Divorce on the rise UK

As we get older we drive different cars, dress differently, move house, change jobs, go on different holidays. Likewise with relationships, people change. If you both change and grow closer then that’s great but if you don’t then move on, it’s a short life and there is not enough time to be unhappy, bored or fed up.
When i was going through the divorce, i remember one relative in her 60s/70s going on that in her day marriage was worked at, they didnt just give up, made a commitment etc blah blah.

I just looked at her , knowing for a fact, they were both miserable as sin in their marriage . What was the point?

As we get older we drive different cars, dress differently, move house, change jobs, go on different holidays. Likewise with relationships, people change. If you both change and grow closer then that’s great but if you don’t then move on, it’s a short life and there is not enough time to be unhappy, bored or fed up.

Then don't get married, loyalty is a trait which has less and less value these days.

When i was going through the divorce, i remember one relative in her 60s/70s going on that in her day marriage was worked at, they didnt just give up, made a commitment etc blah blah.

I just looked at her , knowing for a fact, they were both miserable as sin in their marriage . What was the point?

You should play poker if you can read someone that well!

Just going off what both husband and wife had said separately.
Separate rooms.
Constant bickering.

My point was, people are quick to pontificate that you should stay married but not if its making one or the other miserable , lifes too short

Marriage for poor people is a form of real security, not many people (Let's be honest men mostly) can't see themselves knocking about a house share or a bedsit after a break up, there are A LOT of considerations to go to dissolve a long standing partnership where all your wealth is tied up .

Marriage for poor people is a form of real security, not many people (Let's be honest men mostly) can't see themselves knocking about a house share or a bedsit after a break up, there are A LOT of considerations to go to dissolve a long standing partnership where all your wealth is tied up .
True. I came out with £2k from my divorce. We bought a house at the very top of the market with £125k equity in it but following the divorce the market had crashed and after everything came out with £2k each.

I ended up back at my mums then a council flat. Neither of us couldve stayed together just for security and it was absolutely right we split.
My son who is now 23 so only 9 ish at the time says he was much happier when we split up. It was totally amicable as far as he was concerned, our total aim was to keep him happy.

So yes i agree , its very tough for some to take the financial hit. But also money isnt and cant be everything

Just going off what both husband and wife had said separately.
Separate rooms.
Constant bickering.

My point was, people are quick to pontificate that you should stay married but not if its making one or the other miserable , lifes too short

Its choosing the right person, I'm not sure getting married will ever alter that. Life is miserable because as a species we allow it to be so.

Quite simply, Marriage is a gamble, a huge gamble.

Look before you leap is my advice.

You only get ten years for murder.

(I've been married 43 years, guess I've been lucky)

Quite simply, Marriage is a gamble, a huge gamble.

Look before you leap is my advice.

You only get ten years for murder.

(I've been married 43 years, guess I've been lucky)
i wanted one marriage only , long into old age , unfortunately i married twat number one the n twat number two , i will regret my choices to my grave

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.