Do people enjoy the derby?

only time i can enjoy it is days when we are winning by a few goals with 10 mins left,other than that i hate the tension and stick in work and pub from rags who never go.

Everytime i say i'm not going, will watch it on TV but i end up going and not enjoying a second. The scholes winner last season was the last derby i ever went to, until i convinced myself to go to the one in November and even then i left to walk about in the concourse for 10 mins because i was adament they were going to score.

If we stop Berbatov this time we will win. Balo...sub late pen given to us by Webb in the 98th min. Justice at last.

rogdogblue said:
If we stop Berbatov this time we will win. Balo...sub late pen given to us by Webb in the 98th min. Justice at last.
If Webb gets this game then there is not much point in us turning up tbh.

Used to really enjoy the derbies, but as got older have become more nervy, wound up etc., to the extent that I'm not going to OT this year for the first time in a long time after what happened in the 2 games there last season. As a kid in the early 70's, I loved derby week - the build up in school and the games themselves, just brilliant.

I have a love/hate relationship with it.

Imagine the season without the Derby again, when we playing Stockport, Bury, Macc etc. I was craving for the derby again.

The Manchester Derby is part of life for Manchester. It wouldn't be the same without it. Imaging being a team like Leeds who don't have a proper derby to play in.

However, I am like a nervous wreck on derby day. I have to get pissed out my face to try and handle what the outcome is. Utter joy if we win, despair if we lose. Just thinking about the derby coming up is making me gag.

And any Mancunian Rag will tell you the same, however much they try and deny it and belittle us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.