Discussion: Potential Pellegrini Replacements {merged}

• Thread starter Deleted member 58678
  • Start date
Re: Discussion: Potential Pellegrini Replacements

FantasyIreland said:
My feelings......I would like to replace Pellegrini with a more inspiring and 'energetic' manager who can bring fresh ideas to the team,however......if that candidate isn't available,we stick for now.

Exactly. Just reading the other thread (the one about Carlo) and I'm surprised how many people are getting edgy about the entire Guardiola thing and making up shit about how he's been fucking us around. He's done nothing of the sort, he joined Bayern before we sacked Mancini. More importantly like you say, replacing Pellegrini will require the next guy to have certain characteristics - important ones which only a few managers have. Those guys aren't seemingly available this summer. So we stick.

Re: Ancelotti to City??

We may not agree with his tactical tinkering with the squad and formation this year, me included. But I reckon he will be staying for the final year of his contract.

But I also believe that the club will get the players needed to push forward and give Pellegrini the best shot in his final season to bring home more silverware

BlueMoonz1977 said:
We may not agree with his tactical tinkering with the squad and formation this year, me included. But I reckon he will be staying for the final year of his contract.

But I also believe that the club will get the players needed to push forward and give Pellegrini the best shot in his final season to bring home more silverware

thats all well and good but he will rotate those players and go out of 2 cups early. thats the two easiest bits of silverware gone.

BobKowalski said:
fbloke said:
City want Pep.

Pep wont be available for 18 months +

Sacking Pellegrini would mean any decent manager wants a 3 year deal.

Would City risk lots of cash and the chance of missing out on Pep by sacking Pellegrini? No I dont think so.

Also a lot of people whom I trust have been told by the club the Pellegrini isn't getting sacked - I know they havent been 100% truthful in the past but the Pellegrini info was cascaded trough the favoured channels very recently.

Well I'm sold. Nothing beats contacts who lie to you.

Pep won't be available for 18 or 24 or 36 months or this side of fucking never.

I don't have an issue if the board want to stick with Pellers but don't leave him hanging in the wind running down his contract. Every indifferent result and every presser/article and opinion piece will be about how Pellers is finding difficult to motivate the squad given the players know he won't be around next year yada, yada.

And how the hell can we plan squad balance and restructuring without everyone involved being on the same page or having some stake in the process? "Manual. Do you think we should sign Bale?" "Sign who you fucking like I'm out of here in 10 months".

And all season we will be on Pep watch and is he or isn't he or maybe he is going to ManU or back to Barca or maybe on his fucking hols for another 12 months the lazy sod. I'm starting to get sick of Pep and he isn't even close to joining. Pep will go down as the only man who fucked up the management of a club without ever actually being the manager.

There is quite a bit of truth in what you say Bob. If we don't renew the contract and he stays on it would be a bit like the last couple of years of a second term US president. Everyone knows that they are a lame duck and basically they are politically impotent.

The subtext of the current debate seems to be that we are putting all our eggs in the Pep basket because there is no viable alternative. Of course there are alternatives, many of whom are young managers who I am sure would do a fine job with City.

I like Pellegrini, but he has made a lot of mistakes this season. I am certain that Soriano would not be happy with the way the season has played out. There are so many games where we have thrown away points. Ultimately the buck has to stop with Pellegrini. That is the reality of modern football.

I note on the podcasts the last couple of weeks the lads have been unanimous in the view that Pellegrini won't be around next season. I think a lot does depend on how we finish off the season. If we can finish second with a strong finish to the season, then I think there is a case for keeping him on. If we stutter over the finishing line, then I think there is a good chance that he will be replaced.

I am in the camp that would like to see generational change. A younger, more energetic and flexible manager, with fresh ideas. As an example I like the way Pocettino has Tottenham playing. I am not advocating him, but there are young managers out there. It's just a matter of trusting one of them.

leech said:
Sorry but I'm more inclined to believe Di Marzio than Tolmie.

I expect we're chatting to a lot of managers - Simeone, Ancelotti, Guardiola, Klopp etc - just in case we decide to dispense with Pellegrini.

Ancelotti's agent has gone public with our chats so that he can drum up some competing interest to strengthen his negotiating hand, and obviously we're going to deny this to anyone who asks because Pellegrini is still in charge.

OB1 said:
robbieh said:
It is amazing how much fans place on getting the best players in and yet are quite content to hang on to a B+ manager.

Jordan Henderson... not good enough
Jack Wilshere......The same

Only Bale, Pogba and Koke are deemed good enough for City these days. And quite rightly as we have had our fill of the Rodwell's, Sinclair etc

Yet when one of the top 5 managers in the world becomes available ie Ancelotti people are saying no, lets hang on to dear old Manuel. Madness.

Ancelotti may be one of the top 5 managers in the world in your opinion but not everyone may share that opinion. Also, if you had not spotted it, our club's criteria for their manager does not apply to every manager in the world's top 5; otherwise we might well have Mourinho as our manager.
Indeed, personally I think sacking Pellegrini and bringing in Ancelotti would be horrible business. We'd cement ourselves forevermore as a sacking club - big turn off to the truly elite managers when they come around - and considering we already have a Premier League champion and Champions League semi-finalist (with a comparatively weak club) as our manager, is Ancelotti really that good that we simply have to hire him? Survived 2 seasons at Chelsea and (probably) Real Madrid...

Why is it a case of believing me or Di Marzio?

I have posted from what is coming out at the City end. He is seemingly reporting from the Ancelotti agent camp.

City are insistent the agent is trying to position him in the marketplace.

Di Marzio is being lauded for stating Mancini was out and Pellegrini was in of April 2013?

He could have read that on here from the January onwards. Mancini was toast as of December.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
leech said:

I expect we're chatting to a lot of managers - Simeone, Ancelotti, Guardiola, Klopp etc - just in case we decide to dispense with Pellegrini.

Ancelotti's agent has gone public with our chats so that he can drum up some competing interest to strengthen his negotiating hand, and obviously we're going to deny this to anyone who asks because Pellegrini is still in charge.

OB1 said:
Ancelotti may be one of the top 5 managers in the world in your opinion but not everyone may share that opinion. Also, if you had not spotted it, our club's criteria for their manager does not apply to every manager in the world's top 5; otherwise we might well have Mourinho as our manager.
Indeed, personally I think sacking Pellegrini and bringing in Ancelotti would be horrible business. We'd cement ourselves forevermore as a sacking club - big turn off to the truly elite managers when they come around - and considering we already have a Premier League champion and Champions League semi-finalist (with a comparatively weak club) as our manager, is Ancelotti really that good that we simply have to hire him? Survived 2 seasons at Chelsea and (probably) Real Madrid...

I have posted from what is coming out at the City end. He is seemingly reporting from the Ancelotti agent camp.

Di Marzio is being lauded for stating Mancini was out and Pellegrini was in of April 2013?

He could have read that on here from the January onwards. Mancini was toast as of December.

Mancini didn't realize it but did any of the players know in December?

.A. said:
As somebody previously pointed out, his title winning credentials are second rate; one Scudetto during his time at Milan wasn't good enough, considering he had the strongest squad post-Calciopoli and even spent his last season there coaching in the Europa League because they finished outside of the CL places in his penultimate one.

He has it in him, like a Wenger or Pellegrini, to oversee the odd league victory but ultimately what we want to be looking for is either a ruthless winner ala Simeone or Capello circa 1995, or a master of youth development to lay the foundations of our future success, and he is neither.

I'm not entirely sure about him either, I'm not aware if he joined that great Milan side after it was built or he put it together but it had some cracking players. One Serie A title sounds shit when you consider the team he had at his disposal. His Euro success is top notch though, could have had another if it wasn't for that Istanbul night.

I think he's gone in Madrid, personally can't see Barca slipping up in the league and I see either Bayern or Barca winning the UCL. Ronaldo hasn't looked entirely happy this season and Bale is coming under some heavy criticism from fans and apparently the board behind closed doors.

robbieh said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
leech said:

Mancini knew it. That's why he started talking to Monaco and the Russian Federation from January.

Mancini had signed a new deal and couldn't lose.

Not so sure which City players might have known, but some of our targets were certainly in the loop. Txiki began negotiations for Navas in the February.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
robbieh said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Mancini knew it. That's why he started talking to Monaco and the Russian Federation from January.

Mancini had signed a new deal and couldn't lose.

Not so sure which City players might have known, but some of our targets were certainly in the loop. Txiki began negotiations for Navas in the February.

That explains why the defence of our first title was so lacklustre. In effect Txiki was saying sod this season let's start again in August. The question is whether it's acceptable to do this sort of thing mid season as it is bound to affect what happens on the field.

The way we have been playing since Christmas this year would suggest Pellegrini knows he's for the chop. If not what's his excuse.

Basically feel decisions should be made as soon as the season ends. Especially given managers tend not to stay around that long these days. Do we want every other season to be a poor one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.