happening with Pellegrini.

the first two. not a big fan of hummels.

bluwes said:

Do you really think some of our "wonderful" players would put up with an interim manager, surely it would be beneath them to play for him

I agree that an interim manager would be a disaster. I think if we're being realistic Guardiola isn't going to come here, certainly not this summer if at all.

Assuming that Pellegrini won't be here next season, which is looking increasingly likely, then Klopp would be my first choice. Remains to be seen if he's attainable.

Ric said:
bluwes said:

I agree that an interim manager would be a disaster. I think if we're being realistic Guardiola isn't going to come here, certainly not this summer if at all.

Assuming that Pellegrini won't be here next season, which is looking increasingly likely, then Klopp would be my first choice. Remains to be seen if he's attainable.

This lets wait for pep the messiah is getting rather tedious now, where this has come from i don't know, only city would wait for a guy who may have absolutely no intention of coming here anyhow, has every club in the world turned out the lights because guardiola isn't managing them

And damocles, billy shears and blueinsa should be in a remake of carry on up the khyber

[bigimg]http://static4.fjcdn.com/thumbnails/comments/Sticks+fingers+in+ears+that+never+happened+la+la+la+_62debfc271b582ee34db073fac56a57c.gif[/bigimg]

The trouble is with Klopp he is doing worse job than Pellegrini. It would be the case of re arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

I've read that Klopp is tactically inflexible, which contributed to Dortmund's slide down the table

At least some of the fault lies with Jürgen Klopp himself, though. At times he's too stubbornly stuck with plans and tactics that aren't working, or players that aren't performing. For example, Erik Durm performed admirably at left back while Marcel Schmelzer was out with a broken hand, but despite Schmelzer's indifferent form, has played just once since the more senior player returned -- and that was at Durm's less-preferred role at right back.

Other such examples are scattered throughout the squad: Ciro Immobile started up top match after match while rarely playing well, but Adrián Ramos is seemingly pinned to the bench. Sebastian Kehl left to struggle as the defensive midfielder when Matthias Ginter could capably step up from his role as the reserve center back to give the veteran a rest. Ilkay Gündogan shoehorned in to a more attacking midfield role than he's generally comfortable with when Shinji Kagawa is right there to be used.

The club's struggles and Klopp's seeming refusal to adjust has also lead to a crisis in confidence and, seemingly, in motivation as well. Dortmund's defense has simply switched off too many times this season, causing them to drop points when it seemed they had a chance to eke out wins. They've managed to stay focused in the Champions League, taking thirteen points in a tough group, but that focus is frequently lost in the league, leaving them with just 15 points from 17 matches, scoring just 18 goals while surrendering 26 -- and leaving fans to wonder how things can possibly get turned around.

More from SBNation.com

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.sbnation.com/soccer/2014/12/20/7427473/borussia-dortmund-relegation-bundesliga" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.sbnation.com/soccer/2014/12/ ... bundesliga</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.