Disgrace???

Let's be honest, it was a s*** MUEN article from the start to finish. Mike Keegan at his best.

From start to finish journalistic licence evident.

With this being the best bit.

And although they announce sell-outs there are always empty seats

jrb said:
Let's be honest, it was a s*** MUEN article from the start to finish. Mike Keegan at his best.

From start to finish journalistic licence evident.

With this being the best bit.

And although they announce sell-outs there are always empty seats

Mike Keegan and best should not be used in the same sentence!

Eccles Blue said:
I take it that they will be taxed on this 'perk' as well, in the same way that waiters get taxed on tips, people get taxed on company cars etc. so maybe they will end up paying less tax. And paying tax on it makes it less free, if that makes sense?

This is one I am 50-50 on because it is a bit much suddenly saying that they are going to take this away from them but why 2 anyway? Why not just one for the member of staff?

But I can't see anyone giving up a good job because they are losing what is basically a bonus can you?

Once again we get half a story and probably an exaggerated one at that.

What is the betting they have not/don't pay tax on it as a benefit in kind?

I work at Sainsbury's and as well as minimum wage i get 10% off whatever I buy in store.
Now this is a fair bonus. It's not ridiculously brilliant but it adds an incentive to work there and I'm happy.

These people got two free season tickets, you think about how much you pay for 1 season ticket and just for giving the fans a burger or begrudgingly giving them a hot chocolate they got themselves 2 free season tickets.
Personally I think that is completely above and beyond the call of duty from City and for something like this to be expected is quite frankly an unwarranted level of deservedness from this single member of staff.
It's not even like they're completely removing the incentive to work there, or even the employee's benefits. 50% off seasons tickets is surely more than fair.

As far as the 'Yes but it's been in place so long now it's sort of the package,' You're talking about a benefit, a little extra stapled on to say thank you in sheer generosity from the place you work. To actually expect something of this level from any employer is absurd.

Also in all honesty I bet a lot of people didn't know about this benefit and there will be a surge of people applying to work there, I know I'll give it a go

stadiumcat said:
Eccles Blue said:
I take it that they will be taxed on this 'perk' as well, in the same way that waiters get taxed on tips, people get taxed on company cars etc. so maybe they will end up paying less tax. And paying tax on it makes it less free, if that makes sense?

This is one I am 50-50 on because it is a bit much suddenly saying that they are going to take this away from them but why 2 anyway? Why not just one for the member of staff?

But I can't see anyone giving up a good job because they are losing what is basically a bonus can you?

Once again we get half a story and probably an exaggerated one at that.

What is the betting they have not/don't pay tax on it as a benefit in kind?

bet they will now
wtup8k.gif
are everywhere

BringBackSwales said:
oakiecokie said:
IanBishopsHaircut said:
That was an advert placed in the MUEN by Bobby Manc because it was a local paper...what the fuck has that got to do with them?

Had nothing to do with that.If you bothered to read the MEN today,you would see a wonderful stort ref Bobby and the fans.Fuck all to do with an advert.So a local paper is running a story about disgruntled employees and suddenly its a negative non story.
Take the rough with the smooth.Thats what papers do,run good and shit stories.My daughter had a doll many years ago and aptly I can recognise the name of the doll on this forum with some people.
It was called Tiny Tears !!

-- Wed May 29, 2013 3:12 pm --

BringBackSwales said:
I notice the daily fail is running with it as well now; well it's not like them to jump on a negative story about City is it?

-- Wed May 29, 2013 4:07 pm --

what the fuck are you on about?

We have some of those on this forum,that you can`t deny.Now .... if the cap fits ...

"If the cap fits" what you snide sod - that's at least 2 similar stories in a week from the muen, this one and the one about disabled carers - name me 2 similar ones this week having a pop at united? Also as you have been reading the muen for so long name me any time in its history when the main united reporter has been a Blue - not happened and never will

Well are you certain ? I mean you are making a song and dance about it.By the way both stories have been given by City "Supporters" to the MEN and have NOT come directly from any shit digging by the reporters.Strange,don`t you agree ?? No thought not.
By the way the good stories about Bobby came from non City fans,now that I do find strange.Good news stories about the increase in capacity,wonder who wrote them.Mmmmmm another Rag.Get my drift young man ??
Do you not agree ?? Thought not again.You really need to take the rough with the smooth nand not get so angry,when you see negative stories about City.Its no good for your health !!

Its a benefit they were given as part of their job, every right to be a bit peeved as another poster who works for sainsburys gets 10% off his/her shopping. If that was taken away or reduced to 5% theyd be pissed off

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.