Discussion: Potential Pellegrini Replacements {merged}

• Thread starter Deleted member 58678
  • Start date
Re: Discussion: Potential Pellegrini Replacements

It's that bloody eyebrow of Ancelotti that does my head in! It's positively trying to escape from his face permanently.

Seriously though, I can't stand they idea of having an ex manager of any other English team if I'm honest. I just don't think that any sloppy seconds manager will ever have enough hate in his body to slaughter his ex club enough. It will just be some kind of giant love in with the press having a field day. Quotes like 'Ancelotti regrets Chelsea Departure' or 'Ancelotti always a Blue' crap will be forever in the papers. In short, it's a NO from me to any spoilt goods.

I'd have Mancini back in a heartbeat if it was my choice. Biggest mistake ever was letting him go. It should have been the players who were fucked off, not the Manager that made us proud.

MaineRoadBlue said:
It's that bloody eyebrow of Ancelotti that does my head in! It's positively trying to escape from his face permanently.

Seriously though, I can't stand they idea of having an ex manager of any other English team if I'm honest. I just don't think that any sloppy seconds manager will ever have enough hate in his body to slaughter his ex club enough. It will just be some kind of giant love in with the press having a field day. Quotes like 'Ancelotti regrets Chelsea Departure' or 'Ancelotti always a Blue' crap will be forever in the papers. In short, it's a NO from me to any spoilt goods.

I'd have Mancini back in a heartbeat if it was my choice. Biggest mistake ever was letting him go. It should have been the players who were fucked off, not the Manager that made us proud.

It has to be Klop. He would be fantastic at City and a cult figure. This season has been a blip for Dortmund and not his fault.

OK do not shoot the messenger

I have a friend of a friend who works for ESPN and he said City have started negotiations with the representatives of Carlo Ancelotti to become the next City boss.

I am only passing on what I was told ....I have never said I am ITK and have not posted things like this before ....it maybe bullshit but it is what he told my buddy Brian .....Viera would become his number 2 and Jason Wilcox would run the EDS set up .....

As I said I am not making it up .....he might be tho as he is a Chelsea fan ......

Ancelotti won't be the new City manager, he is too short term and doesn't fit into Txiki's philosophy.

The papers confirmed last week that it is Ancelotti's entourage putting out the City links, not City.

I think we will keep Manuel for a season and try our arm with Pep next summer, if he doesn't fancy it we will go with Frank De Boer, his brother also stated last week that he won't leave Ajax until 2016.

sam-caddick said:
Ancelotti won't be the new City manager, he is too short term and doesn't fit into Txiki's philosophy.

The papers confirmed last week that it is Ancelotti's entourage putting out the City links, not City.

I think we will keep Manuel for a season and try our arm with Pep next summer, if he doesn't fancy it we will go with Frank De Boer, his brother also stated last week that he won't leave Ajax until 2016.

Not quite sure what his philosophy is. It looks a mess to me. Txiki has bought loads of players but essentially the team remains as it was before he arrived. Not sure the philsophy can survive the poverty of league performance, shambolic cup exits.

Ancelotti may not be the ideal long term manager but he is a big upgrade on Pellegrini and do we really want to risk another wasted year? With Ancelotti and a few quality additions we should be quite a force next year.

And the big question is does Pep want to come here anyway?

robbieh said:
sam-caddick said:

Not quite sure what his philosophy is. It looks a mess to me. Txiki has bought loads of players but essentially the team remains as it was before he arrived. Not sure the philsophy can survive the poverty of league performance, shambolic cup exits.

Ancelotti may not be the ideal long term manager but he is a big upgrade on Pellegrini and do we really want to risk another wasted year? With Ancelotti and a few quality additions we should be quite a force next year.

And the big question is does Pep want to come here anyway?

I don't know mate but I do think the likes of Koeman, Pochettino, Unai Emery, Nuno Espírito Santo, Bielsa, Tuchel, Low, maybe even Klopp would all be preferred over Ancelotti.

It's all about the style of football with Txiki.

Pellegrini should stay IMO but I'd move Vieira into the No2. position for next season, if we're to have a proper succession policy he can't spend another season at the EDS, time to give him a shot and bring a couple of his starlets with him.

bellsouth said:
Pellegrini should stay IMO but I'd move Vieira into the No2. position for next season, if we're to have a proper succession policy he can't spend another season at the EDS, time to give him a shot and bring a couple of his starlets with him.

I would do this so the kids have a familiar presence coaching them with the seniors, this could provide an easier transition for the youth to get more of an opportunity.

Vieira has shows he is a good coach with the kids and I think he could have a big influence on the seniors as well, improving them.

MaineRoadBlue said:

Me too but sadly it won't happen while the BarcaBoys are in residence.

I'd be happy with Klopp.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.