Do You Fondly Remember Your First Pair Of Football Boots?

Patrick boots with metal studs. Was in a 50/50 with a goalkeeper and he ended up with a big gash down his ankle. Metal studs were banned a few years later. They would end up with sharp edges from walking on concrete and easily slice through someones leg.

stonerblue said:
BOMBER7967 said:
cockneycarparkm32 said:
Winfields 4 stripes

ha ha, me too, from Woolworths I think...........I was the only kid with them I had the piss taken out of me big time! The day I got my 1st pair of Adidas screw in stud boots was huge!

I hope I didnt bring back bad memories there Bomber,ha ha . Two of us in the class had them and they were merciless with piss taking , got them all back when I used to play better than them in a pair of spastic boots as I used to call them .
same here but weren't they 2 stiped like Gola

Sure me and a mate cut a stripe off and wrote ADIDAS on one of the stripes . Buzzing when I got a pair of Patrick for chrimbo that year . Believe me I made sure they fitted me for years with the split down the back ,then I got given a pair of second generation battered bechenbauer that some poorer twat than me nicked . Fech me Gola ,sure I ended up with a pair as they were the cheapest on the market ahem! stall.

What about them boots with the gadgets on.
Think it was Patrick that did the laces down the side and the tongue flaps over ones.
Then them screw-ins with the rotating front studs. Ankle breakers.

I got into my school teams under 11s aged 7 3/4 and wore some boots with 2 stripes on them off the market made of some sort of plastic i think.

From that point my main birthday pressie every year was footy boots. I had Adidas Penerol, Puma King etc but saved up myself from my paper round money for those Adidas boots which were made of Kangeroo leather and whose name now escapes me.

I hate the modern football boots. Boots should be Black and White only. Pink boots ffs

2011-08-11_123612PM.jpg

Dunlop Superstars 2 as endorsed by Trevor Brooking, they were moulded soles and I loved them. I remember my debut in them gave a penalty within 10 minutes of coming on took there striker clean out he'd been banging 'em in all afternoon until took him out and ended his afternoon. Also managed not to get sent off.

Rascal I think that you might have had pair too.

I was another with Winfields. And I had to grow into them!
So chuffed when I got my first pair of screw-ins, Umbro I think they were. I think black was the only available colour back then.

Mike D said:
2011-08-11_123612PM.jpg

Dunlop Superstars 2 as endorsed by Trevor Brooking, they were moulded soles and I loved them. I remember my debut in them gave a penalty within 10 minutes of coming on took there striker clean out he'd been banging 'em in all afternoon until took him out and ended his afternoon. Also managed not to get sent off.

Rascal I think that you might have had pair too.

They look familiar but i dont recall the dunlop sign on them.

But i was 7 and thats 40 fucking years ago :))

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.