Do you care about being considered a 'big' team?

Our national and international fan base has grown bigger than there’s over the last decade. Fact.

Wasn't aware of that @jrb , so thanks.

I will always prefer quality over quantity, so you will appreciate the comment regarding both sets of cunts?

Last edited:
We are neck and neck with Madrid for bringing in the most revenues in the sport. We bring in more revenue than United. It is inarguable that we are a big club.
Yeah but their income is real, ours is all put in by our owners and fake sponsorship. Nd dont forget the 30 thousand seats that we give out free every game because we cant sell them.

Personally, I couldn't give a flying fuck what some armchair plastic, entitled glory hunting red shirt wanker who latched onto a club because they were successful thinks.
The fact that they think we need validation from these clowns is laughable.

Yeah...but apart from that?

:-)

Not at all, no. It's such an arbitrary thing and people in football usually have an attitude where the teams that were big or good in their childhood are the only ones that mattered, ever have mattered and ever should matter.

I love football, I love talking about different teams and who is good in the here and now without getting into bitter arguments about who 'earned' their success or 'bought' their success, that sort of stuff. If fans of teams that are supposedly 'bigger than City' are bitter that City is now beating their team, they should hang their heads in shame for having a decades long headstart and still losing.

If you ask many a Madrid fan often times they'll say Barcelona isn't actually a big club at all and only become relevant with Cruyff and yet in my teenage years Real Madrid didn't get out of a CL round of sixteen for about seven years straight despite outspending everybody else.

When Man Utd had the most money and won the most things they were seen as a plastic new kid on the block, but now they are supposedly the soulful traditional team taking on the evil antagonist in City. It's all a load of nonsense.

Dick head rag at work telling me the FA cup is bigger than winning the league
They give a Champions League spot for winning the league

They give a Europa League spot for winning the FA Cup

Pretty sure I know which one is bigger

Losing on Saturday sucked, not trying to pretend it didn't but anyone trying to banter by saying the cup is a bigger trophy is just openly celebrating their own idiocy

Don't know what a ‘big’ club means. And don't much care.

I do know one thing, though. I care about the team, and club, having a big heart.
Having over thirty-two thousand for our first home game down in the doldrums of what was effectively the third division. That's having a big heart. Something that the Liverpools, the Man Uniteds, the Arsenals will never know. And never sing.

We are neck and neck with Madrid for bringing in the most revenues in the sport. We bring in more revenue than United. It is inarguable that we are a big club.
Good point.

I would often argue with rags in the 90s that the reason they were considered a "big" club was because of the revenue (lamp shades, duvet covers and replica shirts) they brought in.

You could say MCFC have superceded that and are developing a broader reach globally.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.