Discussion: Txiki Begiristain (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something to take in when I was reading an article about him:

"Begiristain’s record at Barcelona includes the embarrassing signing of Dmytro Chygrynskiy for €25m, with the defender returning to Shakhtar Donetsk for a cut-price fee just a year later having played only 12 La Liga matches.

He also negotiated the deal that brought Zlatan Ibrahimovic to Barcelona for €46m fee plus Samuel Eto’o, who was valued at €20m. A year later, Eto’o had won the treble with Inter while Ibrahimovic was loaned out to AC Milan after falling out with Guardiola."

I remember that ibrahimovic transfer and thinking Milan had their pants down.

middleton___blue said:
mosssideblue said:
Wio Gumflapdinand said:
Don't be stupid asking posters to name who, it's Txixi job to identify who and he's clearly not doing a good job. I'd like to see your answer on how and who you think we are getting value for money from?
The guys fucking incompetent at his job, either that our he's deliberately fucking our squad up, €60 million on reserves.
It's under his stewardship that the average age of the squad has got to where it's at by signing players past their peak, and not moving on players and replacing with adequate younger models. Yaya should have gone last summer and Dzeko too and we would have got a far better price than we will now, probably twice as much. That money along with the other he wasted could have got a one or two genuine class additions.
He's paid well enough to do his job and when he doesn't see the obvious then he shouldn't be in the bloody job

Why is it stupid. He called out we bought shite, then he is more than capabke of saying who we should have bought. As for the remainder of your post, that is eually poor. Compared to those guys I suspect you know the square root of fuck all when it comes to talent spotting. So best leave it to those who make a professional living from it dont you think.
He's doing excellent so far though isnt he? Our players have stood out like sanchez for arse and fabregas for chavs havent thet? Just wake up mate, and realise that they play a huge part of this mess.
Why do you keep saying THEY' it just makes you look like you don't know what your talking about?Maybe you dont

MaineRoadBlue said:
mosssideblue said:
MaineRoadBlue said:
Knew these 2 were trouble from the off. Why? Because they are sly fuckers, that's why. Started with the unsanctioned sale of Balotelli, that completely undermined Mancini.

A deliberate press titbit on the eve of the 2013 Cup Final cost us a trophy (probably the folowing Community Shield too) and ultimately led to Mancini's departure.

The transfer dealings have been a fucking disaster and to be quite honest, they have done nothing positive that wouldn't have occurred anyway. We failed FFP despite assurances we'd pass and on the whole, since they have arrived, they have managed to slow down, change and almost anchor what was a momentum laiden super tanker heading in the right direction into a rusting hulk sat clueless in still water, whilst our competitors have sailed away.

I stood at Wembley during that 2013 whilst Abide with Me was played, holding a Banner that said 'Spanish Duo Go Home, Mancini Must Stay' and time has proved me right.

God I hate that sly horrible pair of useless twats.

To you, maybe to others not so.

Would you like to explain who and why they have been disastrous

If you need me to explain that to you then your incapable of understanding anyway so I won't waste my time!

Folks, Did he seriously ask that question?

What a childish remark, something that 5 year old so at school - miss, miss Johnny said this. That's what they do to try and gather some favouritsm - Grow up ffs.

You are saying that our transfer dealing have been shite, but again you are refusing to say who we have bought who substantiates that claim, rather just jumping on a scapegoat bandwagon which is what people do when they have no real argument of their own.

So yes, I did ask that question, so go and ask teacher what to write next.

mosssideblue said:
de niro said:
mosssideblue said:
Lets see the source of your claim that Pellers doesn't like Bony.

Again, where have we wasted money?

why else would the manager pick a faltering edin once a motivated bony arrived at the club. edin, and i love him, has been dogshit this season. every man and his dog knows that.

we have wasted money on sagna, shame cos i thought he would have done a job. fernando for the money was a big risk, well when you only have so much money you dont do risks.
mangala i think will come good, he ticks all the boxes, the problem is he isn't premiership ready. the same was levelled quite rightly at nastasic only he didn't cost 30 odd million.
by all means ship out garcia, barry, lescott and nasty but you replace them with better players ffs, we haven't done that.
in time all our buys could come good but we dont have time, this is the premier league and we are defending our title, something every one wants to take off us. it would have been better to keep the squad we had and just add one top notch player, spend the same amount by all means but spend it on one player, a player that would add to our squad not weaken it. i thought we'd learn from the shambles of the previous summer when we bought rodwell and co but in true city style we did even worse.

I agree Edin has been poor, but that doesn't mean Pellers doesn't like Bony (does it). Bony as we know is now injured. He may have been carrying a knock and Pellers would rather have a fully fit player over risking agrevating an injury (maybe).

Sagna was on a free so not sure of your argument there.

Fernando was scouted for over a year and so the professionals saw something we haven't, His cost was around £12 m if irc.

Mangala needs game time, but I expect him to thrive.

Its just opinions on whether we have improved on those we shipped out but IMO

Lescott had little pace and even less ability with the ball at his feet
Garcia was starting to show promise but wasn't the quickest
Nasty could not come to terms with our high line way of playing and unable to track back at pace.

All in all, I think we have bought wisely

Strange argument re. Fernando - just because he was scouted for a year doesn't mean he was a wise buy?

Defend certain buys, but to make a blanket remark that we have 'bought wisely' is half glass full stuff beyond belief. Who have we bought, Dinho aside (and probably Demi) that has actually improved us, or at least improved us to where we should be?

Wish I could blame WUMming Rags for some of the shite on this thread but I can't.
The level of short term thinking and ignorance displayed here is sickening.

dancity19 said:
mosssideblue said:
de niro said:
why else would the manager pick a faltering edin once a motivated bony arrived at the club. edin, and i love him, has been dogshit this season. every man and his dog knows that.

we have wasted money on sagna, shame cos i thought he would have done a job. fernando for the money was a big risk, well when you only have so much money you dont do risks.
mangala i think will come good, he ticks all the boxes, the problem is he isn't premiership ready. the same was levelled quite rightly at nastasic only he didn't cost 30 odd million.
by all means ship out garcia, barry, lescott and nasty but you replace them with better players ffs, we haven't done that.
in time all our buys could come good but we dont have time, this is the premier league and we are defending our title, something every one wants to take off us. it would have been better to keep the squad we had and just add one top notch player, spend the same amount by all means but spend it on one player, a player that would add to our squad not weaken it. i thought we'd learn from the shambles of the previous summer when we bought rodwell and co but in true city style we did even worse.

I agree Edin has been poor, but that doesn't mean Pellers doesn't like Bony (does it). Bony as we know is now injured. He may have been carrying a knock and Pellers would rather have a fully fit player over risking agrevating an injury (maybe).

Fernando was scouted for over a year and so the professionals saw something we haven't, His cost was around £12 m if irc.

Nasty could not come to terms with our high line way of playing and unable to track back at pace.

Strange argument re. Fernando - just because he was scouted for a year doesn't mean he was a wise buy?

Defend certain buys, but to make a blanket remark that we have 'bought wisely' is half glass full stuff beyond belief. Who have we bought, Dinho aside (and probably Demi) that has actually improved us, or at least improved us to where we should be?

Our hands were tied last year with FFP so we had to be shrewd in our dealings, and could only look at short term options in several cases.

Sagna has proven to be able to play at our level and was free - so IMO a good deal
Fernando showed his ability in game one against the Chavs. IMHO he has been the scapegoat and dragged down by others not performing and expecting him to sweep everything up - again, I would say for £12m, not a bad buy, but needs better support from those around him as proven in his debut
Lamps - again, on a free and a shrewd short term piece of business.
Mangala - Has played both ends of the spectrum (really good, and really poor). It's in him, we just need to minimise his errors, which given time, will surely happen. Overpriced,maybe, but not his fault.
Bony - Losing Negredo meant we needed a replacement. For the money paid, he should continue to deliver in the PL

Sagna and Lamps will be off this summer (along with others), so we will need to wait to see what pans out before judging again. What I wont do is moan if we dont get the stellar names we are alledgedly looking at as reality says, you cannot secure the services of everone you want.

Half full always, overly so is not for me to judge

dancity19 said:
mosssideblue said:
de niro said:

The Mangala & Fernando deal reeks. At least Sagna was a free,but we could have at least tried to get Song on loan instead and rather than spending £13 mill on him and £25 mil on Bony bought Sanchez and please don't quote the party line that he turned us down befire,or he wanted London.The reason might be Tixxi and Soriano are despised and hated by Barcelona.

VOOMER said:
dancity19 said:
mosssideblue said:

The Mangala & Fernando deal reeks. At least Sagna was a free,but we could have at least tried to get Song on loan instead and rather than spending £13 mill on him and £25 mil on Bony bought Sanchez and please don't quote the party line that he turned us down befire,or he wanted London.The reason might be Tixxi and Soriano are despised and hated by Barcelona.
The same Song that West Ham don't want to buy because he can't be arsed most games? Sounds a good idea.

I can see though, how you might not like the two people that have two very different roles at the club if you refuse to listen to anything other than "it's all their fault".

Maybe Alexis didnt want to live in the NW, maybe having been burned once we didnt want to go back.

Sounds as feasible as "everyone hates our CEO and Director of Football".

mosssideblue said:
dancity19 said:
mosssideblue said:

Our hands were tied last year with FFP so we had to be shrewd in our dealings, and could only look at short term options in several cases.

Sagna has proven to be able to play at our level and was free - so IMO a good deal
Fernando showed his ability in game one against the Chavs. IMHO he has been the scapegoat and dragged down by others not performing and expecting him to sweep everything up - again, I would say for £12m, not a bad buy, but needs better support from those around him as proven in his debut
Lamps - again, on a free and a shrewd short term piece of business.
Mangala - Has played both ends of the spectrum (really good, and really poor). It's in him, we just need to minimise his errors, which given time, will surely happen. Overpriced,maybe, but not his fault.
Bony - Losing Negredo meant we needed a replacement. For the money paid, he should continue to deliver in the PL

Sagna and Lamps will be off this summer (along with others), so we will need to wait to see what pans out before judging again. What I wont do is moan if we dont get the stellar names we are alledgedly looking at as reality says, you cannot secure the services of everone you want.

Half full always, overly so is not for me to judge
I don't think we bought shrewdly. We spent an awful lot of money on low profile players. The £32 million on Mangala is an absolute joke. Don't care if he turns out to be the best centre back ever to play for City there can be know reason whatsoever to have paid that amount of money. Makes the Jolean Lescott transfer fee look like a bargain

mosssideblue said:
Wio Gumflapdinand said:
mosssideblue said:
Without substantiation, that post is pathetic.

Who should we have bought then, that was available, in our price constraints and wanted to come to City

I look forward to hear your answer.
Don't be stupid asking posters to name who, it's Txixi job to identify who and he's clearly not doing a good job. I'd like to see your answer on how and who you think we are getting value for money from?
The guys fucking incompetent at his job, either that our he's deliberately fucking our squad up, €60 million on reserves.
It's under his stewardship that the average age of the squad has got to where it's at by signing players past their peak, and not moving on players and replacing with adequate younger models. Yaya should have gone last summer and Dzeko too and we would have got a far better price than we will now, probably twice as much. That money along with the other he wasted could have got a one or two genuine class additions.
He's paid well enough to do his job and when he doesn't see the obvious then he shouldn't be in the bloody job

Why is it stupid. He called out we bought shite, then he is more than capabke of saying who we should have bought. As for the remainder of your post, that is eually poor. Compared to those guys I suspect you know the square root of fuck all when it comes to talent spotting. So best leave it to those who make a professional living from it dont you think.
Considering a poll in one of the national papers has Txixi getting a whopping 90% for who's to blame for where we are I'll take that as evidence that you know the square root of fuck all when it comes to spotting a incompetent clown...probably because you are one yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.