Discussion: Potential Pellegrini Replacements {merged}

• Thread starter Deleted member 58678
  • Start date
Of course Vieira is gonna have their support,he's one of the lads......

I really don't think he yet has the attributes required,such an internal,unexperienced appointment rarely works.It could even ruin any potential/relationship.

Klopp or Pep,and maybe others.....have to be considered way ahead of Paddy.

Are we really saying that Txiki is fireproof in terms of his own performance?

Surely, if we are prepared to wait 12 months because of his relationship with Txiki, then what happens if he fucks up on the market again this summer and the team and Pellegrini sink like a stone?

Txiki's judgement has already been called into question.

I would find it highly doubtful he would retain his own job if he wasted £100m plus without any discernable improvement.

Pep won't come if his mate ain't around anymore, that's the folly of trying to hope everything will just fall into place.

Txiki needs Pep this summer to make him 'fireproof'.

In 12 months time, who knows if Txiki will still be at the club?

tolmie's hairdoo said:

Surely, if we are prepared to wait 12 months because of his relationship with Txiki, then what happens if he fucks up on the market again this summer and the team and Pellegrini sink like a stone?

I would find it highly doubtful he would retain his own job if he wasted £100m plus without any discernable improvement.

Pep won't come if his mate ain't around anymore, that's the folly of trying to hope everything will just fall into place.

Interesting points.

You do have to question whether we really can affords to wait a season for Pep with no actual guarantees that he will choose to manage us.

We are at a crossroads this summer where Arsenal could overtake us in regards to quality and challenging for the title etc..

tolmie's hairdoo said:

Hope there is something in this TH because we need to act now/summer as this is a massive summer for us in terms of changing the team.

Either we get Pep for next season or Klopp or Ancelotti no more let's wait and see

halfcenturyup said:
Each player is different, of course.

I guess we are are talking Toure, Nasri and Dzeko. These are the three Brennan pointed the club's finger at last week (and who all finished the game against Albion, by the way). Nasri, has some value probably but not worth the mood-swing hassle. Dzeko no, not with the "new" style the club has. Maybe I would like to see the old Yaya again under a different manager, or even in a different formation under Pellegrini. Keep Pellegrini and play the same formation and Toure should go.

But that isn't what i was saying. My point is that the players haven't downed tools, they aren't too old old and they are not less hungry for success, any more than they didn't/weren't two years ago (apart from the Cup final which was an almost perfect demonstration of how not to manage change). That characterisation is just one that suits the club (and when I say club, I mean Soriano. I doubt Khaldoon will say anything about that, or any major effect of FFP, in his annual review). There is more at play here, and that includes systems, formations, management decisions as well as motivation, confidence of the players.

As I said earlier, there are always two sides to any problem. The players have to take some responsibility, but so do the management team.

Mister Appointment said:
It's not about making excuses. It's about analysing the drop in intensity from last season and figuring out why. Obviously we did the double so that's two more trophies.

Let's skin the cat a different way. If you take the players who've underperformed - how many of them do you think would reinvigorated with a different manager and how many would you trust through another PL and CL campaign?

Don't disagree. Who cops the blame is as much about what is politically convenient at the time of the inquest. Two years ago it was politically expedient to lump the blame on Mancini given he wasn't Ferran's guy so no downside. This time around there will be a lot more finger pointing at the players if only because Peller's is their guy and that's the way these things work.

Peller's will still get the boot mind it's just that there will be lots of back slapping and what a great guy he is as they gently push him out of the exit door. Not that it will be much consolation to him as jobless is still fucking jobless no matter how you tart it up.

BobKowalski said:
halfcenturyup said:
Each player is different, of course.

I guess we are are talking Toure, Nasri and Dzeko. These are the three Brennan pointed the club's finger at last week (and who all finished the game against Albion, by the way). Nasri, has some value probably but not worth the mood-swing hassle. Dzeko no, not with the "new" style the club has. Maybe I would like to see the old Yaya again under a different manager, or even in a different formation under Pellegrini. Keep Pellegrini and play the same formation and Toure should go.

But that isn't what i was saying. My point is that the players haven't downed tools, they aren't too old old and they are not less hungry for success, any more than they didn't/weren't two years ago (apart from the Cup final which was an almost perfect demonstration of how not to manage change). That characterisation is just one that suits the club (and when I say club, I mean Soriano. I doubt Khaldoon will say anything about that, or any major effect of FFP, in his annual review). There is more at play here, and that includes systems, formations, management decisions as well as motivation, confidence of the players.

As I said earlier, there are always two sides to any problem. The players have to take some responsibility, but so do the management team.

Mister Appointment said:
It's not about making excuses. It's about analysing the drop in intensity from last season and figuring out why. Obviously we did the double so that's two more trophies.

Let's skin the cat a different way. If you take the players who've underperformed - how many of them do you think would reinvigorated with a different manager and how many would you trust through another PL and CL campaign?

Don't disagree. Who cops the blame is as much about what is politically convenient at the time of the inquest. Two years ago it was politically expedient to lump the blame on Mancini given he wasn't Ferran's guy so no downside. This time around there will be a lot more finger pointing at the players if only because Peller's is their guy and that's the way these things work.

Peller's will still get the boot mind it's just that there will be lots of back slapping and what a great guy he is as they gently push him out of the exit door. Not that it will be much consolation to him as jobless is still fucking jobless no matter how you tart it up.

Jobless who can still afford the luxury of his current life style which is different to jobless and not having a pot to piss in.

He would be back in work sooner or later anyway

I don't know where this quote is coming from. If it is a mashed together quote from some chats with players, i would be more concerned if they said he wouldn't have their support if he was appointed.

If it is club leaked, then maybe it's Begiristain and Soriano preparing the ground for their scenario number 2 when Pep doesn't come this summer and which will likely face opposition I would imagine.

LoveCity said:
The players wanting Vieira would be something that should cause concern, not delight. If the players have any say in the next manager, there is something fundamentally wrong at the club with player power. I'm sure they are all friendly with Vieira but it should have no bearing on the appointment, which I still believe should be a world class coach because we are not yet established enough to be taking risks. We're nothing in Europe, closer to laughing stocks than serious threats, and a coach who can get us in the latter stages of that competition (while challenging domestically) should be the priority.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.