Do you believe in Hughes ability to succeed here?

I still dont think he's good enough to take City anywhere exciting.

I think the UEFA cup run is largely through luck more than anything if you look at some of the results.

If we had Bojinov,Petrov,Johnson and Onuoha all fit from start of season added with Given,Bridge,De Jong,Bellamy im sure we would have won alot more away from home and be in the top 6 or atleast right behind them. Look at the quality above, lets see next season eh. Like he said at the fans forum he has had alot of work to do behind the sceans thats gone unoticed.

Atleast all the players he has brought in are fighting for the club, look at Zabs, Kompany, De Jong etc picture them next season when they are really settled, they are going to be even better. Players need time so the Hughes out crew stop moaning and think, it doesn't all change over night lets see next season.

Stiz said:
whitefield_blue said:
Stiz said:
1 away win all season with the team we've got!? that is really really poor! get rid i say! he's only holding out for the scum just when red nose jacks it in anyways.

Dont talk shite, who do you suppose we get in? Finally we are finding some stability and muppets are calling Hughes out. Well changing managers every season has worked for us so far hasnt it?

dont talk shite!? 1 AWAY WIN! id sack the pub football manager for tht!

2nd best home form in the league behind the rags??
Yes we have struggled away but its just a bad run, i feel confidence will come back and next season we will be a force.

whitefield_blue said:
Stiz said:
whitefield_blue said:
Stiz said:
1 away win all season with the team we've got!? that is really really poor! get rid i say! he's only holding out for the scum just when red nose jacks it in anyways.

Dont talk shite, who do you suppose we get in? Finally we are finding some stability and muppets are calling Hughes out. Well changing managers every season has worked for us so far hasnt it?

dont talk shite!? 1 AWAY WIN! id sack the pub football manager for tht!

2nd best home form in the league behind the rags??
Yes we have struggled away but its just a bad run, i feel confidence will come back and next season we will be a force.

well i hope ur right. i personally just dont think MH will be on the bandwagon with us tho.

For me he has many good quialities, but is also lacking in many:

Top bracket when it comes to signings, cant fault him here, he knows what teams need and brings in the right players (some very surprising ones like kompany also!!)

as a guy he seems calm and cleaver, what hes improved behind the scenes has (apparently) vastly improved us

tatical awareness and balls to make a judgement call needs work....basically he still needs more confidence ein this area, a lot of his decisions have been eye raisers, if he gets a few more crucial decisions right the fans and players will trust him more...

the biggest thing he seems to let himself down on is pyschology, all the best managers use it to get the best out of their players, the prime example is mourinho, who can make the most average of player perform wonders for him. bacon face(fear), wenger(inspiration) and benitez(distant, player work hard to impress him even though he never praises) all use different techniques, we havnt seen anything from hughes yet.......

his interviews are a joke as well........so many ''subsiquently'', ''as a conciquence'' and ''consiquently's'' etc etc, that after a while you start thinking 'what the fuck are you going on about...please use new words....try and inspire the team through the media........not bore the team through it!?!

Pam said:
I defy anyone to say the away form isn't a worry.

I agree with you and Stiz that it is a worry but i think it has been confidence thing. Everything has been unstable and i feel we have rellied too much on Robhino away from home which is why in my eyes he struggles. Now we have Bellamy and Boj fit we can shake it up a bit. Not to mention sturridge and who ever we sign in the summer. Im gonna say i can guarentee we will at least double our tally next season ;) haha

I suppose if we can maintain the good home form next season and significant improve when we're away, then top five would not be out of the question.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.