Discussion: Txiki Begiristain (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I presume the players bought include some currently running around in the academy. One or two of them become stars, another half dozen get sold off for profit. It could all look very different in a couple of years.

That's why it's foolish to judge a transfer policy just a year or two into it.

Personally I think Martin Samuels having a pop at Txiki's record in the Mail today is spot on.
£172m for Fernandinho (who lets be honest is a little on the old side at £32m) and a good substitute (Navas) to stretch a tiring opposition. But the rest of the spend has delivered feck all long term for the first team.

Samuels has a number of hobby horses that he periodically brings out. FFP is the most obvious but he also has a downer on DoF's generally. Its one of his recurring themes.

cibaman said:
Samuels has a number of hobby horses that he periodically brings out. FFP is the most obvious but he also has a downer on DoF's generally. Its one of his recurring themes.

Standard British Dinosaur. FFP because a Frenchman introduced it. DoF because it's continental.

Mister Appointment said:
cibaman said:

Standard British Dinosaur. FFP because a Frenchman introduced it. DoF because it's continental.
He's not alone in his complaints regarding FFP, there's many others, from journalists to owners who don't agree that it's been implemented correctly - not all British.
His stance on DoF is also one which is shared by many others. I see the positives and negatives in the model as I do with a more traditional way of running a club. It's not so cut and dry as to which model works best, the teams which have a long history of success who have turned to a DoF are just as likely to have continued to pick up silverware had they decided not to. They've long had the pick of the best players, they've established themselves, have rich history's and will continue to generate the most revenue. That's what wins you leagues, always has and always will. Sure other domestic trophies are scattered about but if we look through Europes top flight divisions there aren't many shocks.

Mister Appointment said:
cibaman said:

This.

For FFS he is considering West Ham as most atractive club to manage in Europe apart from elite and is suggesting they go after Klopp. Lol.

bitsmith said:
Mister Appointment said:
cibaman said:

This.

For FFS he is considering West Ham as most atractive club to manage in Europe apart from elite and is suggesting they go after Klopp. Lol.
He's banging the drum for the team he supports. As much as I don't want to see any bias from journalists when writing about football there's no doubts it's there to see. We suffer ourselves due to the far heavier Utd influence in the North West press pack and I don't mind admitting it does my head in on occasion.
In the instance you've pointed to though he isn't doing anything any of us wouldn't given the chance to big up our club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.