Do you still think Yaya's slow and cumbersome?

He should play further forward more often,he has great nimble feet and finishes cooly.I reckon he could probably do a great job up front as a striker!

Bazzmand Show said:
Train said:
He's great on the break, but slow and cumbersome getting back.

He played well tonight in a more advanced role.

My judgement of him hasn't changed a bit. Good player.

He's not in the team to defend. De Jong/Barry/Milner/Kompany/Lescott are. Hes there to drive the team forward and contribute to the attacks, which he does brilliantly.

lol. He's a box to box midfielder.

Yeah box-to-box mf, but much better when is actually attacking. He has a very good technical ability which is the most profitable if he attacks, coming from deep, getting past opponents.

When we play Nasri/Agüero/Nasri plus Dzeko or Balotelli Yaya sits deeper, doesnt get forward often, he does a good job in general but his gameplay is so much boring compared to last year when he was our second or third most attacking threat behind Tevez.

When he comes forward he seems like full of life, energy.

He is a little bit all-around and can play 2-3 different roles in midfield.

In Barca he played always behind Xavi and Iniesta and Xavi was very deep sometimes and Yaya stayed even behind him. He rarely had forward runs like in City (yeah Messi and co. did a good job there anyway), he had 3-4 goals sum. in 3 years at Barca. He had over 10 goals here just last year.

Sometimes he was even centreback what didn't happen at City.

Great skills on ball which is fantastic given his weight and height and clicks very well with Silva, but his attacking display is only possible if we don't have to defend that well in midfield. Or others help out a lot (Silva, Milner, Barry etc.)

When he is forward he leaves pretty big places behind him, that's why we needed Barry+NDJ together last year behind Yaya.

Very strong part of the line up, hope he wont be injured and will be missing only for African Nation's cup and no more. Can be a tricky January with 1-2 big PL matches and maybe Carling cup semifinals and FA Cup in bonus.

And hope this Kolo ban/hearing/issue/selling maybe wont cause a problem with Yaya.

Big big game player and we are going to have a lot of them.

Same with Balo.

They both step up to the plate when the going gets tough.

Another thread discussing the bleeding obvious. To be honest I've not seen Yaya getting much stick on here recently, so I think you're talking about legacy threads here. He still gets some stick up in 202, but that's because the individual giving him stick is ignorant - you want to hear his views on Johnson!

Ed68 said:
He's like a finely tuned diesel engine.

There's a little lag before the turbo kicks in but then he's off like a train.

He has a foot like a traction engine.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.