Do you care about being considered a 'big' team?

Not remotely. I loved the club every bit as much when we were getting beat away at York as I do when we're winning champions league finals. Maybe even more so because that's the chaotic club i grew up with.

Christ - I recognise myself in that - I shouldn't, but I do - If City are winning - all is right with the World - lose and the weekend/day is ruined. Was a time when I was over it 5 minutes after the final whistle. Success and the pressures of it eh.
Nurse!
There was a time when the wife was fed up with me being a mard arse all weekend after a loss. She made a rule you can have 2 hrs and then you come out smiling again. It tends to work well and my whole weekend isn't ruined although after the final on Saturday I was still a grumpy old git hours later.

I couldn't give a fuck what anybody considers Manchester City to be...

As much as I have loved the last 8 years of winning absolutely everything under Pep, I really miss the old days too.

I was watching Blackburn 1-4 Man City yesterday and it brought back unbelievable memories, I'm not trying to have a dig at City's support currently but the fan base back then was absolutely incredible, The away days we have were off the scale...I really miss the "How's things Brother" :)

So no matter where we are I couldn't care less neither do I give a fuck about being considered as a big club.

Dippers and Rags can fight out that childish remark..."My dad is bigger than you're dad"...Fuck Off.

Yes the rags and dippers are bigger clubs. Big swinging Mickey. It doesn't make me less proud to be a City fan or I don't enjoy our success any less.
If Britain win 10 gold medals at the Olympics will you feel less proud or inadequate because America won 60.
What's made me so proud is that for a little club none of the big clubs could take us on their own. We made them have to gang together like the the 'hateful 8' cunts to battle us . They've stood behind the FA and UEFA to put us down. Which speaks volumes about how they are such cowardly cunts

Couldn't really care less about it tbh. "My club is bigger than yours" is an incredibly juvenile argument that tends to be the preserve of United, Liverpool and Arsenal fans, mainly.

It's absurd to suggest that City aren't a big club anyway, as by pretty much any metric you use we clearly are, but it doesn't make me feel superior to fans of other clubs. You'd have to be a bit of a dick to think that way.

Couldn't really care less about it tbh. "My club is bigger than yours" is an incredibly juvenile argument that tends to be the preserve of United, Liverpool and Arsenal fans, mainly.

It's absurd to suggest that City aren't a big club anyway, as by pretty much any metric you use we clearly are, but it doesn't make me feel superior to fans of other clubs. You'd have to be a bit of a dick to think that way.

I always laugh when they criticise our revenue, impossible for us to be top 3 in the world being as successful as we are but perfectly normal that Villa, Everton, Newcastle and the rest of the English teams are littered in the top 20 in Europe.

I think it's just a comfort blanket for them whilst going through their 'misery' as they put it. Long may it continue.

Reactions: Ric
I couldn't care less. The people who spout that sort off nonsense are idiots blinded by pure tribalism, who couldn't be objective if they tried. They will call you a plastic whilst supporting the dippers or rags from the US or Nigeria. They will tell you that we have no history and then when you show them we won a trophy before them, they say that's too far back in time to be relevant. To them history is only history if it's the period their team was doing well in. The you have the strange conspiratorial nature of them like the 115, just today on twitter I was people accusing Rodri of being on PEDs because he's lost eyebrow hair to them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.