Do you care about being considered a 'big' team?

Hell no. Been supporting City since the 80s, I became a fan due to the warmth and togetherness, win or lose. Felt like a family. My actual family were partly raggies and desperate for me to go along to Stretford with them, just couldn't understand it when I refused.

We were often called 'sleeping giants' back then, so our support and reputation were recognised anyway, but what would being a 'big club' even mean nowadays? The best social media presence? The most online fans? Most likes on a post? Most trophies won in a specific timeframe? Most nationalities welcomed onto the stadium tour?

City is City. It's my City, and whether person x y or z likes that or not, I don't care. Just like fans of Cheltenham, Ipswich, Carlisle or any club shouldn't care.

Besides, a major flaw of thinking you're a big club is that you start to belittle other clubs just for existing. One of the main reasons fans of almost every other club dislike the scum, thanks to their attitude in the 90s and beyond. Let's not be them.

We've always been regarded as big club, it's just that we underachieved for many years. Absolute cock ends like that monkfish faced twat Goldbridge tell people we have no history with no fans, etc.

Yet our record attendance is 84,569 for a match against Stoke City on the 3rd of March 1934 at Maine Road. A home stadium record that has stood for over 90 years.

Small club? Go fuck yourselves.

Just keep wearing your city shirt with pride and listening to people whinge and pull there faces when they see you in it that's all I can say.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.