Discussion: Potential Pellegrini Replacements {merged}

• Thread starter Deleted member 58678
  • Start date
Re: Ancelotti to City??

spanishblue said:
IMO they are both to old we need younger blood and sitting on our thumbs waiting for Pep is not the answer, we may already have the future within our ranks. But as with some of our academy players we may lose him

He is only 55 bud, i think Mourinho is 53.

Pablo1 said:
Danamy said:
Like it or not, I think we all need to get used to MP being here next season
Yeah I agree with that, there's going to be endless speculation between now and the end of season (and beyond no doubt) but I don't see him going anywhere. People have to remember that this set of circumstances differs enormously to those which saw Mancini sacked. Results and performances only told half the story that's why I think we're content to keep him for one more season.

Wouldn't bother me in Pellegrini stays for another season as long as we finish the season strongly and make some serious changes to playing personnel this summer.

The likes of Yaya, Kolarov, Nasri, Dzeko and Jovetic should all have question marks over their future. We have to assume that Milner is gone too. Plus Sinclair, Nastasic and Richards are all going or gone. Could be as many as 13 players from the current squad listing on the OS moving on. That is a lot of change in one summer.

Need to add some hunger, pace, energy but with high levels of technical ability. Not easy, especially as every player we want will have other big clubs with big plans chasing them as well.

moomba said:
I think if MP stays he needs to have a contract extension, even if it has plenty of break clauses.

Aye. A good idea, IMO. It will keep the press off our back and would act as a clear signal to the players that he isn't a stop-gap.

OB1 said:
Blue Mooner said:
OB1 said:
If LoveCity tells you that Di Marzio is a reliable source, you can be sure that he knows what he is talking about. From what I have seen of Di Marzio, he does seem to be one of the more informed journalists. That does not mean his information is always correct. In this case, Ancelotti's people may be making waves that have landed on Di Marzio's beach.

Another statement delivered as fact without anything to back it up. If 'lovecity' is so much better informed than your average city fan then provide some facts to back it up, otherwise, his opinion is no more valuable than anyone else on here.

If Ancellotis camp are driving this then 'wanting' something to happen is very different from it actually happening.

Fwiw tolmie, a poster who i do recognise as having more credibility than most, says its complete nonsense, so someone is talking complete toshand i would wager that it is the enemies of City in the press.

I have a strange sense of deja vu here but no matter.

I believe LoveCity is City Watch on Twitter, whose very regular updates on news about City to over 36,000 are about as comprehensive as it gets when covering City news.

Tolmie may well be correct in this instance but LoveCity is correct when he says that Di Marzio is a very well informed journalist.

Di Marzio is only as good as his source. He could have been fed something for another purpose (e.g. to make it clear Ancelotti will be available next season) but he is given the impression it's genuine. It is possible that is the case.

Di Marzio is hands down the most reliable source on Twitter for transfers. There’s always scepticism when someone’s claims they’ve heard from sources, blab la bla, but when it’s Di Marzio, it’s mainly reliable.

Danamy said:
Like it or not, I think we all need to get used to MP being here next season

Rightly so as well.

BobKowalski said:
OB1 said:
The concern over potential lack of authority if the manager does not sign an extension is a legitimate one as are similar fears about him signing an extension that everyone sees as a smokescreen. Not sure that an easy answer exists though. You can sack the manager but where does that get you if you have someone who is just then viewed as a caretaker. Benitez won a European trophy as a caretaker.

A lot depends on the attitude of the players and that does concern me.

Maybe the DoF as to step in and make it crystal clear to the players that anyone thinking they can slack off because the manager has not got a contract extension will find themselves also in the last year of their contract?

Agreed. A lot depends on the personality and character of the manager. Rafa has the necessary ego to overcome the interim tag (which he said was a mistake if I recall) and impose his will on the group. Txiki laying down the law will not work over a season. We have seen a slacking off this season which Pellers has been unable to prevent or correct to date (Pellers still has time to get the team finishing strongly and I hope he does) but if he doesn't it is difficult to make an argument that he can see an upturn in the final year of his contract. New signings may give a lift to compensate though.

The issue I have is this perceived obsession with Pep and the inference all plans are on hold or by necessity short term because of this obsession. Personally I think it's a mistake and I hope that it's more of a forum obsession than one held by the board and senior management.

I think Rafa was helped at Chelsea by the personality of (some of) the squad but he may be more forceful that Pellegrini. Two different sets of people. We do know that this City squad have dropped their intensity this season but we do not know how influential in preventing that another manager would have been. I think the situation at City this season is quite complicated for the manager and may continue to be so next season; although next season will include some new issues. What I mean here, in short, is that we have a squad in need of some rebuilding and that transition may be largely accomplished over the next season.

However, one rates Pellegrini and the work he has done, the bigger question for me is whether or not he is the right guy to oversee a transformation of the squad?

As to Pep, I am a big fan but I don't think City should be waiting round on the off chance that he will come to us. I still do not have a problem with Pellegrini being given the chance to see out his contract's final year and if that contract's end should coincide with Pep being ready, willing and available to join City, fine.

I do have some concerns about keeping Pellegrini in place; although they are more to do with the fact that I would prefer a slightly different approach to how we play than concern that he cannot return us to winning trophies in style.

Latics Fan SJK said:
Di Marzio is hands down the most reliable source on Twitter for transfers. There’s always scepticism when someone’s claims they’ve heard from sources, blab la bla, but when it’s Di Marzio, it’s mainly reliable.

Well its all down to his dad Giovanni Di Marzio whose a big spider in the football net, discovered players like Maradona and Messi.

It is amazing how much fans place on getting the best players in and yet are quite content to hang on to a B+ manager.

Jordan Henderson... not good enough
Jack Wilshere......The same

Only Bale, Pogba and Koke are deemed good enough for City these days. And quite rightly as we have had our fill of the Rodwell's, Sinclair etc

Yet when one of the top 5 managers in the world becomes available ie Ancelotti people are saying no, lets hang on to dear old Manuel. Madness.

robbieh said:
It is amazing how much fans place on getting the best players in and yet are quite content to hang on to a B+ manager.

Jordan Henderson... not good enough
Jack Wilshere......The same

Only Bale, Pogba and Koke are deemed good enough for City these days. And quite rightly as we have had our fill of the Rodwell's, Sinclair etc

Yet when one of the top 5 managers in the world becomes available ie Ancelotti people are saying no, lets hang on to dear old Manuel. Madness.

Ancelotti may be one of the top 5 managers in the world in your opinion but not everyone may share that opinion. Also, if you had not spotted it, our club's criteria for their manager does not apply to every manager in the world's top 5; otherwise we might well have Mourinho as our manager.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.