Do we stick with Pants for the Semi & Final?

Stretfordian_Blue said:
jimharri said:
Stretfordian_Blue said:
Why is everyone so certain we will get through to the final? We could get Chelsea/United in the semi and boom, we're potentially out.
To be fair to the OP, he did say in his post ''possible final''. The thread title could be seen as being a bit presumptious, but we're all hoping that we do get to the final.
Of course we're all hoping so, but it's very arrogant, almost raglike in the way we're going about final discussions already.

rubbish

BLUEMATT23 said:
0 goals conceded in 4 FA cup games for Pantilimon, barely tested I know but looks solid enough.

Should Bobby stick with him for the semi/possible final OR recall Joe?

Could we win the cup without conceding a goal to!

Edit:
IF we go on to win the cup WITHOUT conceding a goal we will be the 1st team since BURY in the 1902-03 FA Cup to acheive this rare feat.
I hope so would be some achievement,

Blackburn also havnt conceded so far too if I'm not mistaken

Stretfordian_Blue said:
Why is everyone so certain we will get through to the final? We could get Chelsea/United in the semi and boom, we're potentially out.

Quite right. I remember Everton beating Colchester 5-0 at Goodison in the Q/F way back in 1970-71. They drew Liverpool in the semis at the Swamp and despite scoring first lost 2-1. As Platt said in his post-match interview we need to be totally professional and not start thinking about the final. Semis at Wembley are only good if you win them.

I think we should keep it the same, maybe if Hart had been brilliant all season and Pantilimon looked shakey in the cup there would be reason for change but that hasn't been the case. Believe Mancini would bring Hart back for the final though , if we make it there.

MSP said:
stan bowles said:
Stretfordian_Blue said:

Semis at Wembley are only good if you win them.

Finals are not far away from that definition too though.

That should be our mindset. Nothing less than winning the Cup will do.

Hart will play I think. Harsh on pants but it would be harsh on 40,000 blues going to wembley and not playing our strongest team. But mancini wont give a fuck about either of those things - his job is to make manchester city successful and that means playing your best team at Wembley

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.