Do you want the glory hunters/tourists?

There already there, at the semi final at coms I bumped into a lad I used to work with. He was a Liverpool fan when I worked with him, but guess what he had city shirt on and a city flag! when i gave him shit he just did one.
He has lived in Manchester all his life but was a Liverpool fan who went a few times a year(fair enough), we all know the type. but now he's a city fan, no idea of the history or any real love of the club.
Shitbag.

masterwig said:
M18CTID said:
what actually shocked me more was when I went to Chelsea the other week - I'd not been since 1993, and I couldn't believe just how many tourists and glory-hunters there were.

How do you know these people hadn't been going every year since 1993?

I take it you don't seriously think that.

Chelsea v Manchester City 22/11/1993 - Attendance 10,128
Chelsea v Manchester City 27/02/2010 - Attendance 41,814

They didn't all start flocking to Stamford Bridge immediately after we played them in 1993! Their crowds didn't start increasing to any great extent until well into Gullit's reign, and no doubt helped by the modernisation of the stadium plus the Chelsea Village development. Even back then though, they were hardly selling out every week.

I misunderstood your point to be honest and I wasn't being entirely serious anyway.

I thought you were talking about the City away fans not the home support.

masterwig said:
I misunderstood your point to be honest and I wasn't being entirely serious anyway.

I thought you were talking about the City away fans not the home support.

No worries - I know from reading some of your posts that you're intelligent enough not to have been serious, so I made that point when answering you rather than going in all guns blazing ;)

Bump.

With the season ticket prices rising and people having to move, this was my point. Loyal fans who have been going for years are now being priced out for the prawn sandwich brigade. I will be renewing but it's a shame for those who can no longer afford it.

We haven't even won anything yet either!! Imagine what it'll be like when we do start winning things, they'll price more out, and then more, and so on.. until we have a bunch of photographers from Norway, eating prawn sandwiches and wearing "I visited the City of Manchester Stadium" t-shirts filling up the stands.

Grand Master Ram Rod said:
Bump.

With the season ticket prices rising and people having to move, this was my point. Loyal fans who have been going for years are now being priced out for the prawn sandwich brigade. I will be renewing but it's a shame for those who can no longer afford it.

We haven't even won anything yet either!! Imagine what it'll be like when we do start winning things, they'll price more out, and then more, and so on.. until we have a bunch of photographers from Norway, eating prawn sandwiches and wearing "I visited the City of Manchester Stadium" t-shirts filling up the stands.

What!!! a 6% increase and you're saying people have been priced out! give it a break and get real for fook's sake.

Tueart1976 said:
Bump.

What!!! a 6% increase and you're saying people have been priced out! give it a break and get real for fook's sake.

It isn't 6% is it? It is far more for everyone in the South Stand.

Bump.

I will try my very best not to upset you with my camera next time I get over.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.