Do you care about being considered a 'big' team?

The Rags and the Scousers have once again moved the goal posts.

It used to be nobody has ever heard of City.

Now City are known all over the world, it’s City will never be as big as United and Liverpool.

If you go on X/Twitter, Facebook, that’s all you will read from United and Liverpool fans now.

Just like, in the past, City have never won the PL. City have never done the double. City have never won the CL. City have never done the treble. City have never done 3 PL titles in a row.(now 4 PL titles in a row) Think to yourselves, when was the last time you heard any of those jibes and comments from a United or Liverpool fan. A long time ago I bet. Now the only thing they have left is, City will never be as big as United and Liverpool.

Now City are known all over the world, it’s City will never be as big as United and Liverpool.

If you go on X/Twitter, Facebook, that’s all you will read from United and Liverpool fans now.

Just like, in the past, City have never won the PL. City have never done the double. City have never won the CL. City have never done the treble. City have never done 3 PL titles in a row. Think to yourselves, when was the last time you heard any of those jibes and comments from a United or Liverpool fan. A long time ago I bet. Now the only thing they have left is, City will never be as big as United and Liverpool.
moving-goalposts-goalposts.gif

Really could not give a toss, I find the bitterness and comments by the rags, dippers, tarquins and anyone else highly amusing, as City are in them heads, rent free, feet up with, with a brew, getting noshed by their mams.
Shower of sad maggots that they are. That noncey looking ex dibble plastic rag being the best example along with that fat Jackeen translucent space hopper dipper

Just like, in the past, City have never won the PL. City have never done the double. City have never won the CL. City have never done the treble. City have never done 3 PL titles in a row.(now 4 PL titles in a row) Think to yourselves, when was the last time you heard any of those jibes and comments from a United or Liverpool fan. A long time ago I bet. Now the only thing they have left is, City will never be as big as United and Liverpool.

If it means having fans which are comparable to the utter twats which those two attract, I hope we are never as big
as them !

I’ve always found the whole concept really bizarre. It’s especially odd when it’s a ‘fan’ of a club who started supported them when they were already ‘big’ or were getting big.

It’s like me watching Titanic tonight, liking it then bragging how much it grossed at the cinema. Or becoming a swifty then bragging about how many other swifties there are.

If it means having fans which are comparable to the utter twats which those two attract, I hope we are never as big
as them !
Our national and international fan base has grown bigger than there’s over the last decade. Fact.

We have solid local support, and that's something I appreciate the most about us. Salt of the earth Mancunians, and even surrounding areas that have been going for years and supporting us at rock bottom.

Which is exactly why I started supporting City even though I'm an American and have no real ties to Manchester outside of some possible distant ancestry.

I never cared for big-brand teams in any sport whose supporters are primarily interested in supporting the biggest name around. To me that's just weird and pathetic.

I care about winning trophies, and I care about the community that being a City fan has afforded me.

I do not care how many replica shirts the team sell worldwide. I do not care how many people are watching us that couldn't even find Manchester on a map. I do not care about popularity contests - and again, this is exactly why I became a City supporter.

I have lost exactly zero seconds of sleep in my life wondering if City are seen as a "big club," whatever the hell that means. Last time I checked, nobody awards trophies to professional clubs for being "big." The taunts don't bother me at all. I have no desire to see City gain more fans if those fans are the kinds to have no life outside of running their mouths on social media about who's a "big club" and who isn't. I don't want glory supporters or social media banter merchants, I want real fans. This world has too many idiots in it anyway - the fewer of them associated with City, the better.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.