Ditching Sky

Finally got round to ditching sky this week, was paying £60 and that didn't include boxsets or movies, ridiculous really.

They tried to persuade me to stay by offering the same package for £49, told them where to go, when I said that if they could do the whole lot for £35 I'd say, the fella on the phone just basically laughed and said there was no chance.

I just politely said that in that case, they will lose a long-term customer and it's not a very good business model to have.

I have a friend installs Sky systems so hoping he can come up with a friends and family code soon, he gets them once or twice a year, makes it very affordable.

In the meantime I will read up on the different options available, if anyone can message me via PM an idiots guide to them it would be appreciated !

Bilbo - just search out the kodi thread from aguerooooooooo, it has a link to some you tube vids that explain it all. I was on a friends and family at £25 a month but have binned them off for kodi. Hate sky and their pricing!

I know I will get stick for still be being a subscriber, but am a technophobe and the Kodi stuff is beyond me.
Sky have sent out an email advertising 3 months half price mutv subscription.
Cheeky bastards.
Needless to say I have emailed back telling them a where to shove it.

good man

Got rid of my Sky today. I was on a deal of €65 a month for 12 months which was going up to €130 a month. I purchased a zgemma recordable box and a similar non recordable box for the bedroom for €200 for both. Been running them the last week to get used to them and they are suberb with the zgemma having a carbon copy of the Sky layout with tons more channels. Dunno how I'd not heard of these boxes before. No more monthly bill happy days

Got rid of my Sky today. I was on a deal of €65 a month for 12 months which was going up to €130 a month. I purchased a zgemma recordable box and a similar non recordable box for the bedroom for €200 for both. Been running them the last week to get used to them and they are suberb with the zgemma having a carbon copy of the Sky layout with tons more channels. Dunno how I'd not heard of these boxes before. No more monthly bill happy days

I'm tempted by the zgemma. Do you literally just plug in the cable that went into your Sky box and it's good to go? We're on Virgin but we still have a Sky dish from the previous owners. How is it for channels? What do you get on it? I currently stream sports etc through a PC using Kodi which is pretty decent but always on the lookout for better.

I would love to ditch Sky, their customer service sucks but the wife wants it for all the discover channels :(

I'm tempted by the zgemma. Do you literally just plug in the cable that went into your Sky box and it's good to go? We're on Virgin but we still have a Sky dish from the previous owners. How is it for channels? What do you get on it? I currently stream sports etc through a PC using Kodi which is pretty decent but always on the lookout for better.
I use the ZGemma star 2S as my main receiver, can't fault it, and for streaming as a backup the firestick with agueeeeeeros BM build installed.
Gemma cost me £150 installed inc 12mth gift.
Firestick =£35.

You can use the dish and the Virgin line and litually have every channel from both providers.. I bought a ZGemma H2H with SKy and Virgin gifts 1 year for £260 with 500meg Hard Drive.. Awesome bit of kit and only £100 a year to renew I even have all the Ireland Sky channels for the 3pms

You don't need to spend that much if you just want Sky or Virgin I'm just greedy!!

Nice one. Did you need anyone to fit it for you or is it relatively plug and play?
A chap I know came and set it all up for me, I've been dealing with him for a couple of years and he's available for any issues. You can get them yourself delivered fully loaded and just slot it in where the skybox was. You need a dish and broadband .

I use the ZGemma star 2S as my main receiver, can't fault it, and for streaming as a backup the firestick with agueeeeeeros BM build installed.
Gemma cost me £150 installed inc 12mth gift.
Firestick =£35.

I'm ZGemma curious! I have a sky box / dish etc. Do i just buy one of these and swp it for the sky box? What channels would i get from scratch? I can see it can be programmed with skins etc, do i need to 'program it' in order to pick up sports channels ?

As above I have Kodi but it is not a perfect solution, A ZGemma box is £72.49 from here > http://www.zgemma.co.uk/

Would that get me Sly sports from the get go?

What does the yearly fee get you and who do you pay it to?

PM me if more apt!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.