Discussion: Potential Pellegrini Replacements {merged}

• Thread starter Deleted member 58678
  • Start date
Re: Ancelotti to City??

So the club's just willing to tread water until Pep becomes available?

Even then, there's no guarantee he would come here.

Our club/board is not infallible as some like to pretend.

fbloke said:
City want Pep.

Pep wont be available for 18 months +

Sacking Pellegrini would mean any decent manager wants a 3 year deal.

Would City risk lots of cash and the chance of missing out on Pep by sacking Pellegrini? No I dont think so.

Also a lot of people whom I trust have been told by the club the Pellegrini isn't getting sacked - I know they havent been 100% truthful in the past but the Pellegrini info was cascaded trough the favoured channels very recently.
I clearly believe you about the noises coming out of the club, but suppose the validity depends on how high up the noises come from, vs how high up the ultimate decision maker is in this case.

I can see Txiki taking your stated line, but personally I'd be worried that he will always remain tantalisingly just out of reach. Txiki may have confidently stated we could get Pep when he joined us. If that was the case, would you believe him this time, or would you be worried he might be buying time? I think that's a real question. Someone above him will have to decide the true viability of this endeavor, and weigh up all the possible outcomes.

To make matters more interesting,m I remember it being said that Khaldoon fully intended to stand and fall by the appt.s of Txiki, Ferrain, and Manuel. Which makes the situation even more complicated. Does Khaldoon still believe? I'm not saying he doesn't, but if that were the case, I would think he'd tell SM and fall on his sword - because their relationship goes way beyond this club. Which throws up yet another scenario. What if SM thinks it's Khaldoon who is too important to lose?

I love a bit of intrigue, and there is plenty to come in the following months.

If Pelligrini is to go then I'd prefer a younger manager. I would have liked CA after Mancini but I'm not that enthusiastic now

I think we need a younger manager to go with our (hopefully)younger squad. I don't have any specific names but I feel that we could do with some animation and enthusiasm on the bench. I'm not usually a fan of animated managers but I think our team and supporters could do with it

On a side note - the idea of hiring some sort of stop-gap/caretaker on the strength of Guardiola seamlessly joining us after his Bayern Munich contract runs out, is ridiculous. What if Guardiola gets hit by a bus tomorrow, or more realisticly, just not fancy it in the end, does the club rip up all future plans and start again

Irrespective of whether Real Madrid win the Liga and/or the Champions League, he is likely to be rewarded with the sack. He has run his course at the Bernabeu.

As most will know, both Del Bosque and Capello, were sacked very shortly after winning a league title.

Carlo is looking at alternatives at the moment. Of that I'm sure.

Summerbuzz said:
fbloke said:
City want Pep.

Would City risk lots of cash and the chance of missing out on Pep by sacking Pellegrini? No I dont think so.

Also a lot of people whom I trust have been told by the club the Pellegrini isn't getting sacked - I know they havent been 100% truthful in the past but the Pellegrini info was cascaded trough the favoured channels very recently.
I clearly believe you about the noises coming out of the club, but suppose the validity depends on how high up the noises come from, vs how high up the ultimate decision maker is in this case.

I can see Txiki taking your stated line, but personally I'd be worried that he will always remain tantalisingly just out of reach. Txiki may have confidently stated we could get Pep when he joined us. If that was the case, would you believe him this time, or would you be worried he might be buying time? I think that's a real question. Someone above him will have to decide the true viability of this endeavor, and weigh up all the possible outcomes.

To make matters more interesting,m I remember it being said that Khaldoon fully intended to stand and fall by the appt.s of Txiki, Ferrain, and Manuel. Which makes the situation even more complicated. Does Khaldoon still believe? I'm not saying he doesn't, but if that were the case, I would think he'd tell SM and fall on his sword - because their relationship goes way beyond this club. Which throws up yet another scenario. What if SM thinks it's Khaldoon who is too important to lose?

I love a bit of intrigue, and there is plenty to come in the following months.

Jeez, I've read some pony on here but that takes the biscuit. Khaldoon falling on his sword, lol, that's a classic.

pudge said:

I'm afraid some just don't like to face reality.

As anyone mentioned Pep coming yet, i have heard a few rumours that he will be here either next year, 5 years, 8 years or never, hardly seems worth discussing anyone else, if MP leaves let's have a caretaker till pep comes, pep's good, everyone likes pep, our owners know him by his first name PEP

[bigimg]https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQBkxPeg1X3d18o7OuOSNF07x6njSz9MvALRavFJvFR-SFmPPL-1RCxbgaR[/bigimg]

Re: Discussion: Potential Pellegrini Replacements

BigOscar said:
Mihajlovic? As in the racist, spitting, mate of Arkan? Yeah, that sounds like a likely choice for a club who apparently don't want controversy.

we could take the safer, less controversial option

I hear Jeremy Clarkson is available

pudge said:

Fortunately for us the Owners and the board are successful business people and look at the bigger picture rather than short term.

We are in good hands and these guys do not make Knee Jerk reactions.

fbloke said:
City want Pep.

That's all well and good, on the assumption we have near certain assurances from Guardiola that he wants and intends to join us. It would have to be compelling and consistent evidence to that effect for me to be comfortable with the 'keep MP & wait till 2016' line of thinking

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.