Discussion: Potential Pellegrini Replacements {merged}

• Thread starter Deleted member 58678
  • Start date
Re: Ancelotti to City??

McfcMK said:
Marvin said:
McfcMK said:
If it's true that we're looking for a new manager after having a sort of title win hangover, then how long will it take before the penny drops and Txiki figures out the players are at fault?
What part of this is absolute horseshit did you not understand
City have been bullshitting a few times in recent times (Mangala transfer fee for example) so I'm taking anything they say with a pinch of salt.
It was announced by Porto to their Stock Exchange that they sold their share of his economic rights and City negotiated separately with 3rd parties for the remaining rights. What do you know?

I'd consider him an upgrade at least

which the last one wasn't

Hard to get to excited about him, another steady hand, tactically better than MP but then again who isn't

He'd be the first manager since the takeover from the A list of management. Mancini and Pellegrini both good coaches but not renowned like Carlo, who has won the Champions League three times (more than Ferguson). And yet there is no guarantee he'd do any better as Mancini and Pellegrini because of a stronger Chelsea, probably United and possibly Arsenal all challenging for the title, but I suspect he'd make us at least as good as PSG in Europe, a team that can give anyone a tough game. Just remember Ancelotti's PSG only went out to Barcelona on the stupid away goals rule the season before last (and drew at Camp Nou). I guess the challenge for him would be to win the league at least once in his first (only?) two years as well as getting us to perform in Europe. I don't really understand why he only has 3 league titles in his career and that's a bit concerning because many of us pay for a season ticket and as much as we'd like to do well in Europe, our usual visit to the ground is for the league. At least 1 of those 3 league titles was in England with Chelsea (and 100+ goals), winning a double that year (FA Cup), and the next season he finished 2nd with Chelsea and got sacked. Hmm...

LoveCity said:
He'd be the first manager since the takeover from the A list of management. Mancini and Pellegrini both good coaches but not renowned like Carlo, who has won the Champions League three times (more than Ferguson). And yet there is no guarantee he'd do any better as Mancini and Pellegrini because of a stronger Chelsea, probably United and possibly Arsenal all challenging for the title, but I suspect he'd make us at least as good as PSG in Europe, a team that can give anyone a tough game. Just remember Ancelotti's PSG only went out to Barcelona on the stupid away goals rule the season before last (and drew at Camp Nou). I guess the challenge for him would be to win the league at least once in his first (only?) two years as well as getting us to perform in Europe. I don't really understand why he only has 3 league titles in his career and that's a bit concerning because many of us pay for a season ticket and as much as we'd like to do well in Europe, our usual visit to the ground is for the league. At least 1 of those 3 league titles was in England with Chelsea (and 100+ goals), winning a double that year (FA Cup), and the next season he finished 2nd with Chelsea and got sacked. Hmm...

He also lost the title to unfancied Montpellier in his first season at PSG after spending a lot of money, albeit he didn't have Zlatan, Silva and Verrati.

His league title record is very poor and to be honest he was only a few minutes away from being sacked by Madrid last season, had that Ramos header been an inch wider in the dying minutes Atleti would have been champions of Europe, so fine margins.

Apparently Perez foresaw this season panning out like it did and wasn't convinced Carlo was the man to take Madrid further last summer yet in the end stuck with him for a reason I am not aware about, however it looks now that he was right all along.

I just don't see him being an ideal candidate to undertake Txiki's direction for the club and he would be seen as a short term appointment in my opinion.

The main positive would be him being able to attract the big name players which is vital with us needing a big rebuild.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.