Do you have any matchday superstitions?

some of the posts on here make me feel quite sane.

the junior blue has to go and find our names on the outside of the stadium while i dig the seasoncards out of my bag. the only time she didn't do it this season was chelsea. we daren't not do it now.

In the season we won the league in 2012 I got tickets for the QPR game the day we'd lost to arsenal, baloteli got sent off and we got written off. In the game v Chelsea Nasri scored the moment I popped into the kitchen to get a cup of tea. I then spent the rest of the games sitting at the kitchen table nervously watching the clock whilst the game was on telly in the other room (if televised). It seemed to work so I continued. I then made my way to the qpr game. Was a bag of nerves. 2-1 down can't describe the horror. A middle aged couple next to me (she was in floods of tears) left. I sensed my moment, I'd jinxed the whole thing. I walked out. We scored two goals. BOOM. WE WON THE LEAGUE. This year we lost at at anfield. That evening I get offered tickets for the last game of the season as before in 2012. I decided I had to replicate my 2012 ritual and we might have a chance. I haven't watched a single game since. Sat in the kitchen watching the clock. I almost wavered when persuading myself that watching the palace Liverpool game didn't count. They went three nil up. I made my way to the kitchen and when I checked the result, 3-3! I rushed to tell my wife and deadpan she turns to me and says, 'don't tell me, it's because You stopped watching the telly and went into the kitchen' (with that look of disdain). Seriously - I'm going on Sunday and I promise, if we are 1-0 down on 87 minutes, like in 2012 I will not hesitate in leaving the ground in the interests of superstition. My wife thinks I need help.

Numerous over the years.

The latest involves touching my city blue cast that I've had in place on my arm from the Thursday before the Chelsea win at Anfield and our Palace win.

You're welcome....

Morning coffee in the same cup the morning of every game.

I used to always wear the same jeans and socks. Until I realised that it's unlikely the players are in the dressing room working out what I had on before deciding whether to win.

*I still wear the same outfit as trips to Wembley in 2012 for important games.

uwe rosler 28 said:
Churchill123 said:
it's called going to the pub and getting at least 6 pints in before kick off..

This superstition is for both home and away games..

This^^^ though it might be more than 6 on sunday!

6 pre game so i can still hopefully enjoy the game all being well, but IF we do get the job done, then it will be an absolute boat load after the game!!!

bluegirl74 said:

the junior blue has to go and find our names on the outside of the stadium while i dig the seasoncards out of my bag. the only time she didn't do it this season was chelsea. we daren't not do it now.

Do you think we lost to chelsea because we missed chances and they played really well, or because your son forgot to find your names? Which one do you think is more likely?

I always shout "come on Blues we should be 2 up by now" as soon as the ball is touched at kick-off.

It probably gets on the tits of my neighbours in the South Stand, but I just can't help myself.

Although for variety I made it "3 up" against Fulham.

And for away games I shout it at the telly.

And last night I shouted it in a full hotel bar in Crawley where I was working....that definitely created a little local interest.

Didsbury Dave said:
bluegirl74 said:

Do you think we lost to chelsea because we missed chances and they played really well, or because your son forgot to find your names? Which one do you think is more likely?

Daughter?

Whenever I change the cats litter tray I always try and make sure she shits on a picture of a rag or, just recently, a dipper. She gets extra food if she shits on Ferdinand, Suarez or Gerrard but, for some reason, she doesn't seem to be comfy shitting on Phil Jones's face.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.