Discussion: Potential Pellegrini Replacements {merged}

• Thread starter Deleted member 58678
  • Start date
Re: Discussion: Potential Pellegrini Replacements

Mister Appointment said:
OB1 said:
We do need to start signing a different type of player to fit the model to which we aspire too; regardless of whether we hope to get Pep or not.

This team wasn't built to press high up the pitch which is why they can't really do it for more than 10 or 15 minutes at a time. More importantly the midfield core of Silva, Nasri, Toure, arguably our three most important players in an attacking sense, are almost incapable of playing a high tempo pressing game. That's why down the years whenever we've come up against a midfield who know how to press and press well, those players really struggle and inevitably become frustrated.

As I said earlier though, Pellegrini didn't sign those players and I think in many respects the performance against Barca over both legs will have been more of a damning indictment of the players' actually ability to match a team like Barca for quality than the manager's capabilities. That's why I think Pellegrini is being backed with big money this summer. He'll need to deliver next season in a tangible way in terms of progress, but he'll have the backing and the tools to do it.

I'm quietly getting quite excited about our summer shopping. :)

Is that a promise?

The man linked with Pep Guardiola's job at Bayern is available (for now) and is considered perhaps the brightest young mind in German football. Here's someone's summary of his tactics:

<a class="postlink" href="https://developtowin.wordpress.com/2015/03/03/thomas-tuchels-pentagon/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://developtowin.wordpress.com/2015 ... -pentagon/</a>

Just hope whoever it is turns out to be a deep thinker because tactically we are so poor in Europe (and often domestically). Hashtag save us Pep. :)

LoveCity said:
The man linked with Pep Guardiola's job at Bayern is available (for now) and is considered perhaps the brightest young mind in German football. Here's someone's summary of his tactics:

<a class="postlink" href="https://developtowin.wordpress.com/2015/03/03/thomas-tuchels-pentagon/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://developtowin.wordpress.com/2015 ... -pentagon/</a>

Just hope whoever it is turns out to be a deep thinker because tactically we are so poor in Europe (and often domestically). Hashtag save us Pep. :)

Think Tuchel's a good shout. I said as much at the start of this thread somewhere. I'd expect someone with Begiristain's knowledge of the European game to be well aware of why he's so highly rated and to know whether he fits into the City ethos.

Personally I'd prefer someone like Tuchel (or Klopp) over Pep - and I think both those guys could also build sides capable of excelling in Europe.

As it stands though it looks like the foundations for the new side will be built by Txiki and Pellegrini.

BobKowalski said:
Mister Appointment said:
OB1 said:
We do need to start signing a different type of player to fit the model to which we aspire too; regardless of whether we hope to get Pep or not.

This team wasn't built to press high up the pitch which is why they can't really do it for more than 10 or 15 minutes at a time. More importantly the midfield core of Silva, Nasri, Toure, arguably our three most important players in an attacking sense, are almost incapable of playing a high tempo pressing game. That's why down the years whenever we've come up against a midfield who know how to press and press well, those players really struggle and inevitably become frustrated.

As I said earlier though, Pellegrini didn't sign those players and I think in many respects the performance against Barca over both legs will have been more of a damning indictment of the players' actually ability to match a team like Barca for quality than the manager's capabilities. That's why I think Pellegrini is being backed with big money this summer. He'll need to deliver next season in a tangible way in terms of progress, but he'll have the backing and the tools to do it.

Is that a promise?

Are you an American or just a twat? I genuinely can't tell ...

All these conflicting reports about the managers are hilarious, one day we're getting Ancelotti, the next we're not. The next day Pellegrini is staying..

The only good thing about this season is that it will have forced our guys upstairs to make some big decisions in the summer especially regarding the squad, I personally think Pellegrini stays till his contract runs out. Though I don't see how replacements will still be available next summer if we really want the top managers in the game.

J_Bow said:
All these conflicting reports about the managers are hilarious, one day we're getting Ancelotti, the next we're not. The next day Pellegrini is staying..

The only good thing about this season is that it will have forced our guys upstairs to make some big decisions in the summer especially regarding the squad, I personally think Pellegrini stays till his contract runs out. Though I don't see how replacements will still be available next summer if we really want the top managers in the game.

If he guides us to the qualifying for the chumps league next season ( 2nd or 3rd ) and we finish off the season in good winning form you could put a case for him to start next season as manager despite the all the problems that have beset this team this season ( cup exits , below standard performances in Europe ) and some very average performances against sides we should comfortably defeat.

If he doesn't it going to be very hard for MP himself and any supporter of him putting up a case that will satisfy those who ask him why he should get another season.

Of course that question in that case won't be asked of him he will be told to pack his bags and empty his office.

These last nine games are huge for MP and he knows it , it cannot be sugar coated.

They are all games we should go in as favourite to win.

He gives me the impression of a lame duck at present and his first big test comes tomorrow.

Mister Appointment said:
LoveCity said:

Think Tuchel's a good shout. I said as much at the start of this thread somewhere. I'd expect someone with Begiristain's knowledge of the European game to be well aware of why he's so highly rated and to know whether he fits into the City ethos.

Personally I'd prefer someone like Tuchel (or Klopp) over Pep - and I think both those guys could also build sides capable of excelling in Europe.

As it stands though it looks like the foundations for the new side will be built by Txiki and Pellegrini.

I'm onboard the Klopp bandwagon and not coming off for Tuchel. He's the man for us in my mind and I think he'd work extremely well in our 3-5 cycled system.

Mister Appointment said:
BobKowalski said:
Mister Appointment said:

Is that a promise?

Are you an American or just a twat? I genuinely can't tell ...

Come on mate, that was pretty funny to be fair

chris85mcfc said:
Pep can fuck off the way he cheered practically everything Barcelona did the other night

This.

Besides I didn't/ddon't want him anyway

Damocles said:
I'm onboard the Klopp bandwagon and not coming off for Tuchel. He's the man for us in my mind and I think he'd work extremely well in our 3-5 cycled system.

Oh look don't get me wrong - I'm an avowed Klopp fanboy and have been for a few years now. He is my undisputed number 1 pick to be our manager. I think the fact that Txiki went and spoke to him before we got Pellegrini gives me hope that one day my dream will come true!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.