Discussion: Potential Pellegrini Replacements {merged}

• Thread starter Deleted member 58678
  • Start date
Re: Ancelotti to City??

hilts said:
As anyone mentioned Pep coming yet, i have heard a few rumours that he will be here either next year, 5 years, 8 years or never, hardly seems worth discussing anyone else, if MP leaves let's have a caretaker till pep comes, pep's good, everyone likes pep, our owners know him by his first name PEP

[bigimg]https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQBkxPeg1X3d18o7OuOSNF07x6njSz9MvALRavFJvFR-SFmPPL-1RCxbgaR[/bigimg]

I bet he's not even really the messiah - just a very naughty boy probably.

fbloke said:
City want Pep.

Pep wont be available for 18 months +

Sacking Pellegrini would mean any decent manager wants a 3 year deal.

Would City risk lots of cash and the chance of missing out on Pep by sacking Pellegrini? No I dont think so.

Also a lot of people whom I trust have been told by the club the Pellegrini isn't getting sacked - I know they haven't been 100% truthful in the past but the Pellegrini info was cascaded trough the favoured channels very recently.

City may want Pep but it's highly unlikely that he wants us!
Bayern want him to renew - regardless of how they do in the Champions League this season - just do an appropriate Google search.
Also read his Autobiography about where he wants to manage and it's pretty obvious that he's only interested in teams who have "An 'istory".

Blue Mooner said:
This is a semi respected journalist putting 2+2 and getting 5. Clearly a destabilising move at a critical time in our season tbh its disgusting that some blues, which you're not, are even discussing it.

Do you really think that at this level the manager and players are destabilized by this type of talk? They are professionals. Many many people believe that MP deserves to be sacked for a variety of reasons. Its not like this isn't an issue that MP and the entire club are not aware of. And finally, who the fuck are you to decide whether we are true fans. Stuff your "I am bluer that you" shit up your ass.

hilts said:
As anyone mentioned Pep coming yet, i have heard a few rumours that he will be here either next year, 5 years, 8 years or never, hardly seems worth discussing anyone else, if MP leaves let's have a caretaker till pep comes, pep's good, everyone likes pep, our owners know him by his first name PEP

[bigimg]https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQBkxPeg1X3d18o7OuOSNF07x6njSz9MvALRavFJvFR-SFmPPL-1RCxbgaR[/bigimg]
Theo Walcott new city manager ? I heard it first ;p

Re: Discussion: Potential Pellegrini Replacements

Azul Luna said:
In my meaningless opinion, as it stands Pellegrini should be given until his contracts expiry, and then we look for another boss. The club would then probably contact Guardiola.

If he declines however, I would be in favour of another manager like Klopp, Tuchel, De Boer, Koeman or even Vieira. The reason being that even if Pellegrini has a brilliant season next year, the management may become stale (didn't Soriano touch upon this in a interview a year or two back) and also another factor would be Pellegrini's age.

I don't think that Pellegrini is the right man to take us to the next level, but there really isn't anyone available this year, unless Klopp is tempted or Tuchel has sorted out his situation with Mainz, presuming that hasn't been resolved already.

Thats the problem though. He has already declined. If does a repeat performance next year we are screwed. We can't really replace him mid-season (Viera being the only exception). We are in a fight for a top four spot. That is not acceptable. Nothing suggests that MP will change his ways. Thus, IMO keeping him would be very very risky. Not making top 4 (this year or next) would kill us at this stage. Look what it did to the scum. And lets be honest...we don't have their financial power and pull yet (within FFP). We will but not yet. We simply can't afford to give MP another chance.

leech said:
Pellegrini deserves another season at least. We are not a sacking club.

I hate this thread.

Where have you been since Sheikh Mansour bought the club?
- Hughes sacked after 9 games without a win.
- Mancini sacked for getting us to an FA Cup final (Sacked before we played the final in reality).

inbetween said:
When you judge the season you can only question the management. A lot on here argue we had a weak summer window but we didn't. We started off better than last year after the summer window. Fernando is better than Garcia, Mangala is a top defender and the rest were reinforcements for the squad. The problem is, why hasn't Mangala started every game? Why are we starting a 34 year old in Demichelis instead, why are we relying on a 36 year old in Lampard coming on or even starting instead of Milner playing every game. In fact against Burnley Milner couldn't even get on the bench, why?? Yes we had Barcelona to save ourselves for but we lost to Burnley and we lost to Barcelona, it isn't a system that is working is it?

I blame inconsistent selections for this season. Kolarov for example has had a very poor season but he was great last year. These players are not performing because they aren't settling into any kind of form. When you have a different defence and don't play for weeks, you are bound to find it difficult. Mangala and Kompany should of started every single game, the same goes for our full backs and only form or injuries should dictate selection. Instead we see a completely different team every week so there is no competition and there is no connection between each game to gain some form.

The reaction of some players when they have been subbed recently says it all, I think the players have had enough of being rotated and want to play but they are being prevented from doing so.

We need to get either Pep or Simeone for me, both are proven managers and fit very well into making the most out of everything they have.

There is so much in this post that is great. I assume you will get some stick for your Mangala comments but you are spot on. I will quibble with Simeone. Unless Tixki is absolutely convinced he is willing and able to play attacking football, he doesn't fit at City.

FanchesterCity said:
OK... so....

Let's imagine for one moment that City are all in for Pep (forget the how's and why's).
If it's true, and we're so hell bent on getting him, then what's going to happen if a) We can't get him, or b) We do get him and it doesn't work out?

If we can't get him, then we've basically set our stall out for any subsequent manager. They become 'second choice' immediately.
If we do get him and it doesn't work out, there were can City go from there? (other than looking embarrassed and needing a total rethink).

As good (or not) as Pep may be, I do worry we might be setting him up as some messiah to take us to the very top, and that flies in the face of us being a professional machine that's going to the top anyway - it's just a matter of us choosing who we would prefer at the helm.

IF Ancelotti became available in the summer, I think City would have a genuine dilemma. To pass him over would need some amazing assurances that Pep was coming, and I just can't see such assurances ever being given.

Agree completely. Lets remember Pep snubbed us once. Why do we think he will come in another year? He had a chance to take a team that went on to win a double. We are now (and were when he choose Bayern) a big team. If he was going to come to City eventually, why wouldn't he have come then? It's not as if we were a team that was in transition that needed a couple of years to straighten things out before Pep could take the helm.

BlueDeadHead said:
Blue Mooner said:
This is a semi respected journalist putting 2+2 and getting 5. Clearly a destabilising move at a critical time in our season tbh its disgusting that some blues, which you're not, are even discussing it.

Do you really think that at this level the manager and players are destabilized by this type of talk? They are professionals. Many many people believe that MP deserves to be sacked for a variety of reasons. Its not like this isn't an issue that MP and the entire club are not aware of. And finally, who the fuck are you to decide whether we are true fans. Stuff your "I am bluer that you" shit up your ass.
Most blues have dismissed these rumours as rubbish. leave the Utd fans to it. If it entertains them then so be it.

Exchanges like this are exactly what they are looking for. Well done. We're in for a whole lot more of this rubbish. Another week of this interminable international week

NZBlue said:
BigOscar said:
Mihajlovic? As in the racist, spitting, mate of Arkan? Yeah, that sounds like a likely choice for a club who apparently don't want controversy.

we could take the safer, less controversial option

I hear Jeremy Clarkson is available

No way. Di Canio is nailed on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.