Do you still want Tevez at the club?

im 50/50 on this no doubting his ability and work ethic,but really if we have any chance of winning the league it would be to our benefit to play the strongest team in all games and he comes in that eleven.but on the other hand the disruption he would bring,after refusing to play after his transfer request,then just expecting to turn up as if nothing has happened and walk back into the team is not right either,and at a crucial stage of the season for the club i just dont know....

Theres Is Absolutly No Room For Mercenaries At This Club.
VinceNigeFlag.jpg

If he knuckles down and deserves his place then play him. If not don't. Do whatever is best for the team not him.

One things for sure and that is that I will never cheer for him again. Will cheer a goal because he will have scored for my team but never again will I cheer him or sing his name.

The bit that gets me is how much he has disrespected the captaincy. Utterly disgraceful and arrogant. The behaviour of a fringe first team player not the captain this.

The captaincy has to go and has to go to Kompany or DeJong. I'd make VK captain. One of our most consistent players and the closest we have got to a real leader (and universally liked by the fans).

ElanJo said:
I'll be pissed off and embarrassed if the club buckle. Get rid and on our terms.

Replace him (and Ade) with serious footballers who want to win things. Players like Torres, Forlan, Dzeko, Aguero

I agree. The club should agree to let him go at the end of the season. Unless we sign someone in the January window & as long as he's still showing willing in training and continues to be our best CF then we may as well try and get the best out of him while he still gets his salary.

cleavers said:
nmc said:
Sorry but he's burned his bridges for me. Just want him out now. I have been a blue for 30 years and have seen us win jack sh!t but I don't want players like Tevez in the blue shirt - I'd sooner not win Trophies than do it with people like this. I'm pleased the Board are doing the right thing and I hope we show the Footballing world we have standards. I won't boo him if he plays Monday but I won't cheer him either - after his comments he's an impostor in our shirt - he doesn't deserve to wear it.

I agree, watching him laughing and joking with the others today, like nothing has happened was quite nauseating, he doesn't respect the fans of this club, its hardened my position on him.

I want City to stand firm, don't let him go in January, make the bugger play, drop him if he doesn't perform, sue him if he doesn't turn up, but in the long run the sooner he f**ks off the better.
Whilst I whole-heartedly agree with this post, I have to say I find it odd that people have taken Tevez so much to heart. I have never liked him, trusted him nor rooted for him, other than as a City player. He is a proper selfish twat and the club needs to move on from players with his dubious grasp of reality. (His performances on the pitch, apart from his recent selfish displays, have actually been a pleasant surprise, and credit to him.) But he isn't Cruyff, Di Stefano, Puskas, Pele etc. etc... He is Herman-fucking-Munster, let's move on...

mcfcliam said:
All these people who think it's all his agents fault are seriously blinkered.

Tevez is a grown man, he has a mind of his own and he wants to leave.

I don't anything to do with him.

i would not put it all on the agents toes.....tevez must of signed the request..
also sky are still saying "man city captain carlos tevez".......has he not been stripped of this yet?

My preference would be for him to stay long enough for us to get in and play regularly a new main striker, e.g. Dzeko. IMO he has always been more of a second strode 'cos he plays so deep. If he wants out we can get many to do that job. It's harder to find a top goal scorer. It's not natural that Tevez is a top scorer given his style of play and because of this IMO he coul never be a longterm lone frontman. We need him for now but we've needed to sort out a striker since he arrived.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.