Discussion: Potential Pellegrini Replacements {merged}

• Thread starter Deleted member 58678
  • Start date
Re: Discussion: Potential Pellegrini Replacements

Sergi0 Na5r1 said:
Looks like it's up to Carlo to make it far in the CL now as both La Liga and CDR appear to have slipped away for Real. Wouldn't be surprised to see him here soon.

It would surprise me

Sergi0 Na5r1 said:
Looks like it's up to Carlo to make it far in the CL now as both La Liga and CDR appear to have slipped away for Real. Wouldn't be surprised to see him here soon.
Pellegrini will get another 12 months unless City collapse

spanishblue said:
Kippax Street 1880 said:
Literally anybody who will implore us to press high up the pitch as a unit. Anybody. We look awesome whenever we sporadically do this for 10 minutes. We need a manager who demands it for 90 minutes every week.

I don't think the squad is strong enough to be honest their fitness levels look crap

We have a few that can keep going all game such as Milner and Navas but you're right that we often don't look as fit as the opposition.

That's an area that really needs to be addressed for next season.

Marvin said:
Sergi0 Na5r1 said:
Pellegrini will get another 12 months unless City collapse
I suppose it still depends on the Pep situation. The rumours of needing an MP replacement have died down for the moment since our west brom win but I'm sure they'll be back up again. As for Carlo his position is far from confirmed at Real. Perez having to call up a press conference a few weeks ago to announce his support likely signals there's a feeling that Madrid board and media are losing patience with him.

I have my doubts Ancelotti will be managing us next season even if it is looking like Real Madrid are lining up Zinedine Zidane as his replacement.

When you judge the season you can only question the management. A lot on here argue we had a weak summer window but we didn't. We started off better than last year after the summer window. Fernando is better than Garcia, Mangala is a top defender and the rest were reinforcements for the squad. The problem is, why hasn't Mangala started every game? Why are we starting a 34 year old in Demichelis instead, why are we relying on a 36 year old in Lampard coming on or even starting instead of Milner playing every game. In fact against Burnley Milner couldn't even get on the bench, why?? Yes we had Barcelona to save ourselves for but we lost to Burnley and we lost to Barcelona, it isn't a system that is working is it?

I blame inconsistent selections for this season. Kolarov for example has had a very poor season but he was great last year. These players are not performing because they aren't settling into any kind of form. When you have a different defence and don't play for weeks, you are bound to find it difficult. Mangala and Kompany should of started every single game, the same goes for our full backs and only form or injuries should dictate selection. Instead we see a completely different team every week so there is no competition and there is no connection between each game to gain some form.

The reaction of some players when they have been subbed recently says it all, I think the players have had enough of being rotated and want to play but they are being prevented from doing so.

We need to get either Pep or Simeone for me, both are proven managers and fit very well into making the most out of everything they have.

There's nobody to replace Pellegrini this year.

Ancelotti isn't doing well and also has a poor league record.

The ideal candidate is Pep, who may only leave Bayern if they don't win the CL.

inbetween said:
When you judge the season you can only question the management. A lot on here argue we had a weak summer window but we didn't. We started off better than last year after the summer window. Fernando is better than Garcia, Mangala is a top defender and the rest were reinforcements for the squad. The problem is, why hasn't Mangala started every game? Why are we starting a 34 year old in Demichelis instead, why are we relying on a 36 year old in Lampard coming on or even starting instead of Milner playing every game. In fact against Burnley Milner couldn't even get on the bench, why?? Yes we had Barcelona to save ourselves for but we lost to Burnley and we lost to Barcelona, it isn't a system that is working is it?

I blame inconsistent selections for this season. Kolarov for example has had a very poor season but he was great last year. These players are not performing because they aren't settling into any kind of form. When you have a different defence and don't play for weeks, you are bound to find it difficult. Mangala and Kompany should of started every single game, the same goes for our full backs and only form or injuries should dictate selection. Instead we see a completely different team every week so there is no competition and there is no connection between each game to gain some form.

The reaction of some players when they have been subbed recently says it all, I think the players have had enough of being rotated and want to play but they are being prevented from doing so.

We need to get either Pep or Simeone for me, both are proven managers and fit very well into making the most out of everything they have.

Great post. The constant shuffling of the defence has completely undermined us.

inbetween said:

I'd go along with that.

As for Pelle - if he finishes strongly and in second then maybe he should have another stab at it. He will then have turned around a worrying downward trajectory that I really thought he wouldn't.

OK... so....

Let's imagine for one moment that City are all in for Pep (forget the how's and why's).
If it's true, and we're so hell bent on getting him, then what's going to happen if a) We can't get him, or b) We do get him and it doesn't work out?

If we can't get him, then we've basically set our stall out for any subsequent manager. They become 'second choice' immediately.
If we do get him and it doesn't work out, there were can City go from there? (other than looking embarrassed and needing a total rethink).

As good (or not) as Pep may be, I do worry we might be setting him up as some messiah to take us to the very top, and that flies in the face of us being a professional machine that's going to the top anyway - it's just a matter of us choosing who we would prefer at the helm.

IF Ancelotti became available in the summer, I think City would have a genuine dilemma. To pass him over would need some amazing assurances that Pep was coming, and I just can't see such assurances ever being given.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.