Divorce on the rise UK

Me and my partner have been together for over 10 years, both in our 40s. No previous marriages or kids.

We've both been in previous relationships that didn't last because the other wanted marriage or kids. We both completely refused and now live happily together with no children and have absolutely no plans to get married. We live in peace and happiness and it's works, funnily enough. The day it doesn't work, thank you and goodbye.

We both come from families full of marriages and divorces.

Keep yourself busy and loneliness soon disappears. We’re finalising numbers for Armenia v Wales in November and you know those dithering are plucking up the courage to ask her. I just booked.

I married at 25. Divorced by 40 and re married.
I think mostly we are very different people at 25 than we are at 40.
As we get older we drive different cars, dress differently, move house, change jobs, go on different holidays. Likewise with relationships, people change. If you both change and grow closer then that’s great but if you don’t then move on, it’s a short life and there is not enough time to be unhappy, bored or fed up.

I tend to keep the kind of friendships where we don’t see each other particularly often but just pick up from where we left off whenever we do. I think nothing of them not being free when I’m near and will see them again.

An actual relationship is so much more intense.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.